Old 09-06-2009, 04:23 PM   #1  
Yoga-addict

Height: 5'2''

Smile Friends and Losers sept 6-sept 13 2009

Hi Ladies,

Hope everyone is having a relaxed labor-day weekend!Just wanted to share with you all that I completed my first month at LAWL yesterday and i lost 11.4 lbs and 5 inches.
Not a huge achievement i guess...but it is a start atleast and gives me hope that I can break free of all these extra lbs and find my true self once again.

Take care and have a great weekend!
MJ
mj2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 11:31 AM   #2  
Michelle

S/C/G: 216/160/135

Height: 5"6'

Hey all. Happy Labor Day to you. Can someone with LA Chef sumit this recipe. I am interested to see what the exchanges for it would be. I'm guessing 1 fat,1 pro,1veg. Thanks in advance.

Stuffed Tilapia
Servings: 6
Serving Size: 1 fillet

Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large sauté pan, sauté garlic and mushrooms for 5 minutes in olive oil. Add approximately 1/3 of the spinach, cover and reduce the heat to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Add more spinach as the spinach reduces in volume until all the spinach has been added. Set aside and let the spinach mixture cool.

Combine the cooled spinach mixture with the feta cheese, and 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice. Spoon approximately 1/3 cup of the spinach mixture onto each fillet. Roll the fillet around the spinach stuffing and place seam side down on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Brush the tops of the fillets with the remaining lemon juice. Lightly sprinkle with fresh ground pepper.

Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for approximately 20 minutes or until the fish flakes when pricked with a fork.

Ingredients:
6 (4 ounce) tilapia fillets
2 teaspoons olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
4 ounces mushrooms, chopped
1 pound fresh spinach leaves, rinsed thoroughly
1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
3 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Cooking spray
Coarsely ground pepper

Nutrient Facts
Calories: 170
Total fat: 5 g
Saturated fat: 2 g
Calories from fat: 45
Cholesterol: 62 mg
Dietary Fiber: 3 g
Sodium: 250 mg
momofthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 08:56 PM   #3  
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

Height: 5'3"

Hope everyone had a good long weekend. I have tomorrow off as well and then back at it again for wednesday and thursday and then off friday and monday again - done next Tuesday. So not much time left for me there.

I ordered the Shred yesterday online from amazon.ca so it should be here in about a week. I got it for $14.49 CDN so I didn't think too bad. I also got the whole first season of True Blood - I have never seen it but other people tell me its good so I went with it - it was $35 off so not a bad deal. I love Twilight series so I expect I'll like this too. Can't wait for New Moon movie to come out in Nov.

Quiet weekend for me but then again it usually is.

I'll check in again tomorrow...keep up the good work folks!!!
equinetcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 09:48 PM   #4  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

I am sooo excited that Alannah is joining or Shred club!!!! Tomorrow will be my 30th day......and let me tell you.....the time really flew. Anyone want to start the cahllenge, cuz I'll so for anohter 30 days, starting on Wed.

It was a very intense weekend around here.....my brother, girlfirend,and hs two girls were here, and I pretty much made food all weekend long. Check out this list of naughtiness: Krispe Kreme copycat doughnuts, pulled pork (DH made that), chicken enchilladas, moon pies, and sweetie buns. OMG......I ate naughty things....but in moderation.....which is my latest motto....well, it's not mine, but it is a good one.......I now enjoy everything in moderation.....if and only if I really want to. I will WI on Wed. to see how much I have lost since beginning of the Shred. I am not expecting anything more than 5 lbs.........but as long as there is a loss, I will be happy. I know I am building muscle......and I am so excited to continue to get strong. I hope a few more of you join Jillian's challenge.......it has helped me soo much

Ok, time to watch a movie with DH. Have a great night, and a hard working Monday
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:22 AM   #5  

Height: 5'6

Alannah, True Blood is an awesome show! It's sort of an "adult" version of Twilight I find....way more gory, dark and well, lots of nudity! haha

I behaved quite badly over the long weekend...but...long weekends are pretty much over for the summer so hopefully back to business!

Did anyone else hear the news? There is a Biggest Loser game coming out for the Wii in October! That will be on my Christmas list for sure! I am probably going to start the Wii Active 30 Day challenge in October (and hopefully not injure myself again!). Maybe I will become a Shredder later....for now I want to actually complete the Active challenge
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:17 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Nicole- I am very proud of you for completing the 30 day shred. I am going to get started back too. The food you made this weekend sounds amazing. I think it took a lot of self control to eat in moderation, so way to go!!!

Kristin- I will also put that on my Christmas List I have not used the Wii except to play games so I look forward to getting to use it for exercise.

Alannah- you will like the Shred, just give it some time, you will be sore the first few days but it gets easier-- just ask Nicole!!

Not to much to report. We got a lot done around the house this weekend, WE rearranged our bedroom and got a new comforter and draperies for our anniversery. It looks like a brand new room and it functions so much better. We got the gutters cleaned out too, that was quite disgusting.

My Dh is fighting with his brother so there is quite a bit of turmoil with his family and I am trying to keep my mouth out of it. Needless to say never loan your relatives money!!!Sometimes I think I should be on a reality show because I just know no one would believe the things that really happen in my life. But just the thought of someone filming me all the time freaks me out. The $$$ would be nice though!!

I must say I have enjoyed the evenings cooling down a bit. I have started my walk/jogs again. I can not believe how far I can job sometimes. I never thought 25 weeks ago when I started my weight loss journey that I would ever be able to jog or even think about running. There is a group here at work that run during lunch and I saw them out the other day, to me when people say run I think run, not jog. So I might just join them next month when the weather gets cooler.

Hope everyone is doing well!!!
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:19 AM   #7  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

morning all. back to the grind (ha!) i guess.
it was a wonderful long weekend. worked out 6 days last week and going for the same..been doing great keeping up with it. hope everyone else is too!

and CONGRATS to NICOLE for finishing the 30 Day Shred! SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!!!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:42 AM   #8  
Amy

Morning guys!

I am SOOOO glad to be back from vacation! We went to VA Beach with all of my inlaws nd it rained everyday. The kids were brats and cling-y, and my inlaws NEVER shut up. UGH!

Oh, and the fod was horrible. I doubt that I had one fruit or vegetable last week, and the scale showed it! As well as my body, I felt sooo bad all week, just felt like a sludge.

GOod news is I am home and back OP with my DH. He's onboard with me, and we're doing GREAT!

Well, still waiting to hear about my job, hopefully I hear this week... already spent about $500 on clothes for the job... now I have to get it!!

Have a great OP day guys!!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:04 AM   #9  
Amy

Oh, and just before I forget....

Yoplait makes these 100 calorie Yogurt Parfaits that are to DIE for!! I found out about them through Hungry Girl, and have tried the lemon tort and te chocolate raspberry. Lemon torte is AMAZING. ChocoRasp tastes like fake sweetener....just too sweet.

Just wanted to pass it on! I am having one for dessert after dinner tonight as my dairy, and I cannot wait!!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:05 AM   #10  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Wow, you girls have such faith in me.........I told you that today would be my 30th day of the shred, and you have congratulated me before I reported that I DID INDEED COMPLETE THE 30 DAY SHRED!!!!

Yeah......how DO you like me now, Jillian.....you non-sweating psycho!!! What is with that anyway.....why doesn't she sweat? Maybe it's cuz she never shuts up..lol.

Anyway......I am totally up for another 30 days, and anyone who wants to join me is more than welcome I may take some measurements today, we'l see. The numbers can be discouraging sometimes.......I know for some it is a good thing....I have found over the years that it can do more damage than good.

Amy6......I have a rule of thumb when it comes to lending money to anyone......I only lend it if I can afford to never get it back.....and I expect to never get it back.....and if I do,well, it's a nice bonues. That way, I am never mad at the people I love. My Aunt gave me that advice long ago, and it is one of the best pieces of advice I ever listened to. I hope it all works out soon for your family. A troubled DH is never fun.

JerseyAmy......sorry your vacation sucked the big one. I can only imagine being cooped up with inlaws for so long......eeeeee. I am glad you are back and that DH is on board with you. It makes it so much easier to cook and such when you are working towards the same goals.

Hi Kirstin

Jilian......you rock girl. I may do 6 days also, I just havne't decided. Do you sweat like crazy when you are shredding. Holy cow, I do.....my hair is pretty much soaked by the time I am finiahed. It's really kinda gross to have sweat dripping into my mouth too.....ewwww.

Ok, have to get something else done here today....my arm is starting to get tired from patting myself on the back for so long . See you all soon
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:40 AM   #11  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Miss Nicole, you are my hero!!

We camped all weekend. It was really nice, but man, I have a lot to do this week. My DH is finally working, after being laid off for 9 months. I thought I would be so thrilled for him to be back to work, but instead I am feeling lonley and overwhelmed. He is working in the grain and potato harvest, and is putting in 13-15 hour days 6 days a week. The harvest will go on for about 8 weeks. The money will be great, but this seriously sucks! My kids are so used to having him around that the change has been really hard for them. They literally never see him, since he is asleep when they leave for school, and they are asleep when he gets home. My littlest cried for her daddy so hard last night that she threw up twice. I dug my whole potato patch last night, looks like we got about 80 lbs of red, purple and russett potatoes. Today I have to start bottling peaches and pears. After work I am going to my FIL's to pick his plums for jam and syrup, then going to my cousins house to pick chokecherries for syrup. At the same time, my squash is coming on with a vengance, my beets need to be pickled, the beans need picked and canned, and the corn needs to be picked and processed, and I have apples ready to be turned into cider and applesauce. Good lord, I better get off of the internet and get busy!

AmyM- My inlaws all hate each other, and have had 2 huge facebook fights in the last week. I feel for you!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 11:27 AM   #12  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning Everyone. Just checking in. I'm off on vacation this week so really not much new with me other than doing a whole lot of nothing!!

Nicole - you rock!!!! You and Jillian are my heroes!!!

And Katie - you make me tired just from reading all you have to do!!

Last edited by chiquita623; 09-08-2009 at 11:28 AM.
chiquita623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 11:36 AM   #13  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Laurie- Enjoy your vacation time!

Alannah- I am so sorry about your job situation, but you are right, maybe this is a good time for a new start!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 01:04 PM   #14  
WonderWoman

nicole, yes i'm totally a hot sweaty mess by the time i'm done shredding. especially since i do almost all of the advanced moves. it's awesome. i had pete do the Shred with me on saturday morning..level 3. he about died. it was hilarious!

i'm gonna start doing more cardio on top of the Shred as well. so a double workout...crazy, yes. needed, definitely.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:05 PM   #15  
WonderWoman

a great quote that Jillian Michaels found and posted on Twitter:

"When it comes to eating right and exercising, there is no 'I'll start tomorrow.' Tomorrow is disease."