General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 09-05-2009, 02:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 268.0/tracker/170.0

Height: 5'5

Default Stretch Mark Creams

Has anyone ever tried a strech mark cream that works?? I have a road map on my stomach after having my baby girl and I'm trying a sample of one called Celtrixa, but I didn't know if anyone had any other advice or samples to try. FYI, I'm going to take before and after pics of my stomach while using my sample so if anyone's intersted, I'll keep you posted!
bigsexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 03:49 PM   #2  
Harl-E-quinn Groupie

Height: 5'6

idk any stretch mark creams but please do take pictures along the way because i would like to try one myself ...
CHUNKEY_MUNKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 04:36 PM   #3  
Must do this!!

S/C/G: 175/ticker/125

Height: 5'2

I've always heard it's not about the lotion you use but actually massaging your stomach...idk how true it is, but I also have stretchmarks after having my son...they are EVERYWHERE!! My stomach, my sides, my thighs, my breast and behind my knees....ugh!!! If something works, do share! I read yesterday somewhere in this forum that Avon has a good one, the person couldn't remember the name, but said it come in a purple bottle and it's for cellulite as well as stretchmarks and she said it worked for her....
LiL PiXiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 05:32 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 154/154/129

Height: 5'7

I think its:

Super Shape Anti-Cellulite & Stretch Mark Cream (by Avon)

I've heard good things about it too
iampoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 08:22 PM   #5  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Um, there's a big ad for stretch mark cream running on the side of this thread!
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 10:10 PM   #6  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

When my son asks why he has to do what I say, I say, "Because I have the stretch marks!" I wear them with pride!
Chelby29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 10:20 PM   #7  
Featherweight

S/C/G: 135/130/125

Height: 5'3.5"

I hate to tell you this but cream won't help stretch marks, you've damaged the lowest layers of your skin, cream won't reach that. Cream will help you feel better but ask your mom if she has stretch marks, it's a genetic thing. I got one stretch mark with my 3rd baby, my mom has none.

The good thing about stretch marks is that they fade away and are just silvery lines.
Badges of honour, I agree
AR4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 07:26 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 175/163/120

^ I like the 'badges of honour' approach and I don't mind mine as much now they're just silvery.

BUT... I have to mention, I've heard that MSM cream helps. MSM is natural sulphur I think and people take it internally in powder form too. I was reading about the benefits of the powder as it is supposed to be beneficial to skin regeneration as well as many other things. I ended up reading about the cream and read a few things online about it helping with stretch marks, so maybe it's worth a shot. I am yet to try it myself but I'm considering giving it a go.

Last edited by liss; 09-07-2009 at 07:27 AM.
liss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 07:30 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/154

Bio Oil really worked not only on my strech marks but also my scars, does not make them go away but gets them to the 'silverly' stage a lot quicker, its great for all sorts off skin issues, you can use it as a bath oil as well.

It also helps prevent the appearance off new ones
KboP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 05:50 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 175/163/120

Just wanted to add to this... I got some of the MSM cream and thought I would do a little experiment, try it on a few stretch marks but not all of them so I can measure any difference. Could do nothing but you never know!
liss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:07 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 268.0/tracker/170.0

Height: 5'5

Excellent! Well let me know how the cream works for you liss. I'll be really interested to know.
bigsexy is offline   Reply With Quote