Default Weekly Chat: Sept. 7- Sept. 13

New pages!
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 12:54 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi:

I'm back home and glad to be here.

I indulged on food on the plane, but not bad after 2 weeks of moderation. We'll see if all that constraint did any good whatsoever. But, we do know it would have been worse without it for certain.

BBL,
Rhonda
Old 09-07-2009, 01:02 AM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey welcome home, Rhonda. I was on my way to bed. I wanted to report that I finally exercised at 3:30 but never got back here to catch up. I'll do it in the morning after my weigh in.

I'm proud of your moderation during times of stress.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 06:30 AM   #4  

I had a challenging day yesterday. I am going to try to drink water today, I really would just drink diet coke and coffee all day every day. I think that i was ok with my points yesterday, but I know I didn't get my fruits, veggies and dairy. Today I will get those fruits and veggies!
pureTcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 08:19 AM   #5  

Good Morning!

Hello, Rita. I think you're new here? I've been on and off for two weeks and might have missed your joining us. But,

Chickies: a "miracle" has happened. I spent two weeks in Texas, the home of chicken fried steak, fried chicken, and now fried butter...and gained only .6 of a pound.
Normally, I would have gained at least 6 pounds on such a long trip!

I'm off to see if there is a spinning class today.

Have a great day everyone!

BBL,
Rhonda
Old 09-07-2009, 10:56 AM   #6  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

HOPE EVERYONE IS ENJOYING A RELAXING LABOR DAY WEEKEND.I know I am. Going to have BBQ ribs some time this afternoon. Not going overboard this weekend as I like to get my first 10% weight down before the end of the year.

Lost .5 lb this morning,I guess I have to get used to the low carbing along with the calorie counting,But they're also next week.

Leo chemo pills will be arriving some time at the end of the week,there are some side effects but not major ones, hope and pray these won't bring any bad reaction like the last ones did.

RHONDA-Thanks for the new pages,Welcome home Rhonda.Congrats on not gained while you were away the .6 .I sure you lose when you start your spinning.

Vickie-Congrats on your exercising,I lacks to get some done this weekend.Will get back on the bike this afternoon.

RITA-Welcome to the chat. Sorry I wasn't around to welcome you last week. I liked the core but it didn't like me so I decided to count calories instead.

Have a great Monday

Last edited by beach bum; 09-07-2009 at 11:01 AM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 12:51 PM   #7  
Southside White Sox Fan

I stayed the same. Double and triple harumpf.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:56 PM   #8  

aggravating as all "git out" isn't it Vickie!?

Hang in there....

Rhonda
Old 09-07-2009, 09:26 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chicks. Another crazy eating day for me. I hope this week will be less stressful and more organized. I know I need to be drinking more water and less diet coke. I'll try to do that.

Rhonda-I'm glad you're home safe. A .6 gain is not bad! Good for you

Vickie-You know that when you stay the same eventhough you have been op that the next week you'll have a loss. Hang in there. You have lost 36 POUNDS

Hey to the rest of you chickies! I've got to get some more school work done
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 10:32 PM   #10  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, thank you for the new pages. I completely forgot today was Monday. it's seemed like Sunday all day long.

Congratulations on just gaining .6 lb. That is awesome. Guess what they're having at the State Fair this year? Fried butter! That doesn't even sound good, does it.

Sloan, I'm looking for my whip. Dust off and hop on the wagon, girlfriend.

Rita, sounds like you're getting into the swing of things. Baby steps.

Vickie, I know you're frustrated but will be all right. Now if I don't have a loss tomorrow will you tell me the same thing?

I'm op but have eaten about 2/3 of my WAP's this week. I'm not sure I can lose eating that much. Guess we'll find out.

Maryann, on your first 10%.

Got to go. I need to do some surfing. I'll be back tomorrow evening.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:43 AM   #11  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Not feeling well this morning. I having a terrible time breathing,and my legs are getting weak.Hope I'm not coming down with any cold of flu bug.Leo had to go out to the bank and than to the supermarket to pick me up some Metamucil and other things that are on the list. I don't like him going out in a crowd as his immune system is down and it will be so easy to catch something.

Did good over the Holiday,kept to my eating plan so I should lose some thing other than .5 next week.

VICKIE-We all know that being on any weight loss program will tend to have a week where the scale doesn't move,even when we do everything the right. It can be so frustrating you want to cry or throw something. You'll lose again,and look you came so far 36-lbs is gone,and that some accomplishment.Hang in there Vickie you'll see the frustration will turn in to a day of cerebration.when you hit the 40 lb mark.

SLOANE-I sure every new school year starts off being stressful,hope that will be in the past soon,and you'll be able to get back in the ordinary routine. Maybe the reason you drink more coke than water is that its taster. try putting some crystal lite into the water and Walla!! You got a new drink.I used crystal lite diet green tea with lemon,and its so delish and thirst quenching.

SANDRA-You eating enough the core plan has there WPA ready just in case you need than.I like the plan but it didn't like me,so that the reason I left. Would you believe its going to be 2 years that I left WW and I still trying to get down to my first 10%. I guess I will have to find what calorie count my bod's looking for.

Last edited by beach bum; 09-08-2009 at 09:52 AM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:10 AM   #12  
Southside White Sox Fan

I'm SO silly. I posted this on last week's thread. I'm moving it here. Now I have to go see what I missed in between!

Sandra, Sandra, Sandra....6 POUNDS IS AWESOME!! I am SO very proud of you. And you've been on program all week so you'll probably have another good loss. There's just no telling though. Look at me....I was good and stayed the same. We just have to put our heads down and keep on working at our programs. I'm on the scale all the time too. I don't change my behavior....I just need to know what it says.

Rhonda, I'm glad you had such a fun and productive trip. I'm especially proud of you too for not gaining more than .6. That's truly astounding and demonstrates that you really exercised self-control. Now for the packing!

Sloan, you are one of the Chicks now and we take care of our own. It doesn't matter if you've been here for a week or 5 years...like me.

Speaking of time...RITA....of course I remember you. Welcome Home Chickie! I'm still hanging in here too stupid to give up. Since you've been gone I lost 45 pounds and gained it all back plus and am now on the way back down and have lost 36 pounds to date. I'm on Jenny Craig right now because I couldn't learn portion control. As soon as I get a handle on it, I'll be back at WW and eating all Core foods. Sorry about your DH and you. Sad. I'm a stress eater too so I understand the whole frito thing. You can do it and in the process you'll help Christopher too. Just start hanging out here with us again. You know we'll try to help all we can.

Choices, let us know how your weigh in goes and definitely share anything you learn from your Dietitian. Sometimes I think I could be one myself but who'd go to a fat Dietitian?

My Doctor said any program was good if I'd follow it. Grrrr....I wanted to crack him. Actually, he said he was great with WW and ok with JC and Nutrisystem. He's not a fan of the processed foods but thought it would be good for a jumpstart.

Jim and I just emptied a bunch of junk out of the basement that has been there since the last cancelled garage sale. We still have more stuff to get rid of. I'm on a mission to declutter. Our house is big but we were running out of room. We have too much stuff we don't need or use. Like fat.

I'm gonna go snap some fresh green beans for dinner. Tonight I'm having chicken fajitas. They are yummy. I saute some mushrooms and add them in. http://www.jennycraig.com/food/cuisi...ner/detail/30/

Talk to you all later.

Good luck in the morning, Sandra. I'll be waiting to hear the news.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:14 AM   #13  
Southside White Sox Fan

Thanks for all the support Chicks. You're awesome! I'm feeling better about it today. I'm waiting for my turn at the treadmill. I'm really hungry this morning. Probably not a very good sigh. My black decaf that Jim made for me this morning tastes great though!

We cleaned stuff out of the basement last night and it feels good.

Mary Ann, I'm worried about you. I hope you're feeling better this morning. I have it on my to do list to call about getting a flu shot. We've been getting them since the 1990's. Can't have you getting sick around Leo either.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:06 AM   #14  
Southside White Sox Fan

Jim had his weigh in this morning and has lost 58.4 pounds! I gotta go get on my treadmill now!
Old 09-08-2009, 11:38 AM   #15  
Southside White Sox Fan

Grrrrr......I must have computed my weight loss wrong for my ticker a week ago. I'm down 35.8 instead of 36.2. Man....I'm losing ground.