Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 08-25-2009, 10:23 PM   #1  

Default Something that worked

I have tried all these fads just like everyone else, but I can tell you a few things I did that had me drop 30lbs fairly quickly. I got a body wrap (you know like at the spa, the ones that claim weightloss in an hour). I found a cheaper at home version and I lost a total of 4lbs. To keep it off or rather maintain.......I worked out in intervals, replaced all my drinks with water, and ate in small portions 5 to 6 times a day. Of course IU have yet to reach my goal, but this really works. every now and then i repeart the body wrap process and then go back to the work out thing.
SLbadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 05:27 AM   #2  
Goddess of my universe

S/C/G: 221/see ticker/128

Height: 5' 7"

Which one did you try? A friend of mine ordered some ebook for me that is about homemade bodywraps but I have not gotten a chance to read it yet.
Were the ingredients expensive?
borntobefine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:48 AM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

body wraps are designed to dehydrate you which is how you lose 'weight' but it is water weight. If you change your eating/exercise habits as well then it is possible to lose fat.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:05 AM   #4  

Be care of losing valuable minerals through your sweat.

We need water and minerals and when you rush them out of your body quickly without replacing them, you are sort of cheating yourself.

These treatments have benefits, but true permanent weightloss isn't one of them.
thisisnotatest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:10 AM   #5  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I can lose 2 pounds just working out. The problem though is that you WANT to stay hydrated. It's how a body functions properly. Staying hydrated not only helps with TRUE weightloss but it also helps every system of your body function to its capacity.

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer. I bought into the gimmicks for years.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 05:13 PM   #6  

I thought it would be water weigh at first, but after doing the wrap and I lost the 4lbs I did not immediately go run to the gym to work out to keep it off. I went back to my old habits (minus the sodas). Only gained 1lb in that time period ( two months no work out) and then I worked out when I saw the one pound gain.

When I do workout it is in intervals in order to burn twice as many calories in the time period I have. Your body needs hydration, but it needs a steady replenish of water and hydration. Either way the wrap got me from struggling to get down from 180lbs to 176lbs. Now all I need is the motivation to loose 40 more pounds. Any advice.

Last edited by SLbadger; 08-27-2009 at 05:22 PM.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:26 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by borntobefine View Post
Which one did you try? A friend of mine ordered some ebook for me that is about homemade bodywraps but I have not gotten a chance to read it yet.
Were the ingredients expensive?

The problem with the body wrap is that it is time consuming. The hour is one things, but the time it takes to wrap yourself is another. They recommend a full wrap to begin with and then wrap the problem areas. Part of me quitting was because I got to a size where I would need help in order to wrap because I alone could not tighten it enough( not suffication tight, but comfortable snug). On top of that I let my aunt borrow it and she left the top off which resulted in the mud drying out. Even though they say you can use water to rehydrate, it is not the same.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:35 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisnotatest View Post
Be care of losing valuable minerals through your sweat.

We need water and minerals and when you rush them out of your body quickly without replacing them, you are sort of cheating yourself.

These treatments have benefits, but true permanent weightloss isn't one of them.
Nothing is true permanent weightloss unless you have a high metabolism forever or you change the way you eat forever and make weightloss a lifestyle. I work out for an hours without water and it has been fine for me. As for the minerals in your skin, I have never heard of that being a factor in weightloss. If that is the case then people should not sweat when they workout because they will die or become terribly sick.

Sweating is part of having a hard and worthwhile workout.
Old 09-07-2009, 03:46 PM   #9  

Default Agree & Disagree

There are certain wraps out there that do just make you "sweat" out a lot of water and make you lose inches and weight. This weight and inches does usually come back on most people. However, it also provides a motivation for others to want to keep it off which will get them to a gym to workout and start eating better. Sometimes that is all it is...a little kickstart, if you will. I think that if that worked for you, that's great! keep up the good work and good luck!

There are other wraps that actually detoxify your fat cells and shrinks them. Since the only way to get rid of fat cells is to have liposuction and literally get them removed, shrinking them is the next best thing.

Just my two cents.
lovemygirls8799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 05:50 PM   #10  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Sorry, there is no scientific proof that you can shrink your fat cells. Only way to shrink your fat cells is to lose fat. Your body naturally detoxifies itself and it has been proven that toxins don't exit your skin. You can sweat, which releases salt and water but not toxins. Your internal systems do clean you out which really is urine and stool.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 07:21 PM   #11  

The wraps I am not talking about are not designed to make you sweat and lose toxins through your skin. In fact, you are not supposed to work out and sweat while wearing them...they also tell you to drink lots of water while wrapped.

They help to "squeeze" the toxins out of the cells and then, you are correct, your body eliminates them through your urine/waste. There are natural supplements that are available to help with detoxifying your body.
lovemygirls8799 is offline   Reply With Quote