Old 09-07-2009, 02:10 PM   #1  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Default What does this mean?

You have 34.8% body fat.

You have 91.2 Pounds of fat and 170.8 Pounds of lean (muscle, bone, body water).

what does this mean for my weight loss efforts? This seems to be the most accurate I"m guessing, as it took a bunch of different measurements to get this number, but I FEEL fatter than this.

lol.

does this means I have 91 lbs left to lose or can I lose more than that?
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 02:14 PM   #2  
Shrinkin' Salsa :P

S/C/G: 127/122/72 (kg)

Height: 5'9"

I'm no expert, but I don't think it means you should lose all of those 91lbs of fat - we do need some, after all.
salsa chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 03:26 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 168/168/130

Ok, I´m just guessing here...
I´ve heard a healthy fat % for women goes from 18- 21%, so if you have 91 lbs of fat i think u need to loose 60-65.
Keep in mind that when loosing a lot of weight you loose some muscle too, so considering you have 72 lbs left most will be fat, but there will be some muscle too...
Sapitaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 03:39 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 259/230/155

Height: 5'7"

I can't speak with any authority on the subject, but you should keep in mind that your body will hold less water (and therefore less water weight) as it shrinks, in addition to the loss of some muscle mass. So I think those figures are only good for right now at this weight. You'll have to run those numbers over and over again to as you lose weight in order to determine the amount of fat vs lean.
matafleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 07:55 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I don't know what type of measurement and calculation was used (tape measure, calipers, , impedance, etc.), but accuracy may not be the same across all weight ranges. As mentioned, some of your lean weight is fluid and other tissues that goes down with weight loss. Even your total blood volume is higher with obesity. Also, when people gain weight, it's not all fat. It's partly muscle. When you're not carrying 300 pounds or 250 pounds around every day, you won't sustain the same muscle mass either. If you maintained all that lean body weight but got down to 18% bodyfat, you'd weigh 207 pounds, and that would be *extraordinarily* muscular for a 5'6" woman.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote