Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 08-29-2009, 09:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 164/ticker/130

Height: 5'5

Cool Starting Bistro MD

Hi.
I just ordered Bistro MD. I did ediets a few years ago and had a hard time keeping on it. My fault, not the diets.
I'm breastfeeding so I have to find a way to up the calories. Anyway, just wanted to see if anyone else was in a similar boat.
Would love to hear anyone's experience with this diet.
Thanks.
beaner0620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 02:34 PM   #2  
Ann

S/C/G: 202/188/140

Height: 5' 4"

Default Joined today

Hi... Waiting on my meals to get here. Have you started yet? I am a mother of 5 teenagers... I am weary of thinking about food. If I have to choose it is usually not a good choice. Hoping this will take that part of the problem out of the equation.. I will just eat what they send, lol... Good luck!
DreamerNTn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 03:41 PM   #3  

Well no matter which diet program you go with,you have to stick to them in order for them to work, otherwise you'd just be wasting money. Just think to yourself... I'm paying for this, lol.

Last edited by FattyFatFat; 10-01-2009 at 04:15 PM.
FattyFatFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 06:47 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

I have been using Bistro MD since this summer. It works!!!

Because I'm tired of the food (I'm so easily bored) I am slowly weaning myself off this plan. I learned from eating their meals what I was doing wrong--can you say carb addict? LOL! I've learned portion control and I've learned I don't eat near enough protein! I've always loved my veggies so that was not a problem.

At first I decided to take over breakfast and snacks myself, so my order was changed to lunch and dinner only. I've been doing that for several weeks now. NO wt gain. Just imitated (to a small degree) what they were sending me and replaced somethings with reasonable substitutes. I continued to lose wt. Now I have switched to having my lunches and dinners delivered every other week. Again, using what I've learned from eating their meals I am coming up with satisfactory lunches and dinners on my own. When I'm busy, overwhelmed or out of ideas then I go to my freezer and eat a Bistro MD.

So, yes, this meal system works! Learn from it and transfer that knowledge (when and if) you're ready to stike out on your own. The portions are plentiful, the food (with a few exceptions) is delicious and you can easily eat like this on your own. For those of us who are competely overwhelmed about how to eat healthy this is an excellent way to go. They send (via email) excellent info packets that are very educational. You can also talk to a nutritional counselor (?) over the phone if your plan needs tweaking (ie for a breastfeeding mom they might suggest upping your calories with some additional snacks). They are very helpful.

I wish you all the best of luck and look forward to hearing some sucess stories!

Trust me when I tell you, if I can lose wt on this plan anyone can. Put that dinner on a pretty plate and you'll feel like you're eating out at a restaurant!
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:10 PM   #5  

Starting a week from Monday. Worries me that the food has to come all the way to California, but I'm eager to try it. This will be my fourth food delivery plan (Jenny - DTG - PFFS). I'm a hopper. But it's how I keep going. Slow, but going still.

Question: Was I supposed to ask for microwave trays as opposed to bags?

Last edited by buttah; 10-01-2009 at 10:11 PM.
buttah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 11:20 PM   #6  

Mine automatically come to me this way: lunch comes in a microwavable tray & dinner comes in the bags to be heated in simmering water. I've heard you can request all microwave trays or bags.

If you have any problems with food spoilage or any concerns at all just call them they will either credit you for lost food or add extra to your next delivery. I've never had a problem with the dry ice keeping things frozen but if you do they will double up on the ice next time (or so someone mentioned). This place has really good customer service.

I totally understand being a hopper. I might end up being one too!
Old 10-10-2009, 03:23 PM   #7  

Wow. Having now done Jenny Craig, PFFS and Diet to Go Low Carb, I can wholeheartedly say that the food on BistroMD puts them all to shame. It's a little bit more expensive, but... WOW.

I am so happy. Hopefully I won't tire of the same dishes too quickly (as I seem to do on every delivery plan). But it's just heads above the rest.
Old 10-10-2009, 06:06 PM   #8  

I"m so glad to hear you're happy with the plan!
Old 10-17-2009, 03:29 PM   #9  

A week later, finally off my plateau and still AMAZED at the gourmet quality of Bistro food. And for the first time since I started food delivery, I'm usually not even hungry when dinner time rolls around.

So grateful to have found "the one". Anyone else feel this way?
Old 10-17-2009, 04:39 PM   #10  

Height: 5'11"

Yes, Buttah, I feel the same way. I've been receiving Bistro meals for a month now. I've consistently lost 2 pounds a week. I probably would lose more if I did any exercise. I tried several diet meal plans. This one is by far the best.
Shreveportpam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 12:56 AM   #11  

Not crazy about the dinner packaging though - the little bags. I always burn myself trying to open them. Did I read that some people request microwave trays for the dinners, too?
Old 10-21-2009, 07:46 AM   #12  

Height: 5'11"

I don't heat as directed. I put a dinner package in the fridge when I leave for work in the morning. By evening it is thawed a bit. I remove the food from the bags, plate it, and microwave the plate. Sometimes I heat the meat first and add the vegetables to plate at the end since they don't take as long to mircrowave.
Shreveportpam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 12:33 PM   #13  

Yeah, I just called them. If I don't get the bagged meals, I'll be limiting my choices even further because they don't make the same meals in trays. I would then only get the tray meals.

The food is so good, I'm sticking with what I've got. I'll try your method for heating, though!