South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 06:16 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Labour Day Weekend Chat

Good morning and happy long weekend. There was a sprinkle of rain on the deck this morning which was a surprise. Did the weatherperson lie again? The forecast is for sunshine right through until the end of next week.

The dogs are delighted to be home from the kennel although they were a bit puzzled about the new deck and the stairs being moved. Disney figured it out and the little guy followed along so life is back to normal for the next three days. Next week painting starts which will be another crew of new people for them to protect me from!

Since the diningroom is going to be painted, I need to unload all the stuff from my second china cabinet and the four sets of dishes from the big buffet so the furniture can be moved. I have enough stuff to open a restaurant. Once I make some decisions, I'll call in the local antique dealer who will buy some of the old pieces. I could sell it on e-bay but it's too much hassle.

Today I am going to do a super fridge cleaning. There's no plaster dust in there, I hope! I need a quick trip to the store for yogurt and dog food and then it'll be an "at home" weekend with the food dryer in use the whole time, I hope. My sis and I may take the kids over to the park this afternoon but the rest of the weekend will be puttering around here.

What's happening on your long weekend? I hope it isn't all labour!
Old 09-05-2009, 06:50 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Ruth! I love the US holiday with the British/Canadian spelling. There's a fresh pot of coffee here, can I pour you a cup? I was all for sleeping in this morning but the cats would have none of it.

Sounds like things are really progressing. Can't wait to see pictures when it's done. Enjoy your at home weekend.

I didn't get as much done yesterday as I hoped. I've got a bit of the bug DP has, so moving a bit slow. I think today will be a fruit day - peaches, apples, maybe a last batch of blueberries. Time to start picking apples, always a fun break in the day. First I need to run the vac sealer. Still have multiple bottles of squash and greens waiting to be sealed. It will be nice to have the dehydrator running in the house again instead of in the hall. I love the smell of drying apples.

I need to drink some hot stuff to get me going. What's on tap for your weekend?
Old 09-05-2009, 06:59 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Happy Saturday! It's supposed to be a glorious week full of sunshine here, too.

I'm taking my car in for it's regular maintenance this morning, and making sure everything checks out before the long drive to Maine and back later in the week. We'll go next door to Cracker Barrel for a leisurely breakfast while we're waiting for it to be done, and then we have to get groceries.

We're having our big Labor Day BBQ tomorrow, so I'll be busy cooking and cleaning this afternoon while Jake is mowing the lawn and cleaning the pool. It's sad that swimming season is coming to an end, and we'll be closing up the pool next weekend already.

On Monday, I'll be heading over to my DD's in NJ so we can get the car all packed up with Caitlyn's stuff, and we plan take off for Maine in the wee hours of the morning.

Have a fun filled day, and be extra careful on the roads this holiday weekend!
Old 09-05-2009, 07:44 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning!

Ruth - Glad it's starting to come together! I need to do a super fridge cleaning too, but I'm in a bit of denial. Better get a sword and flame thrower for that job, I'm not sure what's back there!!!

Cyndi - OH! Hope you don't have much of that bug!! You better rest and take care of yourself...no sickie for the wedding!

Cottage - Enjoy your prep day and barbeque! I'm a bit jealous of the Cracker barrel thing!

Me - Work. So sad. It's a packed day (why have we been so crazy lately?), but that's good, hopefully it will go fast. We really don't have other plans for the weekend...just work on stuff with the house. Knowing my DH, we'll go somewhere sometime, he just can't stand being still very long. It is the first PennState home football weekend, so we avoid campus like the plague!

Have a great weekend ladies!
Old 09-05-2009, 08:17 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 242/see tracker/150

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all.

Survived classes with my son yesterday with help from another prof who was there to take him for a stroll when he started throwing handfuls of cheerios on the classroom floor. Other than that and some yelling during my lecture he was okay...until last night when he wouldn't stop crying from 12:15 to about 2 and we finally gave in and did the wrong thing - gave him a bottle. He went right to sleep then, but we know it's not good and will set up more problems. We were just dying to sleep ourselves!

Dh IS still asleep, lucky dog. Ds is a little sneezy and congested sounding today, but full of energy. Of course.

Starved last night when I finally got dinner. I picked up two unwiches for me, an unwich and a regular sandwich for dh, and gorged myself, WITH a glass of wine. Down a pound today, so okay!

Sorry you have to work TwynnB. Cyndi I hope you never actually get sick and just brush this off. Everyone else, enjoy your day. I'm angling to go to a local amusement park we've never been to.

Deana
Old 09-05-2009, 08:42 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Everyone

Hi, Ruth. Thanks for getting us started this morning. I'm happy to hear you have a reprieve from all the hustle and bustle. Those cabinets sure sound like a bit of work....and the fridge too. I'm like Twynn, in a bit of denial there, but something is going to have to happen. I've been getting all the overflow from our family dinners. Enjoy your long weekend.

Cyndi, I chuckled about your kitty wake up. At our house early morn is kitty bounce off the wall time. Its so fun to watch the kitty krazies. Take care of yourself today. I hope DP is feeling better. Picking apples sounds wonderful. Have a great day.

Cottage, have fun preparing for your bash AND vacation. Nice to have days off before you leave. I'm greatful I can swim year round, but you're so lucky to have a pool right at home.

Twynn, you're post reminded me how crazy the college towns are during football season. Traffic...wow! I had to go pick up Lexi's xrays from another clinic near Aspen last night. When I asked their hours, they are open 24/7. What a concept. I guess all the vets in our entire area refer all after hour emergencies to the clinic, then they return to their own vet during regular hours. I was very impressed-must be all my years in Alaska. Hope work is smooth and you are home to enjoy your weekend soon.

Daisy, hope you make it to your amusement park. It sounds like a day off is in order.

Me, heading out in an hour for our daily dog walk...then to the pool...and lunch at 11 on the patio of our Hotel Colorado. Its beautiful and has much history. Molly Brown had a suite there, and the two most frequent guests were Teddy Roosevelt and Al Capone. They both came to hunt for bear up on the flat tops. Our sad news is that although we won't have biopsy results until Wed, that the concurance between multiple vets is that Lexxiss has osteosarcoma. The good news is that the best vet in our state has agreed to see her as necessary when she drives by to teach on Tuesdays. We're going to discuss diet, chinese herbs and pain management this week. My vet said she will be our miracle worker. It seems we have a little time together..I hope.

I'll touch base later.
Old 09-05-2009, 09:20 AM   #7  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all! Rushing to get some yard stuff done before it starts raining.

Football season (LSU) starts tonight, so I have to go get my husband's customary hot dogs later on and will have an evening of hiding out in my room with the tv and netbook posting grades and grading tests. Sounds like heaven..I love football season..lots of girltime for me!

This week at school was much better than last, except my smartboard keeps going out. I think the projector is overheating and I think I found the problem..maybe a dirty filter so have to pick up some canned air this weekend. I have come to depend on that board and computer for all my lessons since I make powerpoint files for the kids to "see" while I teach, so it HAS to work or I may have to use ***gulp*** CHALK..ick, I hate chalk, it gives me the willies and I think all I have is a little chunk of green chalk somewhere.

Last edited by femmecreole; 09-05-2009 at 09:21 AM.
Old 09-05-2009, 10:01 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 242/see tracker/150

Debbie: I'm so sorry to hear about Lexxiss. I lost a kitty last year to lymphoma after we fought it for almost two years. She did go into remission for about 10 months and those were really good times - there's a lot that can be done now. Also, I LOVE Molly Brown. I toured her home in Denver and everything just felt so "right" - even her green bedroom!

Femmecreole: With you on not liking chalk. Ick. We have white boards with markers, but I can see that not being ideal for rooms with younger kids. I have a friend in an academic (non-teaching) position at LSU but she's being laid off (along with several others) next month. Hard times.
Old 09-05-2009, 10:51 AM   #9  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Daisy, my husband also works at a university (university's main frame computer) and so far, so good, but they have been down to a skeleton crew for several years (someone has to be there 24/7) and really can't cut any more...hopefully. Keeping our fingers crossed.

My kids all have individual white boards and after a little training (no, you can't draw pictures, you have to write answers!!) they get it. But I love my smartboard and can't live without it!
Old 09-05-2009, 11:27 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning all,

Woke up to rain and more rain!!! Not sure when it will let up, if it doesn't stop raining then DH and DS will go to Illini vs Mizzou Football game, if does stop then I guess I am on for going as DS is scheduled to lifeguard at outdoor pool today. Atleast the game is at the Dome in St. Louis so no rain there.

I am going to tackle DD's bedroom today, I took a cute picture of DD2 putting on "lipstick" before DS football game last night and then notice the background of the picture!!! Yikes talk about a messy bedroom stuff everywhere in the background. Time to get tough about toys some of them have to go.

Scale moved down a lb, not onderland yet but I will take it.

Ruth- enjoy your "downtime" but I think cleaning the fridge and emptying cupboards is work.

Cyndi- hope you just got a minor version of bug.

Cottage- Have fun on your trip, I need to go back to Maine to visit haven't been there in 15 years and that is where my two oldest were born.

Tywnn- Have a good day at work hopefully it will go quickly

Daisy- sounds like it went fairly well with DS in class yesterday.

Debbie- Have fun and enjoy your lunch.

Cat- Enjoy your girl time today.

Have a great day everyone
Old 09-05-2009, 02:46 PM   #11  

Almost made it to Sam's today to get a rotisserie chicken but got paged before I got there. Maybe I'll stop by after I workout with the trainer this afternoon.

I've been having major computer issues with my home laptop. It keeps going into sleep mode when I try to boot up and even shuts down unexpectedly. I spent almost 3 hours on the phone with HP tech support last night and I'm waiting for the next level of support to give me a call back. I did manage to get onto Facebook long enough to put a status before it crashed this last time. I guess it's good it happened now since I had 15 days left on the warranty so I have now paid for an extended warranty. Oops, it just crashed again. Good think it stayed up long enough that I got all the files backed up but this has been a huge waste of time.

Monday's a vacation day but that's the day I go from secondary on call to primary so I have to stay near the computer.
Old 09-05-2009, 03:03 PM   #12  

Good day everyone!

Not too much going on today. I need to plan my menu for next week and go to Costco before the weekend is over. I'm going to have to cook a lot ahead of time since my busy season has begun. Also, because the kids start school next week. This is do or die time for me. I already know it's a do as I have a lot of things to look forward to that I want to be able to do 50 pounds lighter.

I'm not sure where I'll go to celebrate the holiday. Staying home to rest up for next week sounds good to me. I have a few friends who are having parties, barbecues or hanging out at the beach. We'll see what happens.

May you all have a wonderful Labor Day weekend!
Old 09-05-2009, 03:56 PM   #13  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

I think I bought an SUV today! We won't actually pay for it till Tuesday when the banks open again. It's a 2002 GMC Yukon XL -- leather, 3rd row seats, very nice. The outside is perfect. The inside has a couple of little problems. But we are getting such a good deal on the truck, we can fix the problems. I am very excited!

Hope you all have a great Labor Day holiday.
Old 09-05-2009, 04:37 PM   #14  

Congratulations!
Old 09-05-2009, 05:50 PM   #15  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Well the family all hit the road after lunch. We really had a nice time. I'm hangin' at home doing a little picking up and a little tv watching (Lexi on the couch) Fit TV is doing all the cooking shows. Leftovers for dinner tonight...not much. That's an accomplishment for me.
Chelby, congrats on the Yukon. You will love it!
Pearlrose, congrats on your weight loss.
Daisy, funny the things we have in common. I grew up in Leadville, where Molly and Johnny Brown made their fortune.
Barb, I hope your computer problem gets resolved.
Sunshine, enjoy your weekend. I, too, have things to look forward to at a lower weight. We're gettin' there!
Cat, enjoy your girltime! Hmm...can't decide which is worse, chalk or screeching styrofoam....

Last edited by Lexxiss; 09-05-2009 at 05:51 PM.
Closed Thread