Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2002, 08:35 AM   #1  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Unhappy Thursday ... weigh in day for me!

UGH! I have no clue how I did this week. I was sick yesterday and left work early Tuesday afternoon.

Congrats on the new sister! Post pictures!!!

As to the pill - when I went on, nothing changed with me. I was hoping that my cramps wouldn't be as bad but they were so I switched to Depo Provera. Its a shot. I get it once every 10-12 weeks. I get no periods, and no cramping. I used to have to stay home 2-3 days at a time just becuase I got my period, it was that bad! Now I have no problems. Everyone says "oh isnt it weird not getting it?" And i'm like "weird???? ITS A MIRACLE!!!"

Jay and I are trying to plan our honeymoon. We are getting married in October of next year. We really want to go to England, but have decided if that is too much $$ then we will go to Aruba, the Bahamas, Jamaica, something all-inclusive down there.

Oh and I've never been on a plane either

AND the Bruins lost Tuesday night to the Maple Leafs who haven't been doing well at ALL this season. *sigh* They better play well tonight! Actually, I'll say that fro Saturday. Jay and I are going to the game Saturday with 10 of our friends. We got $42 tickets for $25 each! We usually go to two games a month.

So I did the same thing yesterday that I did Tuesday afternoon. I was sick...it was a cold and stuff, no sore throat which I WISH I had because then this would have been easier. I wasa home all day near FOOD and ended up eating way too much because all I did was lay on the couch all day and watch TV and movies. Although around 12 I decided I couldn't do that anymore, did all the laundry and even washed the sheets and comforter, then cleaned the bathroom and dusted the whole apartment. Then had dinner which I cooked and didn't really care about because I was sick and I wanted something easy to cook so I ended up going WAY over. Didn't even count but I bet I had 40 points with my 20-25 range. eeeek! And I have weigh in tonight!

Oh and I haven't gone to the gym since Saturday. Was supposed to go the other day but if I have to stay home from work, then I shouldn't be going to the gym. And I can't go tonight cause I have my WW meeting.

Well I think thats it for me girls. Was this long enough for you?
Old 11-21-2002, 08:55 AM   #2  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Hey Lori...as long as you're aware of what is going on, I don't think you have anything serious or completely unexpected to deal with at WI. I think that it's those weeks when we completely throw it all out the window and just don't care at all that we really slip up. Besides, it's progress, not perfection, right? Now come over to my house and do some linen-washing for me.

It's my long work day, so you probably won't see much more of me here today. Congrats Kim, or should I say Mrs. Kim...I can't wait to see pictures.

Everyone else, have a wonderful day!
Old 11-21-2002, 09:41 AM   #3  
GO CANES!

good morning girls! I was totally out of the loop yesterday. hope everyone is doing well? i have been having awful eye aches/head aches. so tried to stay off the computer yesterday...
pill....is that a topic from yesterday? I just switched to Yasmin. a new one. it's WONDERFUL. hardly any PMS, as where before i was a _______. and it's much shorter, about 3 days, as opposed to my SEVEN from before.
Old 11-21-2002, 10:17 AM   #4  
Canadian Chick

Mornin'

Lori, Two games a month! I'm jealous!

KT How did you enjoy your first NHL experience? How was the time with NF?

Jayne, have fun at work. I'm off to mine right away here.

Jihan & all you other sickies-hope you're feeling better today

I had a great day yesterday. I banked a lot of points which is good b/c going home is always a big challenge to eat healthy -darn family! I'm heading out around 3 today. Can't wait! Hopefully I'll get some pictures to share with you! I'll be back on Saturday sometime. On Sunday I have to recertify my CPR/First Aid. Hopefully I'll get a chance to check in here on the weekend. Anyway have a great couple of days while I'm outta here! Take care!
Old 11-21-2002, 10:21 AM   #5  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Hey girls! I too am on Yasmin and as I said yesterday I completed my 1st pack and so far noooo problems however I thought I might have had colds b/c of it. I was just paranoid though b/c it turns out that as soon as my DR. FINALLY gave me an antibiotic I am fine. I will have my first TOM in the next few days so I will see if it helps with some of the symptoms. I hope so. I too have one horrible day usually.

Well 4 Months from today I will be getting married!! I cannot believe it is almost here. As far as WWer's goes I am eating well and felt well enough to work out this morning for the first time in 6 days. It felt so good to sweat

modkttn-Don't worry you will get back on track when you feel better I am sure of it!

Deb-You are in my prayers during this rough time. It sounds like you are handling everything in a very mature way. That is something to be extremely proud of

Jayne- We will miss you today!

Well I will be back I am sure. Everyone have great OP days!
Becky
Old 11-21-2002, 10:47 AM   #6  
Eve's Mom

Default Thursday Mornin'!

Its almost the weekend, yay! Tomorrow night is b/f's xmas party and then Saturday is a baby shower and then we babysit the girls in the evening so my sister can see Harry Potter.

B/f and I had a great night last night- we stopped for Thai food on the way home and it was almost exactly like Thailand. Then we went home and we laughed all the way. He tried to get me to go to sleep at like 7pm but I couldn't sleep - he had a good nap though. And then we watched TV and played a video game (while I yelled at him, playing of course) until 9 and then went to bed. It was a nice night. B/f called it "quality time". I was so overtired I was out of sorts.

My antibiotics seem to be working b/c my ears are starting to pop, which is painful and annoying. but it always gets worse before better. I can't run on teh treadmill today as dizziness and treadmills don't work well together.....and I am clumsy as it is!!

Today I am so tired I have trouble focusing my eyes - does anyone else have that ever?? the screen is blurry! Its crazy.

Lori - I do that eating on the couch thing too when I am sick. Ohter people lose weight when they are sick, I gain. Don't worry too much about WI. I am sure if you were good all week it'll pay off. and if not, well, there is always next week!!

Jayne - have a good "long day" hope you don't burn out!!

On the pill stuff - I am on Loestrin. Its a good low dose pill. No big bloating, no spotting, no headaches, but I do have cramps still, though better than it was. I have about a 4-5 day monthly as well. My sister went on depo provera and she is a migrane sufferer - and she actually got a permanent blind spot on her eye due to the hormones in the shot. If you have migranes, don't take the shot, its too dangerous and you can't just "quit" you ahve to wait til the serum is out of your system. B/f's sister swears by it though. she has had no trouble whatsoever (besdies a bit of weight gain).

Rina - woo hoo on your totally rad OP day! My family is brutal too - my Grama in Winnipeg is the worst - she stuffs perogies down your throat. You actually feel ill there b/c she offers food and feels bad if you don't eat it. She is 94 years old so I just eat it. I figure if it makes her happy, what hte ****.

Becky - wow 4 months, that is so close. It will fly by I am sure. That is great. I am glad you are feeling better today!! I like the sweating too - I feel so much better about myself.

This question is for all of you - do you find that when you are OP and excersizing your sex drive increases? I wonder if its a confidence thing or if there is some chemical reason...
Old 11-21-2002, 11:08 AM   #7  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey all... here I am again. Feeling a bit better. Noticing that my belly is getting huge. I asked Emma what was in my belly and she said "baby". Too cute. Sometimes she will lift my shirt and kiss my belly too. She is such an angel.

Lori, I went on the pill in college because my periods were so bad too. In HS I would miss a day or so because of cramps. And it lasted over a week. Disgusting!!!!

Belle, now that we have kids, our quality time includes snuggling by the TV after Emma goes to bed. But that usually doesn't last long since I am PG... I am in bed by 9:00 most nights! So sad isn't it!

Does anyone else secretly watch Dawson's Creek... this season it sucked me in (Yes I am almost 31)... I don't know what it is about teeny bopper TV shows. I was addicted to 90210 also. I have only watched DC on and off until this season.

Oh man, I need to get a life!
Old 11-21-2002, 11:31 AM   #8  
Eve's Mom

Default Lame TV shows

I too am a victim. I was into 90210 and DC for awhile but now I don't get it so I am into Charmed (yes, lame, I know) and of course Friends still.

I still watch Simpsons too.....yikes.....

Oh, and Jen, I am in bed at 9pm and I am not PG so I guess I am lamer than you guys !!
Old 11-21-2002, 11:46 AM   #9  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Jen-I must admit that my sister and I have a secret Dawson addiction. Actually it is more my sister but I always make her keep me updated. She actually taped it last night but I am not sure whether or not I will get a chance to watch.

Belle-Video Games. I finally gave up fighting it and DF actually bought a Game that has old classic ATARI games like Pac Man and Ms. Pac man. I play occasionally. He actually doens't play often but I used to kind of make fun and now I join in. It is much more fun this way. Anyways about the sex thing we aren't having it. Not for another four more months anyways

Well just wanted to respond to the questions about the silly TV shows. I hope that the two of you feel better. We are all in good company. PS Belle DF got me to where I actually find the Simpsons amusing You know what though that is one of the positive things about the maturity difference b/w men and women. They help us lighten up Ok off to lunch with my sisters. Hopefully I will be good. We are going to Red Robin and I don't go there often enough to know what I should get. I will probably stick with a salad.

BBL
Old 11-21-2002, 01:07 PM   #10  
Proud Canadian

I'm an officially hockey fan now. I loved the game. I'm sure it helped that we won and that it was a great game with lots of action but just being their in a hockey jersey with a huge hockey fan - very cool - and having fun after was also enjoyable. I am very tired today
Ok, enough of that.
Becky - Hope you enjoyed Red robin - I can never resist their cheese sticks (mmm deep fried cheese) - how many thousands of points do you figure that one is?
Belle - I find my sex drive increases the healthier I am. If I eat a big fatty dinner or pizza or something like that, there is no sex drive for a good while so I can digest. score one for getting healthy.
Jen - I never started watching DC cause I figured I'd get sucked in but I really like Katie Holmes so if its on I watch it every now and then.
Rina - you're probably already gone but I hope you're having fun with the fam!!
PJ - I know what you mean - I used to have 7 days (2 extremely uncomfortable but since I went on this pill, it's 3 and little to no discomfort - I love the pill
Jayne - I hope you are having a good day at work
Lori - I hope you feel better soon - let us know how your WI went.

OK - time for a break - I'll check back this afternoon.
KT
Old 11-21-2002, 02:16 PM   #11  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Thumbs up yet another thursday post

ack! I did really bad at lunch again today. I think this happens when I eat lunch by myself...i end up overeating. yikes! better watch myself tonight.....

was it belle that asked? I don't really see an increase when exercising. my drive is pretty much the same all the time, tho it hasn't really been there much at all lately ! I think I am too stressed out

WI is later tonight so I will post tomorrow how I did. At this point I really just don't care. I just want next week to be good !
Old 11-21-2002, 02:54 PM   #12  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

Hi everyone! I feel beat - and it's only mid afternoon!

Crazy, hectic day for me. Car out to the service station/dealer after putting Jeremy on the bus - that was a 1/2 hour drive and 15 min wait - then drove home (1/2 hour drive) and got ready for work (ok so I was 2 hours late) drive to work (1/2 hour) and I have to leave at 3 PM to beat the Long Island **** traffic to get back out East to p/up the car. And then drive back in LI **** traffic to get home. My 1/2 hour trips will turn into 1 hour each way I am sure this afternoon.

I still need to get my exercise in today too! I did 40 min on the treadmill walking yesterday, and plan on doing the same today.

Well, we're much more chattier today!

Sex drive & OP - I definitely find that when I am OP and exercising I *have* a sex drive. Right now I don't have much of one and I think that it unfortunately (despite my personal relationship right now) it has to do a lot w/ the number on the scale. Sometimes I think it is a chemical thing too. Where's our scientist/biochemist on the thread to look into this???

Becky - thanks for your kind thoughts. It really means a lot to me that I have support from the people around me. I only hope that I can reciprocate it whenever some one else may need it.

KT - hockey IS addicting. Almost addicting as those TV shows!
I find myself into Nickelodeon a lot. And the Power Puff Girls. But recently I find myself watching "Everybody Loves Raymond" and "Friends" - the rerun sitcoms - everything I've missed out on for the past 3 years.

Belle - We've decided to get Jeremy PS2 (sometimes I think he's the only kid I know w/out a video system) for Christmas. I thought it was way cool that they had PacMan and other games I remember playing.

Well, I don't have time to respond to everyone! Oh boy!

Gotta get going to p/up the car.

Have a great day, girls!
Talk to you tomorrow!
Old 11-21-2002, 02:55 PM   #13  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

hey girls loong day I dozed at my desk again!
foodwise today not so good
with the weather i'm sore and the chocolates calling so is the choc covered shortbread ARG
what are the points for an almond choc kiss?
oh belle when I'm feeling good eating well moving my sex drive is higher
Becky have you guys been abstaining all along or is it the last few months to make the wedding night special Either way thats fantastic
I'm wondering if bf and i would be together if we werent sleeping together
JenL the emma baby in the tummy story too cute!
Rina Be Strong and what i do when im strong is if i face temptation I picture a chair ie what i'll be stuck in if i don't lose weight not even a wheeled one I just picture a chair90% of the time it works
I've gotten away from dawsons b/c when the network put it up against 90210 ages ago Dawson got the boot and i havent been able to get back into it
i love charmed angel occaisionally buffy gilmore girls smallville the simpsons
ahem 7th heaven basically if its on when i get home i'm going to have a homer moment in front of the tv
btw love lex luthor on smallville that man is so hot he should be illegal
Old 11-21-2002, 02:58 PM   #14  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

hey deb! you are doing great and dont worry about #s on scales till you get into a place of your own so you can feel at home again
I love nickolodean too!
oh and the other thing i love is bbc america
changing rooms groundforce Oh god!
Old 11-21-2002, 03:24 PM   #15  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Got a few minutes between classes here...I had the cutest thing happen to me today. I was in the middle of helping a little girl trace the letters in her name, and someone else called, "Mrs. Jayne, I need you." I told the unknown child that I would be right with them. So when I went over to the table where they were all sitting, I said, "Ok, now, who needs me?" They yelled back, "We all do!" and tackled me. It just made my day!

Kierie, step AWAY from the chocolate...just put the shortbread down and no one will get hurt! I would say that if bf is willing to sass his Mom on your behalf, chances are that he's in it for more than boum-chicka-baum baum, if ya know what I mean.

Deb, east coast traffic is without a doubt the WORST in the WORLD!!! I hated I-95 so much when I lived out there! I think that you are doing a wonderful job keeping this normal for Jeremy during this time of turmoil. You are such a good mom!

KT, yay on joining the rest of us in our mutual love of hockey! It is the only game where I can yell things that would make a sailor blush because it just all gets away from me. SOmetime I'll come on here after I have a beer or three in me and tell you the story of how I heckled a hockey player so much that he came off the ice and went after me and got thrown out the game.
Becky, about your pill question...I had to quit the pill because it gave me morning sickness. I would just whoopsie all morning and get really dehydrated, so now I'm a diaphragm kind of a girl. I do know, however, that if you're taking antibiotics, you need a back-up form of birth control because it interferes with the pill...I got a niece and a nephew from antibiotics. What a happy happy accident!

Belle, what kind of Thai food did you have last night? I have a hard time passing up the Phad Thai and I know that has about a million points per serving...what else can I order? Beside the fresh spring rolls of course, which are what I go for in the first place! You and BF seem to have such a fun and healthy relationship...you're a lucky girl. Are you still belly dancing? If so, are you still liking it?

Rina, have fun with your family...way to be a good planner with banking those points! I have nine in da bank so far and would like to have 20+ by the time we leave for Florida on Wednesday, since I won't have much control at someone else's house...Thanks for giving me the inspiration of knowing that someone else is doing it too!

Hey PJ...when my head and eyes hurt like that it is usually because I need to update my prescription on my glasses. Think that could be it? Hope you feel better soon!

I am what hubby calls a teenager movie addict. I loved Scream and She's All That...love the Simpsons too!!!
Closed Thread