Old 09-03-2009, 11:13 AM   #1  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Default SEPTEMBER NSV's

Welcome to one of the most popular threads here at the 100lb club!

For those of you unfamiliar with the term, NSV stands for Non Scale Victory. This is where we share our progress on matters that don't necessarily relate to the actual number on the scale. Such as making a healthier choice, resisting temptation, receiving a compliment (we're big on those), fitting into clothing better, something in the fitness area and so on and so on. So let's start filling it up!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 12:11 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 335.8/335.8/150

Height: 5'6''

Oh Oh I get to go first??

NSV for me was fitting into a blouse I had not been able to wear for over two years Still a tad snug but it FITS again!!

And another shirt of mine - one with a fake vest thing on it - I can now do the buttons up all the way to the bottom - for a couple years I could not do up the bottom buttons

A few more pounds and more of my old (nice) clothing will fit again
econ nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 12:12 PM   #3  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

I had a friend from college that I hadn't seen in 25 years contact me on Facebook that he would be in my town on business this week and would love to see me.

For the first time EVER, I did not think about what I would look like to someone who hadn't seen me since I gained 100lbs in 1990. Probably because I'm feeling so positive about the direction I am moving regarding my weight. Had a great reunion and I even worked in an evening stroll into our plans knowing I would have to skip my workout that night.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 12:13 PM   #4  
Shrinkin' Salsa :P

S/C/G: 127/122/72 (kg)

Height: 5'9"

In the middle of my lecture today we had a break and I went to the machine and got a chocolate bar.

Which I then ate half of. I might have the other half after dinner.
salsa chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 12:25 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

My friend brought my favorite chocolate cake to the house and I didn't eat a single bite. Not even a lick of the frosting. And the last slice is still sitting there and I KNOW I won't eat it.

I feel so much bouncier now! I can go out shopping after my workout without getting tired.

And hey, lets not forget those SIZE 20 jeans.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 12:49 PM   #6  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

I went for my walk/job last night and my friend, who is 43 pounds lighter than me, was OUT OF BREATH and totally couldn't keep up! I had to slow down for her! It was awesome
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 12:58 PM   #7  
Believe!

S/C/G: 231/201/131

Height: 5'2"

Talking Tight Hoodie Too Big!

My mother in law gave me a hoodie last winter and even though I wore it, it was too small and very tight. I finally put it in the back of the closet cuz was embarrassing to wear. The bottom of the hoodie only went to my waist. So anyway, this morning, as I was getting ready for my walk, I decided to try it on and thought "I'll try it on and then just hang it back up til I can wear it"... Well, guess what??? It was too big! The sleeves went past my hands and where it used to be too short, was below my butt and altogether too loose and way too big! Nevertheless, I wore it for my walk and felt really good that this will be the last time wearing it, cuz I will wash it and give it away. Whoo HOOOOOO!
Ryanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 01:20 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 265/132/150

Height: 5'5"

We went to the coast last weekend and I went up and down this long steep trail to the beach. Last time I was there was ten years ago and I had to keep stopping and thought I was going to die before I made it to the top. I went right up this time, no stopping and it didn't feel hard at all! Walking on the beach is so easy now, before it was miserable. I also had to buy some jeans since it was too cold for shorts. I bought three pairs of size 6. Unbelievable! I started at a very tight 22.
H8cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 01:43 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 264*184.0*145 Sz20*12*8

Height: 5'2"

I was able to get both of my wedding rings back on. As I gained weight my fingers puffed up and I was only able to wear the band and not the engagement ring.
As of today they are both on.....WooHoo!!!

Nice job everyone.
Jae165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 08:04 PM   #10  

As my busy season begins, I can no longer fit any of my "terp" attire! Everything looks as if I'm borrowing someone else's clothes. I so need to go on a shopping trip ASAP!

Last edited by SunshineCA; 09-03-2009 at 08:05 PM.
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 05:20 AM   #11  
Metric Member

S/C/G: 140/120.3/90kg

Height: 163cm (5' 4")

I found a couple of bra's in an op shop a few months ago that were the same style and cup size as the one I was wearing, but the next bandsize smaller. I decided to take the gamble and buy them, even though I had no idea whether they'd ever fit, bra sizing being a tricksy thing. This morning, after both of the bra's that currently fit were rained on overnight, I tried one of them one. It fit! Total saving: $92!
Couch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 07:39 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

(I posted this on the "positive uplifting" thread, but am so happy with this I wanted to post it here too.)

I had a dream in which I was dressed up and looking in a full-length mirror and I was slim! The cool thing was the dream had nothing to do with weight loss, but with me checking out the outfit I was wearing, so I guess it felt normal to be slim. It was so wonderful!

I have been trying to communicate to my subconscious mind that I am getting slim, and I think it is working.
CJZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 08:19 AM   #13  
That's me!

S/C/G: 270/251/150

Height: 5'

First lemme say this is a GREAT thread! Congratulations for all these great victories ladies!

I was actually really happy with myself for getting 1300 minutes of exercise in last month. My goal was 1600 for the month, but I didn't start until the 6th, and I had several days when I wasn't able to do my workout, so I was really pleased with myself for being able to stick with my goal for the entire first month.

And yesterday, I had another really cool nsv!

I went for a walk with my sister in law. She is a tiny little thing who probably weighs about 100 lbs soaking wet. Normally when I walk with my sis in law, she gets a bit frustrated because she has to slow down for me. But yesterday, she was really surprised that I was naturally walking at her pace without getting winded. AND after about 30 minutes, she started complaining that she wanted to head home! We walked for a total of 65 minutes, and I could have happily kept walking for another 15 or 20 minutes, but she was cashed! lol It was great! Hehehee
Phenomenal Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 01:54 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

People are starting to ask ME for advice about how to lose weight.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 07:39 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubergirl View Post
People are starting to ask ME for advice about how to lose weight.
This is FABULOUS! I've often thought that talking (and, for me, writing) about HOW we lose and maintain weight is helpful in formulating and hard-wiring patterns in our head. You are doing so well, congrats!
CJZee is offline   Reply With Quote