General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 09-02-2009, 06:34 PM   #1  
~Don't Postpone Joy~

S/C/G: 241.8/228/199.0

Default I Haven't Smoked In 90 Days...

I'm so excited to say... I haven't smoked in 90 days...
Sweetcaroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 06:45 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

YAY!!!
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 06:55 PM   #3  

Height: 5'9"

Good for you I'm quitting as soon as I finish my last carton, so within a month! I'm nervous.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 07:41 PM   #4  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Fantastic!!!

I had that nasty habit for 23 years and quit almost 4 years ago. Best thing I ever did in my life.
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 07:44 PM   #5  
Resident Pixie

Good for you Pita!! I quit...well, it is in my signature but I smoked 2 packs daily for 21 years and I am sooooo happy I no longer smoke
Old 09-02-2009, 07:52 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 291/159.8/150

Height: 5' 6"

Thumbs up

This is GREAT news!!! Congratulations!!!
fjcinzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 08:21 PM   #7  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

OUTSTANDING!

SWEET-C just this week-end I mentioned to Angie that I forgot all about my non-smoking anniversary on AUGUST 9th or 10th....doesn't really matter. I was talking to her in the hallway and we were looking at pictures on the wall.....she said I can't believe it has been 12 years since our first 5K together...I said HEY! that means 12 years no-smoking We can't remember if I quit the day before I did my first 5K (I am pretty sure I did) or that day...not a biggie....

my point.....

one day you will STOP counting the days....

and that will be a good thing!

SO DODGER BLUE PROUD OF YOU!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 08:26 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 165/155/140

June 12th was my one year anniversary!!!!! BTW, me quitting lead to my hubby, my two best friends and their hubbies to quit smoking. Now, my besties sister is entertaining the idea. I' loving the trickle down effect!!
Jokan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 08:30 PM   #9  
Resident Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokan View Post
June 12th was my one year anniversary!!!!! BTW, me quitting lead to my hubby, my two best friends and their hubbies to quit smoking. Now, my besties sister is entertaining the idea. I' loving the trickle down effect!!

I wish my quitting effected my bf. It didn't. He still smokes but he goes outside now, which makes it so I don't have to smell the stinky things but it's still no better for him
Old 09-02-2009, 08:38 PM   #10  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

How did everyone do it? I'm planning to quit but not till after my vacay in December.....been thinking about it for a few months. I did quit once before after my dad died...but picked it up again. I don't know how my BF will be...he's worse then me but says we can quit together.
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 08:39 PM   #11  
~Don't Postpone Joy~

Thanks everyone... I am proud of myself...
I smoked a pack a day for 35+ years.... I used the patch and I have to say it really wasn't that bad... I had 4 or 5 times when I felt weak, but reached out for help and got through it...
Don't be afraid guys... I'll admit I did gain a few pounds 3-4, but that could have been from anything... and worth it... so worth it... I'm in the middle of some medical stuff lately and I just LOVE answering NO, when they ask me if I smoke... lol...
I was spending about $60 a month on cigs... that extra money is coming in very handy...
In my opinion, if you decide to try patches, buy the original NicoDerm brand, the Walgreens or other generic were just not the same to me.. and they were only a few dollars more.

Jacque... can I suggest just doing it for you... not waiting for your BF or the perfect date... just pick a day and try... There will always be people around you who smoke, or overeat... if we wait for them to 'heal' themselves we may never reach our goals... See if he'll agree to no smoking in the house or car and go from there... GOOD LUCK... now go set a date... {grin} BTW... I'm the worst reformed smoker ever.... LOL

Last edited by Sweetcaroline; 09-02-2009 at 08:48 PM.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:52 PM   #12  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetcaroline View Post
Jacque... can I suggest just doing it for you... not waiting for your BF or the perfect date... just pick a day and try... There will always be people around you who smoke, or overeat... if we wait for them to 'heal' themselves we may never reach our goals... See if he'll agree to no smoking in the house or car and go from there... GOOD LUCK... now go set a date... {grin} BTW... I'm the worst reformed smoker ever.... LOL
I've been smoking for 34 years (except for during pregnancy and a few other months here and there). I know when I do it this time it will be for ME. My BF says he's on board to quit too, but we really only see each other every other week (when we don't have our kids), so I have no idea if he will stick it out when he's not around me. I know that if he doesn't, I will be tempted when we are together...but I will deal with that when the time comes. I lost 30 lbs for ME, and I plan on quitting smoking for ME as well.
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 08:59 PM   #13  
Resident Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacque9999 View Post
How did everyone do it? I'm planning to quit but not till after my vacay in December.....been thinking about it for a few months. I did quit once before after my dad died...but picked it up again. I don't know how my BF will be...he's worse then me but says we can quit together.
Here's a post I made on my quitting smoking if you want to check it out

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/2885060-post21.html

Hugs
Michelle
Old 09-02-2009, 09:26 PM   #14  
~Don't Postpone Joy~

Sorry if I sound preachy Jacque9999, I was just trying to help... my apologies...
Old 09-02-2009, 09:33 PM   #15  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

JACQUE ~ I smoked from the time I was 16 until I was 43....27 years of 2 packs plus a day.

I applied SMOKENDERS tips that I learned going through the program but failed to quit.

Bottom line...the only thing that saved me from probably being dead today at 55 was the nicorette gum and the desire to finally quit NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS IN MY LIFE TO STOP ME ONCE AGAIN FROM QUITTING!

I won't lie....I got addicted to the gum...was on it for a little over a year then switced to the patch for a week-end....then on to Eclipse gum for the next 12 years....

You al;ready know all the answers to your questions....but the only other thing I will say is....

if you quit now....that vacation will be so much more special.....

you see...I was always gonna quit on vacation....after vacation...during vacation....this week-end...next week-end...next month....year....birthday...etc.

When I finally made the choice I made it for that day....and went weakley but bravely into the fog.....

I am alive today!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote