Old 08-31-2009, 07:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 310/234.5/130

Height: 5'6"

Default a weak moment, getting through it though

I have to start with -- this is an awsome site, if I wasn't online right now, typing about how I could just eat all the snacks in the house, I would probably be eating all the snacks in the house. Today was a stressful day, heck, this past week was a stressful week. Week? Oh yes, it's monday, but I worked Friday, saturday, Sunday in the emergency department....I'm working alot, I mean alot....Yesterday I was thinking about my coworker almost being done with his Nurse Practioner Degree. Another co-worker is going back to school for her Nurse Practioner degree. I can't even seem to read a nursing magazine and remember what I read....I thought to myself, "I'm too old for school." Then I remembered a pharmacy tech saying, "you have the very busy woman syndrome" when I remarked that I couldn't even remember people's names...So, what is my point....I'm not sure.....I forgot.....but I just feel like eating all the snacks in the house. My boyfriend and my daughter went to pick the twins up from work so it's me and the house (and the 2 hounds and the 3 cats, they are all sleeping, not so supportive in my moment of need. So, why do I want to eat all the chocolate thngs and sweet things in this house? My weight loss is going good. I weighed in this past friday and dropped from 240.5 to 237....I'm not emotionally upset......I know I'm tired.....I think I just want to feel good.... and I associate feeling good... with eating food? is this it? Yes, I'm still trying to figure out the big mystery in my life.....why do I want to eat, eat, and eat? Before I started typing this, actually, before I started rambling here, I was looking at mini goals and pictures. I just want to say WAY TO GO GIRLS AND GUYS! The pictures and stories are so very inspirational..........Thank you for all who are here with us... hugs to all
ernurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 08:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 315/156/135

Height: 5'7"

Hang in there...my mantra at times like this is, "if hunger is not the problem then food is not the answer". Sometimes I think I say it 1000 times a day.
Mom2QJandT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 01:02 AM   #3  

ernurse- most of us here eat to fill a hole, to feel better. We think that "whatever" will just feel so good. And then it doesn't, and doesn't, and on and on. Then there is guilt or disappointment, or just a feeling that it can not ever get better. The section of the forums that you posted in is an OA (OverEaters Anonymous) section. Have you tried a meeting? It a 12 step program modeled on Alcoholics Anonymous. It sounds like you have a lot going on in your life. Perhaps the support of an OA meeting would be a positive thing. Let us know how it goes.
tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 06:29 PM   #4  

Thank you for the encouraging words...I actually have looked online about OA and the support online and the statements made by members about the relationship to food and how food makes them feel describes me so exactly. I don't think I'm ready to attend a meeting,,,I like the support here.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:41 PM   #5  
Believe!

S/C/G: 231/201/131

Height: 5'2"

Angry About OA

I went to OA for quite a few months, and I know it's not the same everywhere, so here goes, and you can decide for yourself if you want to go or not... Ummm my group in the morning was bulemics, wanting more ways to lose weight, they were all under 150 lbs. Nobody big there at all... The night group there were a lot of overweight people, but were seeking ways to eat what they wanted and still lose weight, ie, bulemia... Not all, but most. Then there is this thing they try to push on you called "HOW diet"...and it is a very strict and controlled diet and they want you to have a sponsor, not to mention trying to sell you all their books, which are actually AA books mainly. Sorry to be a bummer, and if other people had a better experience than I did, good for you. I just will never go again, and by the way, they encourage you to go to AA meetings and Al Anon. I don't drink...and when you go to AA meetings and they ask "are you one of us, or from OA?" When you say OA they walk away. Just my bad experience...
Ryanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 06:37 PM   #6  

I'm sorry you didn't have a good experience with OA. But I guess you sort of proved my theory,...this site is really great for support.