Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 06-22-2009, 08:38 PM   #1  
Beach Girl

S/C/G: 212/203/154

Height: 5'6''

Default PGX Daily

Has anyone tried using this? It is supposed to lower the glycemic index of the foods you eat, help suppress your appetite and level out your blood sugar levels. I started taking it about 5 days ago. I have not experienced any results as I think it may be too early.....I just yesterday worked up to the 6 pills with every meal and am thinking maybe I jumped up too fast.
I've been having some serious stomach issues since going to the six so I think I might back down to four or five. Either I'm really constipated or extremely opposite , a lot of excess gas while I sleep too (so my bf tells me lol).....

Just wondering if anyone else is using these and your thoughts on them?
Thicky Thick Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:01 AM   #2  

I think if you look at the ingredients, this product is just a really expensive Metamucil. Drink lots of water!! Hope it works for you.
bilyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 08:05 AM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Yeah its an expensive fiber supplement. Sometimes adding more fiber to your diet can make you gassy for a while until you get used to it.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 01:21 AM   #4  

Talking Yes It Works - PGX

I was 282 in Oct and now am 228 (as of Mid July). That is 54 Lbs and it took very little "dieting". Mainly listened to the stomach telling me that it was full. Now I can exercise, so it is easier to get it off and keep it off. Add it to a major diet and the lbs should fall off! Good luck all.

Muffin Topper
Muffin Topper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 03:48 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 207/201/140

Height: 5'9

I have bought a few bottles of these. I really like the company that produces them, so i thought I'd give em' a try.
I thought they worked! As long as you take them properly (give enough time before meals, enough pills). Too bad i wasn't better at taking pills and remembering to use them, or I probably would have seen some lasting results, as these really filled me up....

All I can remember to do is drink water, and thats huge for me!
maggiesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 04:51 PM   #6  

I work in a drug store and talked to our pharmasist about them and it is the only thing he said that he would recommened. I started to use it and I did get full faster and stayed full longer and that was with only the 1 pill. He did say to work up slowly or you will feel the effect of the fiber. I went off them after a week only because I wanted to be checked for diabietes first. I will be starting them again on Monday.
Bigmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:05 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 229/229/150

Height: 5'8"

Thanks for posting this ... I keep picking them up in the drug store and then putting them down!! A friend of mine tried it and found that they did help. She said that she had to be really diligent about drinking the water with them.

She said that it helped to get her water in for the day ... she isn't a big water drinker. By drinking a glass before she took a capsule, she got all the water she should be drinking in for the day.

The only thing she said was ... like maggiesgirl ... she wasn't always good at remembering to take them.
time2Bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 08:48 PM   #8  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

glucommanan aka Konjac is a fiber supplement that can help you feel fuller. If you are interested in trying it, I'd skip out on overpriced PGX daily and look for the generic version which will be much cheaper with the same exact ingredients.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 04:41 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 230.8/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8

Are any of you still using PGX? I'm going to get back into the routine of the PGX. I also picked up Slimstyles with PGX so I'm going to do the drink for breakfast and lunch, and then a sensible dinner until I get into the swing of things, then drop the lunch drink and eat solids instead. When I was taking PGX before it was awesome. I wasn't having the huge sugar fluctuations like I had before and I did lose weight. Things went crazy here and my binge eating returned. So back to square one, but tha'ts ok!
babygrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 10:47 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 236/235.6/190

Height: 5'11"

I'm taking it Babygrant. I've been taking them, though not following the instructions, for a while now and while I didn't lose any weight I didn't gain any either. I had always found that I was eating well during the week, then Friday would come and all sense flew out the window till Monday morning. So essentially I was losing the same 3 lbs over and over again. lol Yesterday I did some research and have decided to increase my intake from 2 to 3 pills before every meal (was missing meals as well) and then to 4 or 5 depending on how I feel. One thing that I have noticed is that on the days I remember to take it I don't get hungry between meals, especially the time between dinner and breakfast. So we'll see. Want to be PGX buddies?
mdancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 10:48 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 236/235.6/190

Height: 5'11"

Oh I didn't mean that I was eating when I said missing meals but more that I was missing taking the PGX at times before meals.
mdancey is offline   Reply With Quote