General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 09-01-2009, 10:39 AM   #1  
Believe!

S/C/G: 231/201/131

Height: 5'2"

Exclamation 7 more paychecks til Christmas!

That was the announcement made at my husband's job yesterday. Really puts into perspective that it is right around the corner and time to start saving for Christmas gifts and meal and New Year's is right along with it, with Thanksgiving even sooner. Wow...kinda wierd. I'm going to try to make some of my gifts this year, baskets of gifts and homemade soaps and candles...so I guess that is something I can start working on to keep my hands and mind busy.
Ryanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 12:50 PM   #2  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

I plan on making me some low carb stuffing made out of almond flour instead of corn meal this christmas. That will be the highlight of my meal. Along with some meatless gravy. We must be strong!
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 12:51 PM   #3  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

and your goodie basket making sounds like super fun!
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 01:06 PM   #4  
Marina

S/C/G: 317/286/190

Height: 5'9

Yes, I have decided to make some of my gifts this year. I was going to make candles and soaps as well (used to have a candle and soapmaking business a few years back) but with the price of shipping makes it a little too steep for me.

I think people appreciate something homemade...I know I do. One friend makes THE BEST Prickly Pear Jelly that my girls look forward to eating w/ their gramma's Banana Nut Bread! I know the combination! lol
ThickAZChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 01:26 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Wow... good reminder! (Scary reminder!)

I definitely want to make some gifts this year, too. I'll have to start looking things up and planning now. I did find a cute "recipe" for Cider Beetles that I want to make (although not for the side of the family that are apple farmers. And not for people trying to lose weight, I suppose. )
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 01:49 PM   #6  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

We only get paid once a month so that makes only 3 more paychecks until Christmas!

I agree on appreciating the home made stuff. I have enjoyed some really incredible breads and cakes from friends and co-workers - mini loafs so you don't eat too much. I always appreciate the care that went into handmade gifts.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 01:54 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 273/ticker/140

Height: 5'4

i plan to do most homemade gifts too..i only want to buy a few select people gifts-nieces, little sis (shes 6), hubby, and my parents (and mother in law i guess)..the rest i want to bake a few things, and come up with some creative stuff.
bitetoobreakkskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 03:11 PM   #8  
Believe!

S/C/G: 231/201/131

Default Maybe we should have a "creative idea" link for Christmas:

Maybe share some recipes or ideas, that would be fun. I could always use a little more imagination, and so with all of you guys having ideas and stuff... maybe we could do that. Several heads are better than one. I have a really good recipe for heart healthy zucchini bread, and I would like to make my candles' aroma more rich and last throughout the burning of the candle...so if you all want we could start a "Christmas" thread?

Last edited by Ryanne; 09-01-2009 at 03:11 PM.
Ryanne is offline   Reply With Quote