Old 08-31-2009, 04:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 311/ticker/150

Height: 5-5

Default Baked Cod Recipes Please!

Getting tired of tuna and chicken. Anyone got a baked/broiled cod recipe to share?
kccross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 05:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

I'm not really one for following recipes, but I love to cook. I just kind of experiment in the kitchen. For fish of any type a lemon herb blend or dill would go well. And bake in the oven as you normally would, or you could cook on the stove top with a little cooking spray, side with a nice salad or some brown rice and veggies and you should be good to go.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 08:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 311/ticker/150

Height: 5-5

Oh cool, thanks. I see alot of recipes online say to broil it. I suppose thats the way to go?
kccross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:20 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

I had cod tonight and I just baked it with sea salt and some blackening seasoning. It was nothing to write home about but it was ok. I eat fish a couple times a week and could use a few new recipies as well..

Ronnie
RonnieAdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 08:47 AM   #5  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I had salmon first the first time last night and it was good! We put it on the grill with some lemon juice and Table Blend Mrs. Dash.

Does anyone have any idea what to do with it if you bake it?
noahsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 10:04 AM   #6  
jeanette

S/C/G: 170/139/140

Height: 5'8"

Default Salmon

Noahsmom,
You can bake it same as on the grill skin side down on a pan - I oil the fillet and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or so depending on how thick it is - it is cooked when the flesh in thickest part has turned from translucent to opaque (use a fork and gently separate the sections to peek). Here's a good article on salmon: http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/low...onbenefits.htm

I used to marinate salmon fillets in teriyaki sauce until I started MRC. I used Kikkoman Quick and Easy Gourmet Teriyaki marinade (doesn't have HFCS but it does have sugar and soy sauce) and spread a tablespoon or so on each side half an hour before putting on the grill. I preheat the grill very hot, spray the brushed off grill bars with BBQ PAM and place salmon skin side up for the first 10 minutes. I usually turn the burners to low for this but I forgot last month and the top got nicely browned before I turned it over. Slide a flat spatula under the fillet to make sure it is not sticking and then flip it over so skin side is down and bake another 10 minutes, on low this time. My husband does not like anything underdone (and for sure does not like sushi!) so cook the salmon to how you prefer. 20 minutes might make it too dried out for your taste.

I am going to buy some Braggs Liquid Aminos which was recommended by someone on 3FCs (http://www.bragg.com/products/la.html). I might try it as a marinade. It is made from soybeans, has some natural sodium, and is advertised as a substitute for soy sauce. I'll have to compare how much sodium it has. It is available in local stores I think.

Enjoy - salmon is a good source of Omega 3, vitamin D and lots of other goodies. jeanette
reuselady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 10:26 AM   #7  
jeanette

S/C/G: 170/139/140

Height: 5'8"

Default Cod fish Recipes

Check out Recipezarr for some good Codfish recipes. You'll have to alter some of the ingredients to be MRC compliant but that doesn't appear to be too difficult with many of these recipes. If you find a good one, post it in the recipe thread after you have tried it. http://www.recipezaar.com/browse/top/417

jeanette
reuselady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 10:34 AM   #8  

Thanks for this thread. I have a bag of cod fillets in the freezer.
maui melon is offline   Reply With Quote