Old 08-30-2009, 11:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Default Ugh. Bad Day.

Today it just seemed like nothing could go right.

First, I'm up three pounds on the scale even though I've been 100% on plan. I'm trying not to let it freak me out.

Second, to make myself feel better, I had the bright idea to do measurements, which I haven't done recently. They were terrible!! And didn't seem any smaller than before, even though I've lost 30 pounds.

I just found out a few days ago that I was a runner up for a big award and am invited to the awards ceremony in October. I was looking at getting myself a really nice outfit, but with my measurements, I don't think anything nice will fit.

I know I totally over-react, and it's definitely happening now!!! I was feeling terrific when I reached my mini-goal, but now, I feel like that was just a mistake and the scale will just keep going up. It's illogical, I know.

Does anyone else ever feel like this?
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:14 PM   #2  

Yep, I am a very impatient person.I understand!
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:24 PM   #3  
Believe!

S/C/G: 231/201/131

Height: 5'2"

Default Ditto!

I'm sorry can't say much more than yup, feel that way too!
Ryanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 12:13 AM   #4  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

the scale can flucuate for some of us, with hormones, time of cycle, the wind....its a variable. measurements, have to be exact, if you measure off lower or higher than the exact same place you originally measured, it can be off. do you notice changes? in your body, in parts of your body, in how your old clothes fit? i always keep one of my old outfits, from the largest a size 28 to most recent, size 18 juniors and try them on, thats a definate pick me up. when you put on that outfit you KNOW was you at your fattest, and it bags, sags or falls off? SCORE!! that outfit you just undergrew out of? remember how it fit when you finally had to trade it in? try it back on. Clothes are a good indicator of progress. Scale, good for big numbers and YAY moments, not always as good for day to day tracking. keep your chin up, you're 30 lbs down you dont ever have to look at again.
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 01:29 AM   #5  
live ur life

S/C/G: 236/230/150

Height: 5'8

this happened to me last time i lost weight down to 199 and i ended up quitting because i was frustrated with how none of the good clothes i wanted to buy were fitting me so i just accepted there was no use and i gained the weight back. but now i have realized my mistakes from the past and am focused on staying on plan. just keep going and focus on your goal setting. congrats on your 30 lbs down but realize that this is a major life style change --think about it -- 1 year from now where you will be? definitely you want a new slimmer YOu. so don't worry about the little things during the journey - focus on the goal ahead
caliyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 04:39 AM   #6  
beautiful on the inside:P

S/C/G: 119 (262) /107 (235) /60 (132)

Height: 5'6''

Funnily enough, I have had the exact same reactions at 30 pounds lost. It's weird, it's almost like I feel fatter though I've lost a schwack of weight. Then I get all bummed out, think it just isn't worth it and gain it back . I often wonder why that happens. Maybe impatience as harrismm said? Anyhow, hang in there. 30 pounds is great And 31, 32 ,33.......pounds lost will be even greater, no matter how you feel at the moment. This is definitely what I'm telling myself at the moment

Last edited by kasmin; 08-31-2009 at 04:40 AM.
kasmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 08:24 AM   #7  

Thanks everybody... You're so right that I need to focus on the positive...

I often don't let the scale weird me out too much (I was back down 2 this morning) but the measurement thing was really discouraging!!!!

I carry all my weight around my middle, which means my waist is 14" away from a size 18.

FOURTEEN INCHES????

THAT discouraged me!

But then I try to realize that I've never lost more than 10 pounds or so by dieting. So 30 pounds feels like a big difference!
Old 08-31-2009, 10:19 AM   #8  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

YES!!!!

I have days like this all the time.... then I remember... "Hey, dumb***!!! You've lost 46 FREAKIN POUNDS!!! CHEER UP!!!"

hehe Yes, tough love with myself...

But yeah, totally.... some days are just like that... but you HAVE to remember the amazing things you've already accomplished and that they are just that.... AMAZING!!!
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 03:46 PM   #9  

Well, another day, and a new and better perspective.

I decided to do my walk outside today and did 45 minutes up and down hills without barely breaking a sweat. I've noticed that my workout doesn't fatigue me any more. I used to feel tired afterwards, now I feel more energized.

Then, I went shopping and was emboldened to try on a pair of size 20s.

They're tight, but then I remembered that when I started this whole thing my 24s were too tight to wear.

Plus, the 20s looked pretty good with a loose shirt over them-- since I carry all my weight around my middle, the butt and thighs of the 22s tend to sag.

All in all, it is indisputable. I'm making progress in spite of myself!
Old 08-31-2009, 04:09 PM   #10  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

You ARE making progress and I am so glad to see that you are recognizing that You're doing very well and you will continue to do so!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote