Old 08-31-2009, 01:13 PM   #1  
Southside White Sox Fan

Default Weekly Chat - Monday, August 31, 2009 through Sunday, September 7, 2009

Hey Chicks! I'm flying through and thought I'd start our new weekly chat thread.

I'm WAY far behind but should be able to catch up soon. I'm on my way out to run errands after weighing in this morning at JC. I had some splurges, but drank all my water and exercised 4 days. I was down 1.6! I got myself a new Chick and a few inches closer to my next goal.

I hope you are all well.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 01:34 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7.5"

Smile Jumping into Core

Big Hello to you all. I'm a WW momentum lady of 3months. It's been extrememly slow going,so much so that I put my resignation in w/WW. However I'm not giving up/giving in,I'm turing the boat around and going to give all my effort to the Core plan,(or whatever the chosen name is now) I didn't have a clue about core when I joined,and didn't know I had a option. On my booklet I can hardly see the 'filling' foods' that I've been told are core,with a new nameBoy oh Boy ...I will need some help,and Sloanie has graciously invited me here.(thank you ) Nice to meet you all. ~Choices
choices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 02:16 PM   #3  
focused and aiming

Vickie, thank you for starting this week's thread. I had told Rhonda I'd do it, but I got here late. So thank you again for doing it.

Rhonda looks fabulous. I know I said that the other day but it's worth repeating. She's really doing well and is making healthy decisions. I'm really happy for her.

Vickie, on losing 1.6. You have really mastered JC and it's working beautifully for you. Life is good.

Choices. It's great having you join us. We're all in this journey together and welcome other passengers (drivers?)

I'm not new here by any means but have just restarted being serious about losing and about making healthy choices my lifestyle. I go to WW in the AM and will report what the scales are saying.

Have a Magnificent Monday, Chickies. I'll be back later.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 10:41 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chickies! Not much going on here. DS started to school today. He had a good first day and said he likes the atmosphere much better than the school he last attended. He has been getting better every day since his break up with his GF of two years. I'm glad to see him coming out from under his black cloud. My eating has been crazy for the last couple of days. I'll try to stay op tomorrow. I have some yummy watermelon to snack on.

Sandra-Good luck in the morning. I know you have been happy about your choices, so I'm sure you will have good news to report.

Vickie-Sorry you've been so busy, but it's awesome to hear about your loss! WTG

Choices- It's good to see your post! We're here for ya. Just let us know how we can help.

It's already past my bedtime, so I'll say nighty night y'all!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:40 PM   #5  
focused and aiming

Sloan, I'm glad ds is doing well. And watermelon? Sounds good.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:28 AM   #6  
focused and aiming

First time in a long long time that I'm getting the prize for last/first. I'm up and ready to go to wi at WW then to meet a gf for lunch and girltalk.

I only used 3 WAP's this week. Now isn't that amazing?

Have a Terrific Tuesday, everyone.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:21 AM   #7  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Sorry for being MIA,but I was feeling under the weather the whole weekend long. Still not feeling well,so I'm going to take it easy on my high calorie & low calorie day plan.

Going to try some thing new with my calorie counting I'm going on a semi low carb counting. Not going on any low carb plan, but I'm going to eat low carb breads,instead of the high ones etc.and I found some l/c milk that I will use.Than add more veggies to my meals along with protein and 1/4-1/2 c of WW pasta or brown rice. I have a 3 section glass plate that I found in the back cabinet that I going to use for my dinner & supper meals.

Got on the scale this morning and its up 2-lbs,so I'm back to the 170's again.

VICKIE-Thanks for starting us up on this new month and big congrats on your 1.6 and 35 lb total weight loss.you are really doing great on the JC plan. Happy to know that you found a plan that works for you. Hopefully some ow carbing will help me get the scale moving in the right direction again.

CHOICES-Welcome to the chat. I used to be on the flex for 13 weeks and I gained , and my leader was stunned, and told em to try the core.I started to lose,and thinking that was the plan for me, again I started to gain,left WW & started to count calories instead of points, it was working until now,so I decided to keep my grain carbs down to a minimum,and see what happens.

SANDRA-Its a lifetime commitment to this weight loss,Glad that the WW plans are working for you.

Yes you are amazing, not lonely in your archery but on the core plan also.
Big congrats on your first & last prize you really must be a excellent professional with your Archery.

SLOAN-Oh my DD's children are starting this Thursday,and they are all gong hoo and excited to go back. Don't think My DD feels the same way,she going to miss them,after having them home the whole summer.

You'll get back,some how we are having a beautiful day and week ahead, so I think that has lot to do with good & bad eating habits. When it too hot or too cold I tend go for high cal comfort foods but in the Spring & Autumn months in the fresh crisp air I tend to stay OP no matter what.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 11:16 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 10"

Hi everyone. Its a beautiful day today. Already did grocery shopping and now I'm off to Kohls to use some kohl's cash and coupons. Then to get dog food, then taking dd to Wendy's for lunch. Its her last day of vacation -- school tomorrow.

I'm doing well OP, I'm happy with that.

Welcome Choices. I hope Core/Simply filling works for you. I've been working with this WOE for about 5 years. It works well if you cook and plan. If you rely on pre-packaged food you'll eat through your WPA very fast. There are lots of recipes here as well. Good luck!!

Maryann, how is Leo feeling?
Vickie, congrats on your new chick!!

Hi Sandra and Rhonda, hope you are both having a nice visit.

Well, got to run. BBL.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 05:04 PM   #9  
focused and aiming

Paula, we just had the one visit Saturday. Rhonda is running in circles down here trying to get everything done and everyone seen. I have to tell you I felt pretty important for them to come all the way over Saturday evening. They looked exhausted. Fantastic! But exhausted.

Paula, what grade is dd in this year?

Maryann, I hope you're feeling better.

I met a gf for lunch today after WW. We had a great time and I stayed op. Doesn't get much better than that.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:42 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chicks! Do any of you have hay fever as bad as I do? I'm miserable! I was so glad to get home after school today. I'm ready to hit the couch.

Sandra-sounds like your day was fun!

Maryann-You inspire me. You just keep trying no matter what! I'm so proud of you!

Paula-I'll bet DD is excited! I remember last year when she first started. It's not as sad this year, is it?

Hey Choices! How's it goin'

I'm gonna rest now. Have a good night, y'all.
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 07:41 PM   #11  
Southside White Sox Fan

I have bad hayfever, Sloan. That's partially why I haven't been talking much. I'm busy but I'm grumpy and tired when I'm not busy.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:26 PM   #12  
focused and aiming

Sloan and Vickie, I normally get hay fever but for some reason I'm not suffering now even though there's a lot of bailing (sp?) going on all around here now. I need to get off here now and knock on some wood.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:39 AM   #13  

Height: 5' 10"

Well, its dd's first day. She is a big 1st grader! Can you believe it. She is very excited. I need to get her dressed and out for the bus by 8:15. I'm not as nervous as last year since she is on the same bus going to the same school. She was full day last year as well. I'll be taking pictures, I'll post some later this week!

Have a good day!
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 10:17 AM   #14  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Can't believe how beautiful the weather & temps are this morning. I could have the the 60's & 70's all year round.

I didn't do too good at my first attempt of low carbing yesterday,so I must keep in mind that high carb foods are not the way to go if I want to lose weight. Have to find a low carb cookbook, to make my meals if I want to stay on this plan.

PAULA-Went to Walmart yesterday and they changed the whole store around. There's more food than ever, the only thing they don't have is the meat dept.I wondering if they got permission to make a Sam's Club in that store. That will really make the surrounding grocery stores bring down the prices on foods.

Leo has his good days & bad days,we going back to the doctor this Friday to discuss when the treatments will start.

SANDRA-Feeling good today,I think its the sinuses that triggered a headache.Its a possibility the change of seasons, now that's it getting cooler.

SLOAN-OH NO Hay Fever, that horrible,hope the season doesn't last long.Thanks for your kind words,I have been watching my weight every since 1990, & I'm never going to give up,I want this weight to go down. My sister was just diagnosed with diabetes,and she like me went up from a 170 over 200 and I'm heading in the same direction start 145 to 170.My doctor is confused that at my age that I'm not losing weight,he checked my thyroid and that's ok. Its just PUZZLING???? why I can't.

VICKIE-Sorry about your hay fever also,I know what your going though as my mom had a bad case of he seasons allergies.

Have to go, have a nice day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 12:51 PM   #15  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I'm off to the treadmill. I didn't exercise yesterday and I was supposed to. I let my allergies be my excuse. Not good. I'm not excusing myself today. I'm going to try to walk Wed, Fri, Sat, Sun. We'll see. I can't walk tomorrow.

I hope you are all well and drinking your water.