Old 08-31-2009, 02:02 PM   #1  
Starting over

S/C/G: 257.8/242.4/135

Height: 5' 5"

Default Re-Committing

Hi everyone!

Wow. Has it been a bad month! Nothing terrible, really. I just got sort of fuzzy in my focus. I'd see a bowl of taco chips and grab one or two on my way by. I'd feel like having chocolate--and give in just a little too often. I even had a bowl of cereal a couple of nights before bed. (Part of how I got here in the first place!)

I don't binge-eat--no, I graze uncontrollably--one small bite after another.

I am pleased I haven't actually gained anything: in fact I lost seven pounds this month. I know that for some of you this would be a celebration: not a cause for a whole re-commitment speech! But to put that in context: on plan and with exercise I lost 20 lbs in June! Really, I don't want to just lose weight, I want to be the poster child for losing weight. (Is that bad? )

Of course, the tortoise crossed the finish line before the hare did...so I guess speed isn't really the point.

Still, I know that a lot of my success/failure was due to getting the support I needed here: without it, I'm Dr. Strangelove with food in the hand.

So I am "back." I'm really busy, though, now, so I'm worried I don't know how to spend enough time here to stay motivated and not so much time (which is easy to do) that other things are neglected.

Anyway, I'm back and happy to "see" you all again!
Alana in Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 02:07 PM   #2  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Busy is good! Just don't lose focus. You have been doing so well, don't let yourself down now!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 02:22 PM   #3  
Starting over

Thank you! CLCSC145

Waving!!

I think a couple of other things contributed to slacking off:

1) I feel so much better physically than I did when I started. I still tie my shoes on the side, but I don't gasp in pain like I used to. It isn't a huge ordeal.

2) I stopped excercising. I'm not sure why. I really enjoyed it--well, when it was over.

3) Boredom. I just get bored eating the same old, same old everyday. For example, I'll have chopped onion, sweet red pepper and mushrooms in my morning "omelette." For lunch I have those veggies again, plus spinach, carrots and a lunch meat (ham, chicken or turkey) in a wrap for lunch. I eat the same fruit almost all the time: berries and apples. Snack is always low fat vanilla yogurt.

How can I change things up?
Old 08-31-2009, 02:36 PM   #4  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

I'd get bored with that too! I get in ruts sometimes too with food. Like my recent chicken rut where I finally ran screaming from the table declaring no more chicken will pass my lips. I think it just takes a little trial and error to find a few more things you like and mix things in that are new and interesting. There are tons of great ideas on this site! Personally, I eat a lot of string cheese, hard boiled eggs, crackers with laughing cow lite cheese, tuna on crackers, egg white omelettes with turkey sausage and veggies, bran cereal with berries, etc. Shake it up and find something you LIKE about what you are eating - no reason for this to be harder than it needs to be!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 02:52 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 237/237/???

Height: 5'8"

You lost 20 pounds in one month????? That is beyond inspiring. I'm glad you are still loosing, even if you haven't been working so hard on it. I bet I get to congratulate you at the end of sept when you have lost another 20, now that you are really back OP. We want another month like June!
Serephina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 03:38 PM   #6  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Hi Alana, know the feeling and congratulations on the 7lbs! and the re-commitment.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 04:10 PM   #7  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

I get bored with foods too. Changing things up is always a good idea! I am so glad to see you back and see that you managed to drop another 7 pounds while eating off plan! You rock! Now get back on that plan and kick my butt in the challenges
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 05:35 PM   #8  
no more hiding

S/C/G: 296/215/160

It's good to see you back! Good for you for losing during your "off plan" time!
2behealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 08:19 PM   #9  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Alana! It's good to see you.

You are doing great, but I get what you are saying. It is so easy to slowly let your resolve down and before you know it you are doing those things you know you shouldn't be doing. I just started a new job at Starbucks and am really having to get a hold of myself and all the temptation I'm now facing.

You do have to switch up your food choices. I'm obsessed with tracking down new recipes so that I don't get bored. I have no problem with eating the same thing for breakfast, but I need variety with my other meals. Step out of your comfort zone and go experimenting. It's fun!
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 09:51 PM   #10  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hey there. Good to see you back, you slacker you. Just kidding. 7 lbs is awesome while not on plan. Glad you're ready to kick it up a notch. Sometimes it's not about the weight, but the control, so I understand.

I've got some INCREDIBLE recipes that I rely on. I just love them and I've got no problem eating them again and again. I do switch it up a bit more for the weekends. I am always searching and developing new recipes and I'm always amazed just how good healthy eating tastes.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:48 PM   #11  
Starting over

Thanks everyone!