Thread: Blood pressure
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2009, 10:23 AM   #4

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Artemis,

I went on a very low dose of BP meds about 3 years ago. I was pretty concerned because my understanding was high BP could do long term damage even if I was already losing weight and getting healthier. As I have lost more weight my bp has come down although I kept taking the meds.

I have an Omron digital BP tester at home and I check often. To my amazement, my BP actually went quite low about 6 weeks after starting SB. I monitored for awhile and made the decision to come of the medication. My suprise was because I had only lost 10 or 12 pounds when it went so low, and I attribute the change to my vigilant change in my diet. (no more white sugar or flour).

I have been off the meds for at least 2 months now. I just checked and my reading was 118/82. I'll take that!!!!

I am so happy to have one more thing go right with my body through eating healthy. My weight loss has slowed a bit because my life is a little kooky right now and I haven't been getting as much exercise lately. I really don't mind, because as long as I'm healthier, and follow SB principles, I know the weight loss will follow.

Best wishes!
Debbie R

My last 54 pounds lost on SBD My 2014 Beacher Bio!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote