Old 08-27-2009, 01:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 172

Height: 5'6

Default Starting Again in 09~ All MRC and fellow Positive People HELP!

Once again I am starting MCR . Tomorrow is my first day!

I lost approx 25-30 pounds last year and began the program in late Ocober 08. I went from 190-158 being my lowest weight last year.

Now it is almost October again in 09 and I start over again... I am staring around 173 and feel so sad that I allowed myself to gain a lot of this weight back. I know in my heart that I have to be positive and want to reach my goal weight of 135.

Any advice or tips are greatly appreciated, I feel so alone in this huge city of Manhattan. I do not know anyone locally or close to me who is also on the diet.
In Sept I start school (college) for my first time and a NEW job. So, lots of changes and bad reasons to eat my feelings. Hence I am trying to get real and start the program again and put myself first. I DESERVE LOVE AND HAPPINESS.

It would be great to make friends and create life long bonds. Thank you for all of your support...
Spiritofsuccessnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:53 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Height: 5'2"

Welcome Spirit!
You can do all you chose to do. It sounds like you are feeling lonely in a huge city. That can be hard when you are trying to make such life altering changes. We all need some affirmation that we are making the right changes during this process. So here we are, your online buddy system!
Remember, you are worth obtaining all you dream of for yourself. You are a beautiful, intelligent human being and making the choice to make yourself healthier is comfirmation of that fact. Think of this weight as a heavy blanket that sheilds the wonderful person you are from the world, trips you up when walking up/down the stairs and prevents you from doing things you want to do. Would you keep the blanket on? Put another on top of it? No, you would throw that useless stupid thing down on the ground and do the things you have been missing out on!
You have already gone through this once. This does not mean you failed, it just means you might not have made the necessary changes, mentally or emotionally, you need in order to get to your goal. Someone once wrote if you fell walking up the stairs, would you throw youself to the bottom and say you just can't do it or would you brush yourself off and continue walking up?
You are already thinking toward success, your name says it. Now, you need a plan.
1. Write down what you want to achieve with your weight loss. Include things you look forward to doing or things you want to get rid of. One of mine was sitting on my knees without my legs going numb!
2. Write another list of what you will miss most on the diet, then write what you will gain. This could be reduced risk of diabetes, heart problems, and joint problems. These things could lead to major medical issues and even death. Compare that to a slice of cheesecake or whatever is on your miss list.
3. Post these in the places you are most tempted. Add to it as things come up. Make them living documents and read them when you are tempted.
4. Throw out all things that are not on plan. Especially if you live alone. You have no need for it!
5. Start at day one. Be determined that you will succeed because you are worth it.
6. Read the MRC threads, Dog days of August is our main thread and then find stuff from there.

Is this diet hard? Yes and you know that. Does it work? Yes and you know that too. Can you do this? Absolutely!
I can't wait to hear all your success!
Lori123321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 07:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritofsuccessnyc View Post
Once again I am starting MCR . Tomorrow is my first day!

I lost approx 25-30 pounds last year and began the program in late Ocober 08. I went from 190-158 being my lowest weight last year.

Now it is almost October again in 09 and I start over again... I am staring around 173 and feel so sad that I allowed myself to gain a lot of this weight back. I know in my heart that I have to be positive and want to reach my goal weight of 135.

Any advice or tips are greatly appreciated, I feel so alone in this huge city of Manhattan. I do not know anyone locally or close to me who is also on the diet.
In Sept I start school (college) for my first time and a NEW job. So, lots of changes and bad reasons to eat my feelings. Hence I am trying to get real and start the program again and put myself first. I DESERVE LOVE AND HAPPINESS.

It would be great to make friends and create life long bonds. Thank you for all of your support...

Welcome SpiritofSuccess and congrats on getting back in the game... you can do this!! We're a helpful bunch here, give great advice and lots of encouragment so stick with it and keep posting. We're here for you!
Karen1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 12:08 PM   #4  
Teresa

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Default Welcome

Welcome spirtofsuccessnyc! Lori gives great advice. It would probably be very difficult to find anyone here that hasn't done the yo-yo diet in our lifetimes. The only difference is that we are determined to make this our LAST TIME.

We will all be here to help support you in whatever way we can. School can be very scary, challenging, stressful, I should probably stop there. It is also one of the most wonderful things we can do for ourselves. I started a couple of years ago with absolutely no college experience and earning 120 credits seems pretty daunting, but I'm persevering and WILL get there. What classes are you taking and what are you going to school for? You will do fine. Take one step at a time and things will fall into place.
TeresaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 12:28 PM   #5  

I am going to school for business Administration a BBA.

It is a 3 year accelerated program and so scary. I honestly do not even know how to write a paper. Concentration is going to be a bit of an issue I am thinking of getting on ADERAL.
What are you going to school for? Today is my first day of the pre-conditioning menu I am excited...
Old 08-28-2009, 12:34 PM   #6  
Teresa

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:

It is a 3 year accelerated program and so scary. I honestly do not even know how to write a paper. Concentration is going to be a bit of an issue I am thinking of getting on ADERAL.
What are you going to school for? Today is my first day of the pre-conditioning menu I am excited...
Drugs just scare me. I too didn't have a clue about writing a paper, but to my surprise, I've manage to have A's in almost all my classes and even been invited to join the Honor's program. I've been working in accounting jobs since high school basically, so I finally just made the plunge to make time and get my BA in Accounting. I have an 8 year old and tried one year going full time, but it was really hard. I'm only going part time taking two classes each semester. This semester it is Psychology and a Health class, which both seem to be pretty intensive.

Let us know how your day goes today.
TeresaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 04:19 PM   #7  
jeanette

S/C/G: 170/139/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:

SpiritofSuccess, for someone who is ADD, Adderall can be a very effective drug. As with Ritalin, it probably can help people who are not ADD to concentrate a bit better but both are drugs with side effects. Because of the Ritalin I am taking, I was not able to use th All Day Weight Loss pills - it would cause too much stimulation in me. I did use the CortiTrim but had to cut it from 2 per meal to 1 per meal because of feeling my heart racing - not fun.
If you really feel you are ADD, but have not been diagnosed, my feeling is: get diagnosed, the sooner the better - It takes time first to get diagnosed, then to find the correct medication and strength that is right for you. If you do not really think you are ADD, just know that the meds for ADD can help, I think you may surprise yourself by being on MRC program. Especially if you are living alone, you have the opportunity to organize your life, your eating habits and your studying habits. This forum can be your support group - once you have posted 10 times I think, you can Private Message people - there is always some one logged on - 24/7! You are going to do great, both on MRC program and in your school program! You do deserve Love AND Happi ness!
jeanette
reuselady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 07:04 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuselady View Post
SpiritofSuccess, for someone who is ADD, Adderall can be a very effective drug. As with Ritalin, it probably can help people who are not ADD to concentrate a bit better but both are drugs with side effects. Because of the Ritalin I am taking, I was not able to use th All Day Weight Loss pills - it would cause too much stimulation in me. I did use the CortiTrim but had to cut it from 2 per meal to 1 per meal because of feeling my heart racing - not fun.
If you really feel you are ADD, but have not been diagnosed, my feeling is: get diagnosed, the sooner the better - It takes time first to get diagnosed, then to find the correct medication and strength that is right for you. If you do not really think you are ADD, just know that the meds for ADD can help, I think you may surprise yourself by being on MRC program. Especially if you are living alone, you have the opportunity to organize your life, your eating habits and your studying habits. This forum can be your support group - once you have posted 10 times I think, you can Private Message people - there is always some one logged on - 24/7! You are going to do great, both on MRC program and in your school program! You do deserve Love AND Happi ness!
jeanette

Jeanette i am new to threads etc and figuring out how to use them. I definitely need to get diagnosed but have felt I have ADD for years. I also need to get on a depression/anti-anxiety medication. It is safe to say I am coming out of my shell and joining the world again after many many years of not starting anything new or moving forward in life!
Some day I want to be a runner and weigh 130 have a great career and really be proud of the woman I am.