Old 08-28-2009, 08:20 AM   #1  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Default 30 Somethings Daily Chat Friday 8/28

TGIF!

What a week! Anybody else just dancing around getting ready for the day today in the knowledge that tomorrow is maybe a day "off"?! With my back issues, having a home daycare has really just about killed me this week...I'm ready to have a day off.

I have victory over temptation last night. DH gets home from work about 7:30 and had stopped to get milk on the way home. Well, you know men - bought other things too... Anyway, after kiddos were all down, I was on the computer and he handed me a whole bag of chocolate covered peanut/caramel patties. REALLY?!? I just made the appropriate oohs and ahhs - took one out and put the bag up in the cupboard. After my OP snack of fat free popcorn (and a beer ) I ate that one yummy chocolatey pattie and went to bed - happy about some self control.

Yay me!

The plan for the day - cereal for breakfast, leftover chicken/rice casserole for dinner, steak fajitas for supper.

Have a wonderful day!!
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 09:27 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 211/181/140

Height: 5'2"

That's great control!! Good job

I failed yesterday. I had Wendy's fries & a cookie dough frostie. I had accomplished 30 days on my No Fast Food ticker. Bummer.
UniquelyNormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 10:21 AM   #3  

Height: 5'6"

Mornin Chicks!

So I decided last night to follow my hubby's low carb diet plan. Yesterday I didn't have any breads, flours, pasta or sugar and ya know what... it didn't kill me. I am gonna give it a shot. Just easier for me to cook and follow if it's something we are both doing and it will be cheaper at the grocery store if I am buying one set of groceries and not some for him and some for me and then a lot would get wasted.

mortonpixie, I can only imagine the look on your face when he gave you those candies. Seriously do men not think about those sort of things? Way to go on self control!

Leaving work early to take DD to doctor then if she feels half way decent she wants to stop and buy sunglasses at the mall.

No other plans for me. Hope to sleep in tomorrow but i have a long list of things to do, mostly cleaning, on Saturday.
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 10:32 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 223/213/199

Mornin' everybody!

T.G.I.F. is my FAV saying so far today!

No willpower for me this week... I broke down yesterday and had chocolate and today I had a blueberry muffin for breakfast...

It's so frustrating! ACK!

Maybe I'll start the no sugar thing on Sunday...gear myself up for it a bit?
Wifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 05:44 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 210/210/140

Height: 5'4

noticing that squeak351 is following her hubbys low carb plan...has he lost weight using it or just beginning?
My Bf was at 230 in December...and did the Zone diet for only like 4 months and lost 40 pounds!!!
being a carb addict myself it's been hard to follow...we dont live together, so we buy different food. Anyway... I am desperate to find something that works as well for me!!
sometimes he really irritates me!! Ugh...just venting.
today was day one...again. accomplished what I wanted so far today. See if I can keep it together thru tonight...

Last edited by thistime140; 08-28-2009 at 05:44 PM.
thistime140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 09:09 AM   #6  

thistime140- my hubby just started about a week or so ago. He has lost 5 lbs so far. I just started 2 days ago and the scale this morning said 2 lbs lost but I am not going to count that until my offical weigh in day which is Thursday.

We aren't doing any particular low carb diet. Just following what my friend from work did. She tried to cut her carbs down to 20 on advice from her doctor but got sick. She cut her carbs to 30 and has lost I believe around 88 lbs. She lost weight from Oct last year until May and is happy where she is and maintaining now. She is slowly adding carbs back and is up to 55 or so and not gaining.

I did some research and basically we are following Atkins only not doing the induction phase of 20 carbs a day.

I think finding a diet that works for you is what is important.

I have tried everything from the 3 day diet, cabbage soup diet, WW, LAWL, medically supervised diets but it's always been a struggle with me. I am only 2 days on the low carb plan so no sure if this will be something I can continue with the rest of my life. Yes I am going to try.. I am at the desparate point where something has to give, and I am hoping it's the fat!!!
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 05:34 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 210/210/140

Height: 5'4

thanks squeak...it's sooo hard for me as I crave both sugar and carbs. He on the other hand, was never big on sweets...or pasta, potatoes, or breads.
I find that if I can stay away from the carbs and sugar at night...usually past 8 or so...then I do much better the next day. I have gone no carb no sugar before....but the detox was ****.
back on the wagon...I guess this is officially day 4, although I think I pretty much threw day 3 out the window. Oh well...
thistime140 is offline   Reply With Quote