Old 08-27-2009, 02:40 PM   #1  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Red face Okay. Yep. Gottit. Lets move on.

1.5 weeks ago I weighed 235.8. Today I weight 235.8. Inbetween I've weighed up to 238.6.

My periods done. I'm watching my sodium. I'm sticking totally on plan.

And as of today I have NO HOPE of making my September 27th goal of 220. None at all.

And that makes me sad.

This summer of medical crap is bring me down homies.

Sigh.

So I'm posting this in the hopes that the wonderful positive feel good 3FC vibes convince my FAT to get off it's BUTT and move out. 230's are a drag.
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 02:49 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I have TOTALLY been here.

Your mind is there. Your behaviors are there. Your body? Just not cooperating, either due to illness, injury, or general stubbornness.

And you know what? It's OK to be irritable about it. It's frustrating and annoying. And I'm sorry you're going through it.

BUT - what is, is. And you've got a choice - let it be, and stick on your plan, or get frustrated and give up. And you, my dear, are DEFINITELY not the type to do the second one. It's just not you! You're too dedicated, too committed, and too smart to just give up on you, right?

So handle what YOU can handle...being on plan, sticking with what you KNOW is healthy for you...and let your body do what it will. Eventually, it'll figure it out, and in the meantime, you'll have learned how to stay with it no matter WHAT, even when you're busy, ill, and fighting against your body's own ridiculousness.

As an aside, you can never tell what your body will do. After I had knee surgery, when I was restricted on activity, I dropped 7 lbs in 2 weeks after a 6 month plateau. Not something to count on, but definitely something to consider.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:19 PM   #3  
Resisting the Urge

S/C/G: 282.4/Ticker/199.9

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfmama View Post
So I'm posting this in the hopes that the wonderful positive feel good 3FC vibes convince my FAT to get off it's BUTT and move out. 230's are a drag.
Thats the way to think about it, show that fat who's boss!!!! You have done so great already, keep it up!

Just keep up on here, there is inspiration to be found around every corner. You're success so far is definitely an inspiration!

Last edited by Essa415; 08-27-2009 at 03:20 PM.
Essa415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:24 PM   #4  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

Hang in there and keep working your plan. I know it's tough, but it will pay off in the end. Just for good measure here is a kick in the pants for that stubborn fat.
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:18 PM   #5  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Oh I understand your frustration. But you will get through this! It's a small bump in the road to major success. Hang tough, kiddo!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:22 PM   #6  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

*** Sending good vibes********

Don't let it get you down. You have done such a good job and have been losing at a phenomenal rate. Even if you don't lose anything for a couple of weeks you have lost 142 pounds! It blows my mind!

Now, I am concentrating on sending more good vibes......
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:27 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 315/156/135

Height: 5'7"

I just have to say, reading your signature, you have lost 142 pounds in LESS THAN A YEAR.

Less than a year

That makes you a rockstar in anyone's book. Don't you dare let 8 measley pounds try to convince you otherwise.
Mom2QJandT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:51 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

It will come off, you know, you've done the research, you're on plan sometimes the body just needs a little break but it doesn't mean you stop! You are doing so great and you body will catch up just you wait and see! It won't be long! I bet your next weigh-in, it's down again. Hugs and positive thoughts coming your way!!
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:59 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 265/132/150

Height: 5'5"

You just have to hang in there. Amanda gave you great advice! When I was first losing I lost consistently, but then as I got smaller it slowed considerably. It made no sense how it came off, nothing for three weeks sometimes and then a chunk. It takes real determination, and faith that if you keep to your plan it will drop. You've done so amazingly well, get mad but stick with it! I know you will!
H8cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 05:01 PM   #10  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Hon! You KNOW you've had a big WHOOSH recently after your surgery, right?
SO, your body is just going HOLY COW! right now, that's all. Kind of resting a bit and regrouping so to speak. Before you know it, things will kick back in and you'll be on your way.

AND, we ALL know that our numbers targets are just for monitoring our progress, right? And you've been hit with a hockey sock full of medical stuff (from one Canadian to another, thought you'd like the little reference there...)
SO overALL, you're doing AMAZING....

Deep down, I know you know it. And I know you'll hang in there. One day at a time and all that stuff.

Oh, and here's a thought for you:

Suppose you wanted to climb Grouse Mountain? And you hiked all the way up and got to the last set of stairs. And on the 4th stair from the top, you fell. And wound up falling half-way down the staircase. Would you pick yourself and THROW YOURSELF down the REST of the stairs and fall right to the base of the mountain? Or would you pick yourself up from where you fell and CARRY ON? You'd still go up the stairs. Right now, you're just catching your breath before you carry on, hon...we luvs ya! You WILL do this...

Kira

Last edited by kiramira; 08-27-2009 at 05:02 PM.
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 05:14 PM   #11  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Recalibrate that target Now! otherwise you will continue to feel 'failure' and you sure as heck are not!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 05:15 PM   #12  

Height: 5ft6'

Nothing that I could tell you that you don't already know. So here's a bug hug to get you through it.

Oh ya...and by the way...you're friggin fraggin incredible. Just thought I'd throw that out there to.
TraceyElaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 05:17 PM   #13  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

You have gotten so many words of wisdom here.

Your body is still in recovery mode.. give it some time.
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 05:18 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 253/Maintenance/140

Height: 5'8

Positive vibes right to ya.

Hey, you are doing it and doing it right. So it'll happen. I don't know when, but I know it'll happen!
WhitePicketFences is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 05:20 PM   #15  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Awww thanks everyone. I know I am just taking a breather on that mountain (or rather my BODY is.) And I know I just had a big whoosh. And I know I'll carry on. Because there IS no other option. But I needed a whinge. And so I've had my whinge. I've shared my whinge and I'll keep on moving up that mountain.

You guys are the best. Seriously.
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote