Old 08-27-2009, 12:31 PM   #1  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

S/C/G: 272/228/under 200 for now

Height: 5'0"

Default I did my very first aqua class today!

In fact its the only class I have ever taken. I liked it so much I took the next class. I ended up starting off with an hour of aqua aerobics and an hour of deep water jogging. I have never worked out for more than an hour. I had an awesome time and I'm planning to go back tomorrow morning.

Now I'm starving! I'm eating my lunch as I type.

I was the youngest person there. The next youngest person was at least 25-30 years older than me. The ladies and gents teased me about being a "young thing thats in great shape". I made me feel good to hear that. No one's ever told me that I'm in great shape. lol
hpnodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 12:34 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

I love aqua class. I'm glad you enjoyed it! I always find I'm starving afterward! Have fun! Our pool closes at the end of September for the winter and I'm going to miss Aquafit.
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 12:37 PM   #3  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

I love swimming so I know I would love that class but my gym doesnt have a pool! And the college that I attend has a pool but no classes
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 12:40 PM   #4  
Slow and Steady

Height: 5' 9"

That is the cutest thing ever, you fit young thing!

Congrats on working out for so long. That's a great accomplishment. I've never tried an aqua class even though they have them at my gym (ymca) but you have definitely peeked my interest. I'll have to check it out. Thanks!
AbbySinthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 12:40 PM   #5  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

After it was over I wanted to keep swimming but I was afraid I might over do it and not be able to exercise tomorrow. I wonder how many calories I burned.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:06 PM   #6  
Resisting the Urge

S/C/G: 282.4/Ticker/199.9

Height: 5'8"

Aqua aerobics have to be one of my favorite workouts, its like a relaxing swim mixed with a butt busting workout. It's a shame the gym I belong to now doesn't have a pool Enjoy your workouts!!
Essa415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 01:25 PM   #7  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

Woah! I'm getting a massive headache now. I hope it's not related to exercising for too long. I'm going to go drink a big glass of water.
Old 08-27-2009, 02:14 PM   #8  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

being in the pool dehydrates you QUICKLY. I always down at least a liter right after my swim.
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 02:36 PM   #9  

Height: 6'1

Water aerobics is fun. I used to take classes with my friend when we were in HS at our local community college. We were the youngest by far. I was always starving by the end.
shasha17a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:20 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 283/246/140

Height: 5'4

i want to do it too. I just dont have time. I have two jobs, and never any free time.

But i always feel wonderful after, and i also need to drink a lot of water after.
princess jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 07:14 AM   #11  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

Wake up today feeling horrible and I still have a headache! I'm drinking my coffee now and waiting for DD to get finished eating breakfast so I can take her to school. I really don't want to go to the aqua class with the way that I'm feeling but I need to do it. I had such a good time yesterday and from what I hear its really good exercise. (this is me talking myself into going) I'll feel better after coffee and some breakfast. Then this horrible feeling I have now wont even be remembered.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:06 PM   #12  
Living and Learning

S/C/G: 304/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 3"

Good for you! I've been thinking of joining and adding that class to my week with Jazzercise. I think I will now!

I spent one hour and 15 minutes treading water in my friends pool yesterday while my son splashed about. I really went at it, treading hard. I found last night I was starving and grazing all night. I said to my husband "what's wrong with me? This is crazy!". Now I know it is normal and will plan my calories throughout a swim day differently.
gumboot is offline   Reply With Quote