Old 08-24-2009, 04:27 PM   #1  

Smile Started MRC august 10 days ago ago! and i have a question too

(had a minor start the 4th but i got sick and had to restart it the following monday.)

And to be honest i am loving it. I cant believe its working, i have been trying since 2003 to lose the weight i gained AFTER i had my baby LOL yes you read that right, AFTER i had my baby i gained weight.

They tried me on three different forms of BC in a YEAR which resulted in 75lbs gained! Depo, ortho, and ortho tri. = <<< me lol

every time i go in i cant believe that i am losing, ( i tell my MRC "boss" its just water weight till i hit 20lbs LOL)because i am EATING. and i am eating stuff i like! My fav is to take the peach mango concentrate (or powder) and mix it with my oatmeal and some splenda and OMG its so good!

i am down 12 lbs. I am excited for the first time in a long time that this will be the thing that works for me. because i really dont have to cheat. heck i could do the pre conditioning forever and be fine!

i spent way too much at their clinic but when i average it out, its worth it. i have now found cheaper alternatives to "their"products so when i run out i can save some money.

i do wonder something though? i had bought a lot of atkins shakes earlier this year and have them left over.

i compared the details and there is only one difference i can find that might be "bad" anyone know you can substitute the atkins shakes for their meal shakes?

here is what i found

atkins MRC
Cal 150 100
prot 15 15
fat 9 (0 trans 1 sat) 0
sdium 180 280
carbs 2 7
fiber 2 less than 1
sugar 1 4

my only concern is the fat content. otherwise the atkins actually seem to be better, i cant tolerate sodium at all, i puff at the smallest bit, and their bouillon is loaded! i really dont want to ask anyone at the clinic as i am pretty sure they wont say OH SURE go ahead buy their stuff cheaper. LOL

other than that i love the food i have bought from them. my goal is 20 lbs by the second week of september.

Last edited by Biloxibound; 08-24-2009 at 04:27 PM.
Biloxibound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 04:34 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

I have been on this since last Monday and have lost 10lbs. It is pretty amazing. I was on Medifast before and I too have leftover stuff that I hate to waste cause it was pretty spendy. I don't see much difference in it or the MRC stuff. I think Medifast has less sodium than the MRC products. I don't want to start playing fast and loose with this diet but I really would like to use up the stuff I already have if there is some way to incorporate it.. Maybe someone will advise us??

Ronnie
RonnieAdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 04:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 166/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Wow, Ronnie! 10 pounds in a week. Go you!
funshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 05:35 PM   #4  

<<going to have to give ronnie an ugly look for losing so much LOL and then a smile and thumbs up!

i am still in disbelief. i keep telling my counselor i wont believe it till i go over 20 that its not water weight LOL! i have tried for so long (i swear i am the only person that WW point DID not work for lol) i cant believe i can eat apples and oranges and oatmeal and toast and eggs and STILL lose weight lol
Old 08-24-2009, 05:35 PM   #5  

oh and thats me too ronnie i dont want to waste my atkins shakes
Old 08-24-2009, 05:51 PM   #6  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/196/155

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biloxibound View Post
<<going to have to give ronnie an ugly look for losing so much LOL and then a smile and thumbs up!

i am still in disbelief. i keep telling my counselor i wont believe it till i go over 20 that its not water weight LOL! i have tried for so long (i swear i am the only person that WW point DID not work for lol) i cant believe i can eat apples and oranges and oatmeal and toast and eggs and STILL lose weight lol
i share the "i'll believe it when it's 20" viewpoint, hehe and no you're not the only person WW didn't work for!! it surely didn't work for me. i think the problem is that there is far too much wiggle room with weight watchers points--the "allowance" points and the workout points and yadda yadda. plus, it seems wrong to me that a twix could count the same as a sandwich, you know? i just feel like not all calories are created equal, yet the points system put them all on an equal plane.

anyway, i'm glad to see a fellow WW deserter this will work for us much better!!
leahruthie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:15 PM   #7  

Notice my avatar.. That will be me when I am done with this program! hahahaaaa..( hopefully not) well maybe..

Cheers!

Ronnie
Old 08-25-2009, 01:15 AM   #8  

Old 08-25-2009, 02:04 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahruthie View Post
i share the "i'll believe it when it's 20" viewpoint, hehe and no you're not the only person WW didn't work for!! it surely didn't work for me. i think the problem is that there is far too much wiggle room with weight watchers points--the "allowance" points and the workout points and yadda yadda. plus, it seems wrong to me that a twix could count the same as a sandwich, you know? i just feel like not all calories are created equal, yet the points system put them all on an equal plane.

anyway, i'm glad to see a fellow WW deserter this will work for us much better!!
LOL leah i am pretty sure when i hit 20 that will change to oh 30lbs wont be water weight anymore LOL!!!

Ronnie i am with you i want to a skeleton for NEXT halloween LOL! we could go as twins

i really want to be excited, but i am still nervous every week when i go in, and i still dont believe every week its not water weight.

i overslept today HATE it when i do that, it throws me off for the whole day. but 3 nights of no sleep i had to catch up some!
Old 08-25-2009, 05:09 PM   #10  

When I weighed in today I had lost a total of 11lbs since the 17th when I started preconditioning. I hope I am able to keep up a good loss each week. The gals at the center seemed pretty thrilled by it. Of course when you eat less calories and no junk and exercise this is what is supposed to happen. So we will see how much I lose on Friday when I go in again..

Cheers!
Ronnie

Last edited by RonnieAdl; 08-25-2009 at 05:12 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 03:26 PM   #11  

yeah i went in today and i am at 14 lbs since the 4th/10th started the preconditioning on the 4th but had to restart the 10th.

i am actually kind of excited that it "might" work lol!

i will feel better when i break the 240 mark!
Old 08-26-2009, 03:29 PM   #12  
Leah

congrats, that's awesome!!

i am simulataneously really excited for you and also concerned that i am doing something wrong somewhere, because my weight loss has definitely stalled and one would think if it were a plateau it would be over by now... :S
Old 08-26-2009, 11:10 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahruthie View Post
congrats, that's awesome!!

i am simulataneously really excited for you and also concerned that i am doing something wrong somewhere, because my weight loss has definitely stalled and one would think if it were a plateau it would be over by now... :S
Have you talked to your folks at the center you go to and maybe they can help see what is going on?

Ronnie
Old 08-27-2009, 06:20 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Height: 5'2"

We are all so different with our weight loss. Someone who starts at a higher weight will lose more in the beginning and the loss will slow down the closer you get to goal. I happen to hit a plataue before every 10 pound weight loss. And those stupid plataues could last for 2 weeks or more. Very frustrating but at least I know it is coming. I also notice that I also gain water when I am working and show a 1 to 2 pound gain, then lose about 5 pounds after the gain.
Hang in there, this does work.
Lori123321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:27 AM   #15  
Leah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori123321 View Post
We are all so different with our weight loss. Someone who starts at a higher weight will lose more in the beginning and the loss will slow down the closer you get to goal. I happen to hit a plataue before every 10 pound weight loss. And those stupid plataues could last for 2 weeks or more. Very frustrating but at least I know it is coming. I also notice that I also gain water when I am working and show a 1 to 2 pound gain, then lose about 5 pounds after the gain.
Hang in there, this does work.
thanks, lori. clearly i'm in kind of a panic mode because i just haven't seen the scale move all week. i appreciate the comfort! don't worry--i'll keep plugging away.