Old 08-20-2009, 05:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 233/223/175

Height: 5'11"

Red face Hi, I'm new here and Starting EFS or FSD on 8/23/09

I haven't made up my mind which one I want to start with cuz I'm not too thrilled about 9 days with no meat. IU wonder if Fish is allowed in Phase 1 of the FSD I'm waiting on the books to come in, I've ordered both and I'm thinking they should be here by Saturday. I'm going to do some food shopping this weekend also. I currently work out for an hour 4 days per week in the gym.

My starting weight is 233 and I am 5'11"...Let's see how this works out.
Lady TK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 203 / 171 / 133

Height: 64"

Welcome and keep us posted. You can do this!
RMatS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:16 PM   #3  
Heck Yes!

S/C/G: 235/231/165

Height: 6'0

Hey! Good to meet cha! I'm sorry to say there is no fish allowed in phase 1 but I didn't really miss the meat anyway. Basically if you want to loose more than 15-20 lbs, then do the Fat Smash Diet. If not, do EFS. Get lots of veggies!
yesimhappilymarried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 09:26 AM   #4  

Thanx for the insight Happily Married. I have been reading up on it and I think the FSD would be more feasible. I want to lose 45 - 55 lbs. I'd actually be comfy at even 45.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:01 AM   #5  

Ok, I actually started today...8/24/09. So...wish me luck!
Old 08-24-2009, 01:44 PM   #6  

Thumbs up Day one

Today I have decided to start the EFSD again. I did it once last summer and it worked great. I have a problem with my ovaries which makes it very difficult to keep weight off, not to mention lose it. At my heaviest I have been 210, at my lowest (over ten years ago) I was 135. Right now I am at 180, and measure 5'8". After seeing myself in a bathing suit three times last week I was disgusted and embarrassed at how I looked. I have a wedding in 40 days and need to lose some weight (15-20 pounds) before then. My goal is to lose 40 pounds in total. I looked great at 150, but excellent at 140. Since I'm tall I am able to hide my weight pretty well. I have decided to do the gamma version of the diet.
I wish everyone luck. I have never been part of an online blog community. I am hoping to find support here.

p.s. I am also 9 days strong without smoking. I decided to quit and that was it. It was hard since I have been smoking for over ten years.
Becky1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 07:55 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Hi girls!

I started EFS yesterday for the first time. I have about 20 lbs. total to lose, and nothing is budging with me, so I decided to get serious - this is it.

Day 1 and 2 were tough but doable. I am used to eating much more, and yes, I've been hungry, but it's manageable. I'm quite motivated.

I hope everyone will keep this post going, as I really do need the motivation of others and the ACCOUNTABILITY. I know I will need it more in a few days when the going gets rough.

Becky - don't be too hard on yourself! We can do this! And stay strong with the no smoking!!!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:00 PM   #8  

I'm so happy to see a post on this thread. Are you following an exercise plan? Are you doing the one in the book? I have decided to change the exercise suggestions up since I began the P090x workout as well yesterday. I need/want to look damn good for this upcoming wedding. haha
The wedding will be my first goal. The second wedding will be my second goal. I really have a ton of clothes in my closet that I just can't fit into anymore!
Becky1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 10:17 AM   #9  

So here I am on day 3....I don't know if anyone else has experienced this on the diet in Phase 1, but I'm really gassy. Knocking myself out over here. I'm not sure if it's something I ate or what. For the past few days I've been feasting on raw broccoli, carrot sticks, oatmeal, fruit, green tea and water water water. I did have some vegetarian baked beans...maybe that could be it, so I opted out of beans for lunch today.

I really want some crackers or something. I wasn't sure if we could eat them during phase 1.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:21 PM   #10  

Hi girls - Becky, I 100% relate to the clothes in the closet being too small. I have almost nothing for work that fits, and I teach, and we start school next week. PS90x (whatever it's called) is tough! I have a friend who does it. You should be looking great soon if you keep pushing yourself with that.

I am also modifying the exercise a bit - today I only did 25 minutes instead of 55, so tomorrow I have to work out on a rest day. Otherwise I am sticking VERY closely to it and have not cheated.

Lady, sounds like you are doing well, except for the gas - lol!! I would be gassy too eating all of that. I turned 41 this year and have noticed that I am gassier in general - due to age I guess. Eek. I have not really had any problems though with EFS. I'm doing extreme not regular fast smash and am actually not too familiar with the original FS phases. In EFS we do 2 cycles. I am brand new to this and will only be on day 4 tomorrow of the 1st cycle. I do plan to do all 3 cycles.

It's tough - I've been hungry and a bit weak. I'm used to eating mostly whole foods and healthy foods but definitely much more quantity than I am getting with this. I plan to stick with it though and am very motivated. Enough is enough!

Stay strong, ladies! I'll check back in tomorrow.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:25 PM   #11  

Lady - I'm not sure about the crackers, but in the Extreme Fat Smash book (what I'm following), we are allowed 2 snacks a day. One of the snacks is a stick of string cheese with crackers. He lists it exactly as "1 ounce string cheese with 4 whole wheat crackers." I had this on day 1 as a snack. I love cheese, so it was satisfying.

Another snack is 6 Wheat Thins with 2 teaspoons of peanut butter, but on cycle 1, which I'm on, you are not allowed peanut butter.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:45 PM   #12  
Windsong

S/C/G: 219/191/150

Height: 5'6"

Lady, lemon water really helps with digestive issues. You may want to see if that gives you some relief. Also, Phazine (sp??) an OTC is good as well. The good news is once you get through Phase 1 your tummy will settle down a bit. Good luck!!!
windsong548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:43 AM   #13  

Someone suggested I take these pills called "Beano" Apparently ur supposed to take 2-3 pills right before ur first bite of problem food...I took 2...it did nothing..LOL I'll try the lemon juice and see if that helps.

I'm on Day 4 here...5 more to go. I see that we're allowed cheese in the EFS..but I'm just doing FS..can we have cheese in Phase 1?? And I LOVE Wheat Thins!!! I probably shouldn't eat them on this diet tho cuz I'd SO over do it!!! I could sit here and eat an entire box!! LOL
Old 08-27-2009, 10:50 AM   #14  

Day 4 for me of EFS. I was trying to be disciplined and wait until the end of day 7 to weigh, but I weighed this morning and was pleased to see almost 3 lbs. gone. I'm sure some of that is water weight, but if I lose 3 a week, I'll be happy. I'm being very strict and trying hard not to cheat.

Lady - years ago I took the beano drops, and they worked pretty well. Not sure about the pills. Good luck with the lemon water.

I am curious about original FS. I may need to get that book as well and compare. Remember the wheat thin snack is on EFS snack list - not sure if they are the same, but I would assume similar.

Have a good day today girls!!
Old 08-27-2009, 01:44 PM   #15  
Heck Yes!

S/C/G: 235/231/165

Height: 6'0

Trust me- I was really gassy too for phase 1. Haha it was really funny actually. It will go away soon. If you happen to watch Celebrity Fit Club, Da Brat was complaining how she couldn't stop farting either. Its basically just all the fiber. Nothing like some good healthy toots to get ya going in the mornin! LOL
yesimhappilymarried is offline   Reply With Quote