General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-25-2009, 10:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/194/150

Height: 5'7

Default Lingerie frustrations

I went shopping for some lingerie. I'm not a veteran to this by any means, and apparently not to savvy with the 'styles'.

It goes like this:

Oh look, that's a pretty bra/corset/bustier and those panties ( I hate that word ) are pretty, too..

Then I turn them around and it's a freakin' thong!

To quote Charlie Brown "Aaarrrghh!".

I would have to have the buns of a Grecian statue carved from marble before I'd don something that draws attention to my cheeks. This girl has some ample booty! I don't even dig wearing a thong with pants as a way to prevent visible panty lines, but to wear a thong in front of my husband....No.Way.In.****.

I'm sure that if I expanded my search area to more stores, I would probably have found something I liked, however I'm still in the process of losing weight, and don't want to throw down mad cash for something that may not even fit in a few months.

Thank your for listening, and to bra manufacturers, thank you for your support.
Optical Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 03:16 PM   #2  
slowNsteady wins the race

S/C/G: 191/ticker/145

Height: 5'-4"

I bet your husband loves your "ample booty" and would enjoy seeing it in a thong. Might make you feel daring?

I'm a little biased. I can't stand the VPL that always shows up with even the "no VPL" panties that have come out in the last few years. I'm all thong, all the time except MAAAAYBE if I'm wearing a skirt and want more coverage just for decency.
rocketbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 05:40 PM   #3  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

im not a thong wearer either. i buy a lot of stuff from victorias secret online. better selection and no annoying sales people, lol.
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 06:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/194/150

Height: 5'7

I don't think my husband digs the booty, as he's made several comments as of late that 'the 'tocks ( short for buttocks. My husband and I are wierd ) are shrinking...

I'm a very timid person when it comes to 'my humps', but it may prove eye openning if I can get my husband to go shopping for such things with me....

Perhaps I'd feel differently about it if I thought thongs were comfortable. I've gotten used to them, view them as a necessary evil, but I'd be a big liar if I said I didn't notice them.

Hmmm....
Optical Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 06:54 PM   #5  
Eyes on the Prize

S/C/G: 350/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I wore the "butt floss" panties when I was younger & about 50 lbs lighter, but not because of panty lines. They made me feel sexxxy & a little naughty.

I probably will again when I get close to goal!

SO frustrating to see cute lingerie in the panty style you don't like, though!
HotWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:37 PM   #6  

Height: 5'11"

I just don't think I will ever be a thong girl. I tried a thong once and it felt exactly like I thought it would--like I had a piece of thick string wedged between my butt cheeks. I kept feeling like I wanted to pick it out. I don't know how people can wear those things!
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:57 PM   #7  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Height: 5'5

I'm with rocketbunny - thongs have it. I hate panties riding up, or feeling stuck, or just uncomfortable. I have been wearing thongs for years, and love them. No, I don't feel like I have something stuck up there.....lol.....I tend to buy a size bigger so it doesn't do that. I never have to bother with panties riding up, or even panty lines, because I don't have that happening. I also feel sexier in them for my husband. I do have one pair of granny panties, as my husband calls them, for when I do wear white pants or certain dresses.
mygritsconfessions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:02 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

It was never my butt checks where thongs rode up and wedged I agree, it's frustrating when the cutest "sets" are built on thongs.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 03:10 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 203 / 171 / 133

Height: 64"

I also feel thongs are a necessary evil. I've gotten used to them, but they're not really comfortable, no matter how stretchy. However, I have to point out that they're pretty much required if you work at a job where you wear dressy pants. Without them, I can't lose the panty lines completely (unless I wear Spanx) and it's not professional to be calling attention to my booty. Plus, I'm really, really hippy so that's the part of me I'd like to cover up/disguise.

Now, that being said, I think you should consider the thong for your husband. One of the best pieces of advice I've ever gotten is that guys are usually so happy that we're showing our bodies to them (and are hoping it leads to sex, of course) that they overlook physical flaws. Even at my size 18, jiggly like jello with cottage cheese worst, I've found it to be true. I'm betting your husband will love it if you can expand your horizons!
RMatS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 03:38 AM   #10  

I think I have solved your problem.Several years ago I started going comando...no panty lines or bothersome thongs.Its very freeing.........
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 04:15 AM   #11  

S/C/G: SW 278 / CW 129 / 127

Height: 5'3"

LOL !!!!

I absolutely HATE the word "panties" too, it makes me cringe and want to throw up and I don't know why !?!?!?! I avoid that word by all means !
WSChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 05:06 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 290/283/150

Height: 5'10"

harrismm, doesn't that get your pants dirty? I only wear underwear because otherwise I get well.. discharge on my pants, and discoloration. I don't think I'd like that much.
megwini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 05:19 AM   #13  
Inspired

S/C/G: 275 / 208 / 135

Height: 5'5"

I love thongs under pants for the no panty-line affect, but all this talk about butt cheeks is cracking me up XD its probably because I'm half asleep...

But wear your thongs proud!
Minya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:06 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Quote:
Originally Posted by megwini View Post
harrismm, doesn't that get your pants dirty? I only wear underwear because otherwise I get well.. discharge on my pants, and discoloration. I don't think I'd like that much.
Um yeah. Very true. Plus the center seam is not friendly
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:21 AM   #15  

LOL!No.I wear pretty loose clothes.I never though I would be panty free either until several years ago when some physician friends of mine were telling me that they never wear them under their scrubs because when they are in the OR and get blood or other bodily fluids on them, it would wick through their underwear.So I thought OK, I will try this.LOVE it.Since then, I have talked to many who dont wear them!!!LOL!Clothes are actually much more flattering without them.Comando RULES!!
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote