General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-24-2009, 04:12 PM   #1  

Question Topix to advert. business?

So, I sell Tupperware, and today I went on Topix.com and just randomly selected zip codes to advertise my business.

Have any of y'all ever done this with your own business? Have you had any luck/any response from it?

It automatically "fills in" the link (parses?) to go directly to my site, so surely it can't HURT my business. I used to have my phone # listed on my site, but I figured since I was listing on what is basically a gossip site I'd be better off removing that bit of personal info.

Anyone know any good zip codes that might be interested (as interested as people get on Topix) in Tupperware?
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 12:52 PM   #2  

Well, I posted my topix discussions yesterday, and, so far, no hits!

Guess I'm getting the answer to my question I posted here!

If any of you ever try it, I hope you have better luck than I'm having. It's free, though, and I just had to try.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:31 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

I've never heard of that site....went to check it out...I'd never use it personally. Way too messy and too much information everywhere. It's overwhelming.
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:59 AM   #4  

Yeah, I'll probably stick to Craigslist and paid classifieds for now.

I just wish I could find someplace FREE with lots of traffic (where there aren't already 1,000's of Tupperware reps!).