Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2002, 05:14 PM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again.....#242

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
Old 11-18-2002, 06:15 PM   #2  
a work in progress...

Ooh! Me first!

Just jumping in quickly...I've got dinner on the stove, have to pick up my son in 5 minutes, only to shove some food down his throat and pack him off to scouts...puff puff...

I had to clean out dh's car before they took it to the auto body shop, and NOW I have stuff all over my living room that I'm trying to sort, toss, stash...For such a small car, (Honda Civic) it held a whole lot of crap!

I'm going to drag my big ol' bootie to Curves while sonny is at scouts...I have REALLY fallen out of that habit, it's time to jump back into it. Sara, can I borrow some of your determination?

Okay, I'm a little scared...there was just a very faint knock on the wall right next to me...nobody else home...it almost sounded like it came from inside the wall!! What the heck was that?? Signals from beyond...........do do do do do do do do......Twilight Zone music...I guess the dog would be barking if there was osme kind of "visitor" wouldn't she? Maybe she's too scared also!

Well...I'd better go...if I don't come back, you'll know I was spirited off to some netherworld...It was nice knowing all of you!

au revoir...
Old 11-18-2002, 06:42 PM   #3  

Default Two second post!

Hi Thin!

I realize that alot of us here are around the 300 pound mark; I was almost there too at 270 pounds just this past spring. The woman was being rude... acting like I was some sort of fanatic for not giving into the pizza JUST THIS ONCE! I too try to push food on people (e.g. Eat this up so we don't have left overs) but pushing people to eat who are watching their weight is something I'd never do! IMHO, she was trying to act SUPERIOR to me for EATING the pizza... and THAT makes me think she's trying to prove something to others and herself!

That's what I was trying to say. A lot of people are truly happy for me for losing weight but there's some that would probably rather I didn't. I'm glad you ladies are so supportive at least!

Anyways... the whole thing wasn't that big of a deal really. It just slightly peeved me!

TTFN
Sara
Old 11-18-2002, 07:33 PM   #4  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

HELLO LADIES

Short happy post.

Just got back from WI (not Wisconsin) and I lost EIGHT POUNDS!!! I love restart weeks!

Hey THIN congrat's on that 1.5 lbs.

I really want to go back and reread the last thread. There was a lot of good stuff there and I DO want to throw in my 2 cents it just might have to wait til tomorrow.

Off to the Y,
Old 11-19-2002, 03:52 AM   #5  
Dancing those pounds away

Hello everyone.
I am back again.. for a few days anyways. LOL
I had a WONDERFUL visit with my daughter. We ate two meals out and she cooked for me too. That is weird. Even though she is a grown woman now (23) I still think I should be taking care of her. LOL. She actually is MORE mature than me. LOL
We both are very competitive and we love to play cards. This weekend was canasta. (sp?) We are both equally challenging for each other. We also went and saw "Harry Potter". We both loved it too. We are both suckers for the "romantic" suggestions implied for the two young stars. I can't remember names... not Harry but his two best friends. It was sooo sweet.

I am not going back over the last thread I missed. Just too much to try and catch up on. Kat.. I am glad your husband is okay. That was soooo dangerous.

Baylee... my heart goes out to you and all of your health problems. I will say a prayer for you.

J-ann... 8 lbs... WOW !!!! Congrats !!!

Kat... are you still with us ???? I hate it when I hear sounds like that. Come check in and tell us they didn't get you. LOL

Sara... when you hit that 100lbs we will throw you a party. It won't be long now.

Thin... thanks for starting the new thread. You are going to have to start watching some of those movies. Have you seen any of them?? My daughter and I had a great dinner and service at LoneStar... AGAIN. That makes three in a row.

I am not ignoring the rest of you... that is all that posted on this thread. LOL I just don't have time to go back over the entire last thread. I am so far behind on my chores around here... I don't know if I will ever catch up.

Have a great Tuesday. I will try to peek in again before the day is done.
P.S. .... My food was good, but not perfect. I passed on several bad choices... but did indulge in chips and salsa at the mexican restaurant. Passed on ALL desserts!!!!
Old 11-19-2002, 05:59 AM   #6  

Well here it is 5am and I have been standing outside in the COLD night air making wishes for each and every one of us on the falling stars.
I started with a dozen wishes for ME to lose this weight. Then I added the group as a whole. Then wishes for my family. And they were still falling across the late night/early morning sky. I started naming each and every one of you by name. Even a few names that don't belong to our group but I read their posts just the same. I am sure I have us ALL covered. Now it is up to each one of us to make those wishes come true.

It was quite a site here watching a miracle that won't happen again for another 100 years.... let's not wait/weight that long for our miracles to happen for us.
Old 11-19-2002, 08:07 AM   #7  

Thin get some more of that stuff shot into you...if you keep shaking your butt it will be much easier for you on the pecker hunt.

Thanks for "wishing" for me. I bet that was quite a sight to see. I wonder if you will enjoy it the second time you see it....100 years from now!!!!!

What time are we chatting Wed? 7 or 8 Eastern?
Old 11-19-2002, 10:11 AM   #8  
a work in progress...

Angry When you wish upon a star...

Makes no difference who you are...
Anything your heart desires
Will come to you!

If your heart is in your dream
No request is too extreme
When you wish upon a star
As dreamers do

Fate is kind
She brings to those to love
The sweet fulfillment of
Their secret longing

Like a bolt out of the blue
Fate steps in and sees you through
When you wish upon a star
Your dreams come true.

Thanks for the wishes, 2cute!! It must have worked, because I woke up today with renewed determination to get back on track once and for all!!! I got up at 5 with hubby this morning to see the show...I guess it was too cloudy here, I didn't see a blessed meteor...I saw a few stars and the fabulous moon, but no "shooting stars."

Lucky...BAYLEE got the booty shakin' shot, not Thin! Have another cup of coffee! I'll leave chat time up to the majority...I can do either 7 or 8 est...but I prefer 7, so I can get a little sleep!

2cute...their names are Ron and Hermione! Aren't they adorable?

Baylee...No more "bumps in the night" here. It was wierd because it was a very slow, deliberate knock knock knock inside the wall...no more since...I guess the "ghost" didn't get an answer so he gave up...hope so! I hope that you feel better soon and that they get everything all figured out and treated and taken care of. Lots of good : coming your way! At least you won;t have to see that at work for awhile!

J-ann...Whoa! Way to go!!! 8 lbs is fabulous!! Great comeback!! Now keep it up! I'm so proud of you!

Sara...Good for you resisting the pizza and that woman's rudeness. She was jealous of your determination and commitment to your food plan, that's all. I wish I had HALF of your willpower!! Keep up the good work!

Thin...I love that quote from your WW leader...so true! Congrats on your loss! Keep it up!

Duckie...I've never had venison, but I hear it's very good. It must be nice to get the old freezer stocked. Good for you, getting back on track...me too...and with 2cute's star wishes, we can't go wrong!!!

Dollar...I love that attitude..."We shall prove them wrong!" Oh yes we will!

Tina...NICE PICTURE! He IS a hottie, isn't he?? Could you slip Tony Lucky's phone number next time you're rubbing elbows?? I know you are not going to let that tramp "Little Debbie" undermine all your good efforts!! Throw those boxes away!!! Come on, we're all getting back on track together, take my hand...

Mary...you're very quiet lately...must be busy wrapping all those Christmas presents!

Michelle...I hope you're feeling better! Fingers are crossed for your next job!

Arabella...your post made me a little sad, but I am amazed at your honesty.
Quote:
I refuse to keep myself a walking, chomping, zombie.
Me too...thanks for the much needed eye opener!

Tontoy...Where are you?? Haven't seen you lately!

Malia...Okay, I know you must be catching up on all those Spongebob episodes that you taped while you were away...come see us soon! We missed you!

Well...I have really got to run...I have ANOTHER dentist appt @ 11:00...still need to shower...will I EVER be on time for ANYTHING?

See you all later...have a great day.

xxoo
Old 11-19-2002, 11:51 AM   #9  
Michigan Old-Timer

Good morning, everyone! Just here for a second, then I'm off to work. I've got 3 'bank jobs' to pull off and a fashion store. That should keep my afternoon busy!

I have to tell you, I have really gotten into reading of late. Wait....maybe I've told you this before......there goes that memory again! Anyway, just ignore me if this is a repeat. I have fallen in love with the writing style of Janet Evanovich. Easy reading, funny as heck, mysteries. Well, the other day, I bought one of her early books that she's just redone called Full House So, I'm really getting into the story, it's getting fairly juicy and I get to the bottom of the page and the sentence continues at the top of the next page, but it didn't make sense. So I'm looking at it and I had just finished page 146 and the next page is 123! YIKES! So I start thumbing through the book and find that the book goes from the beginning to page 146, then goes from 123 to 146, and then continues with page 171. Page 147 to 170 are missing and it was just getting juicy!!!! I was ticked......BIG time!!! So now I have to run back to the bookstore and get a new copy so I can find out what happened!

Katrina: Don't be too fearful of things that go bump in the night. Ghosts are just restless spirits. It's poltergiests (sp?) you have to worry about!!!

Sara: Can't wait to help throw that party for you when you reach that goal. You're so close, I'm sure you'll make it by Christmas.

J-ann: 8 POUNDS!!! OMG, that's wonderful!!!

2cute: I'm glad you had such a nice time with your daughter. * Thanks for all the stary wishes. I bet that was neat to see.

LuckyLadyBug: It isn't this girl that's shakin' her booty. At least not on purpose. Although I have to say that when I run down the stairs the booty does shake.........for 10 minutes AFTER I have reached the bottom of the stairs! Ooops.

Baylee: I'm glad that your tests are ok so far. Let's keep it that way. * That is so neat about your ghost. Do you think you know who it is, or do you think it's someone from the house? I had the weirdest thing happen a couple of months ago. I came home and there was a message on my answering machine. It was a man singing the song 'you are my sunshine'. I really didn't put two and two together until I questioned my two sons and then DH and he said, "I bet it was your dad". The weird thing is that when I was little, everytime we got in the car, we would sing. And that song is one that we sang together. And then in the nursing home one day, I was waiting for an aid to come in to put dad to bed and instead of just sitting there staring at him (because by this time he didn't know who I was anymore and couldn't carry on a conversation) I began to sing and that is one of the songs I sang. What was funny was that I sang it through the first time and then when I sang it a second time, he sang with me. Couldn't remember who I was, but he could remember the words to the song. Funny. Anyway, when DH came home I went to play the message for him and it was gone! My psychic says that you have to remember that we are all energy and alot of times spirits can get through to us by use of electronics, a radio, a tv, etc. It was weird, but I wasn't scared.

Well, now that you guys think I'm totally certifiable, I guess I'll go to work. You all behave yourselves and have a great OP day!

I'm good to chat on Wednesday. I prefer 7:00 EST, but whatever you guys want to do.
Old 11-19-2002, 12:09 PM   #10  
Progress..not perfection

Wink

I will try my best to slip Lucky's number into Tony's pocket the next time I see him.......that is, if I can remember. I get so tongue - tied when I'm around him, it's rediculous. I will not go off on this long tangent (I think I spelled that right) about him, I will just say I am soooo happy he won the Championship!! I just KNEW he could do it!

Well here we go, confession time: I ate way too many of those little debbies to count. BUT, they are now gone out of the house. I gave two boxes to one friend, two boxes to another, two boxes to the neighbor and I know it's wasteful, but I threw two boxes away. That left me with two boxes and those were consumed at my house. I won't say I consumed them all, because I didn't, but I came darn near close.

Duckie, boy, do I sure know how you've been feeling.......I hate it when I put all this crap into my body. You know, you have like a "food" hangover? You move slower, you feel bloated, you feel sleepy, thoughts are cloudy and you basically, do not want to move. And the funny thing about it is, (if there is anything funny about it) is that we do it to ourselves. We all KNOW how good we feel when we're eating healthy. Sometimes I wonder why in the world we would choose to voluntarily do this to ourselves and our body. I think the issue I really have is that I am so strict on myself at times, especially when I am exercising alot and my body actually craves these high calorie foods because I'm starving it. I have to get into the "not starving myself--but eating healthy, regular sized portions of healthy foods" frame of thinking, and I might just be able to pull this thing off.

I'm not trying to ignore the rest of you.....honestly, I'm not. Somehow, some way, I always carry you with me, no matter where I go, but this is all I can reply to right now. thin, glad you found your soulmate. Me too. 2cute, thanks for the wishes. Must be why I've felt a surge of power today. Baylee, I'm so sorry for what your going through lately. I wish I was there to hold your hand, but here is a hug for you. Mary, haven't seen you a lot lately, hope all is fine with your family. SaraJoy, you have been my rock lately. I always look forward to your inspirational posts. Sorry, I don't mean to put a lot of pressure on you, but you are really helping me lately. dollar, so glad you've joined our happy little family.....you fit right in. Kat, my soul sister. I will take your hand......thanks for always knowing when to lift me up or kick my butt. Lucky, I am still on the lookout for you, don't you worry sweetie. The only problem is......finding someone good enough for my Lucky. Duckie, don't you fear my friend, we are in this boat together and we will not drown. Malia, get your butt in here and regail us with all your exciting stories! We've missed you. And last but certainly not least, J-ann, sincere congrats on the 8 pounds gone! You go girl!!

Good grief! I got started and I just couldn't stop. See how much I love you guys? I honestly don't think I've forgotten anyone, but if I have please forgive me. It was not my intention. So far so good today. I am still OP. Also, I will be doing my WATP video tonight. Wish me luck! I think I'm gonna do the two mile.

Last edited by QueenB; 11-20-2002 at 07:41 AM.
Old 11-19-2002, 12:17 PM   #11  
a work in progress...

I saw this on another thread and had to share...

THE REAL MEANING OF PMS

1. Pass My Shotgun
2. Psychotic Mood Swings*
3. Perpetual Munching Spree*
4. Puffy Mid-Section
5. Provide Me Sweets
6. Pardon My Sobbing
7. Pimples May Surface
8. Pass My Sweatpants
9. Pissy Mood Syndrome
10. Primarily Men Suck
11. Pack My Suitcase
12. Permanent Menstrual Syndrome**
...and my favorite...
13. POTENTIAL MURDER SUSPECT

*personal favorites
**dh's personal favorite

Last edited by katrinabgood; 11-19-2002 at 12:22 PM.
Old 11-19-2002, 12:42 PM   #12  

Well here I am again. I only got 4 hours of sleep but that is okay... I have a lot to do today.

yes, I was fortunate the skys were clear here. The moon being too bright was the only drawback. I went out at 4 am and only saw 2 in 15 minutes. Grrr... to cold to stay out there for that. ... so I came back in until 4:40 and back out again. Wow... then it was a show. They were sooooo fast you almost could miss them. The brightest , longest, a biggest one was at 4am so I am glad I went out then.
I had to laugh.. while I stood there watching... and thought how neat it is that some of you were watching the same sight I was. It sort of bonded us even more.

Kat... I thought his name was Ron... but it is so plain I also thought that can't be it.

Okay... I have to run !!!!
Old 11-19-2002, 12:58 PM   #13  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Thanks, Kat - that was hilarious And you know what? Once you hit menopause you still have all that fun, it just doesn't follow any predictable cycles.

Thin, so glad you found your soul mate. I agree that marriage is work - but I think often the women do 85% of it. I know that I need to stand up for myself more, but it's so hard to break patterns. And I know its also tied in with my weight problem.

Baylee, don't worry about not knowing much about me. I don't really post here regularly (it just seems like it!) but I lurk and pop in from time to time. I think this is a fabulous thread - you guys are the greatest. Hope all your medical results are good!

2Cute, thanks for the wish! (I'm claiming one of the general ones). Those moments are so fantastic - I bet you'll remember seeing that for the rest of your life. I got up at 4 but it was overcast here.

Tina, that "food hangover" describes how I feel most of the time if I'm eating a fair amount of carbs, even healthy ones. I'm really trying to balance it.

J-ann - 8 pounds is incredible! You go, girl! I was looking at someone's stats the other day who lost 4-6 pounds most weeks while she lost 100 pounds. Oh, if only I could squeeze off one a week

Sara, your progress has been just amazing. I saw the determination when you started, and you've done fabulously throughout. WTG!
Old 11-19-2002, 05:52 PM   #14  

I KNOW it was Baylee... I was thinking of her on the other side of the state shaking away....Don't know why I typed Thin until it's cause she probably shakes it too OR because I want to be thin????? Some Freud thing
Old 11-19-2002, 08:20 PM   #15  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Well here I am still at work. The library closes at 7 on Tuesday but tonight is the monthly book club meeting of the Ladies of the night book club. I stay over for them to meet.
Not much going on with me except work. Haven't wrapped a single present yet.

I have been on a munchie kick the last few days all I want to do is snack and with Thanksgiving coming up its bad. We are going to my Aunts (mothers sister) for dinner on Thanksgiving I have a cousin coming in from MO.

My other Aunt(daddy's sister) called last night to ask if I might be able to wear any of my Grandmothers clothes
I don't know how I will feel wearing them. I sure do miss her especially this time of year.

I have had two research jobs the last few weeks so I have had a few extra dollars. Thats always good.

I didn't get up to see the meteor shower I slept right through it. I'll catch it next time

Well I better go for now hope all of you have a good night. 7 or 8 either is good for me for chat tomorrow.

Closed Thread