Old 08-24-2009, 08:02 PM   #1  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

Default So close and yet so far

I'm only 12 pounds away from a 100 pound loss, and just 17 pounds away from being at the halfway point to my goal. I feel like I should be so happy and excited, but instead I feel all "bleh."

Most likely it's because I've felt stuck for a couple of weeks. I've had to be away from home babysitting, haven't always been able to make the best food choices given the circumstances (although admittedly it was just sometimes easier not to), and have had to reserve any walking for early mornings.

I figured I'd feel better as soon as I had some time to myself, but my first day off we had to catch up on running errands all morning and then go to the BF's mom's house for her birthday. She made tamales, where I tried to consume a modest amount (and remained hungry) before being informed we were going straight to the theater with the rest of the family, and we had to hurry if we didn't want to miss the show.

Yikes! Heading to the theater while hungry? Not good. So I ended up sharing some popcorn with the BF (no added butter at least) and got myself a bottle of water (I've done amazingly well with the no soda thing). I was tempted to get candy but steered clear of that. I'm not sure how many calories I did end up having but I'm sure there was a ton of sodium.

I've lingered around 272-273 for a little while now, and just realized that it's my TOM so maybe I'm doing well, despite the trip-ups I've had in the last few weeks. And when I think about it, even with the trip-ups I'm still eating a heck of a lot better than I was before I decided to make this commitment.

Anyway, once the BF gets home tonight we're gonna go grocery shopping and I'm gonna put myself back on track again. Plus I'd rather not obsess about the popcorn, pizza, or tamales I've recently eaten, especially when I've been staying on plan a good percentage of the time and haven't binged at all.

I think I feel a little better now that I've vented.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 08:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 288/seeticker/140

Height: 5'4"

You've come so far!! Even if you feel sort bleh given the past couple weeks less than perfect (and nobodies perfect!) diet.
I think its amazing!! You've done amazing!! for you!!
Maybe its time to re-motivate yourself a lil... what rewards do you have planned for yourself for your goals? Do you keep your goals/rewards list in conspicous place? (I hang my on the fridge...try going for an ice cream when the goals/rewards page is hanging there screaming at me to stop!!)
Your an inspiration to me! Keep it up!!
TaraLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 08:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/155/140

Girl, I believe by the end of the post u had yourself talked out of the whole downer part of it. That was awesome. Yeah, by the time you end TOM I will bet u will have beaten this plateu. Keep on keepin' on, u rock
Jokan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 09:21 PM   #4  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

You've lost 88 POUNDS. Say that to yourself... you've lost 88 lbs! You've lost my 11 year old neice!!!

It's normal and natural to feel stuck... and bored... and like it's taking forever. And throw that TOM into the mix and you've got a recipe for disaster! I hear you!!!!

I'm glad though that you have talked yourself OUT of your funk. You'll go to the grocery store and buy delicious and healthful foods that help you on your path to weight loss and in two weeks this will be all but a bad memory.

Stick to it my friend! The best is yet to come!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:01 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 271/268/175

Height: 5'8"

I totally get how you feel. We moved into our new house one month ago and though I've stayed half on the wagon, I've made many bad/easier choices and though I have recommited a few times, I just haven't gotten completely back on the horse. You are doing AMAZING and you are such an inspiration, I am starting fresh tomorrow with you! Yay! Awesome!
shrinkingleah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:33 PM   #6  

Height: 5'9"

Smile
Look how far you have come. I have those 'bleh' moments you speak of, but then I realize I kick butt. And so do you

Last edited by luvja; 08-24-2009 at 11:35 PM.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 12:51 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

You are making great choices!! You will see a turnaround in no time, just keep on plan. You can do it!!
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 02:23 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 245/242/140

You are so, so, so, so incredibly strong! This is your life, and you're making such great choices!

My nutritionist told me that there are no "bad" foods, there are just "bad" portions. I'm not sure I 100% agree with that - lol! - but I definitely see the logic. If you deprive yourself of things like a tamale at a birthday or a popcorn at the movies, you're going to just obsess - like you said, and that's possibly setting yourself up for disaster. And the water and no butter? That's awesome!! These are things that you will be able to use for the rest of your life, to enjoy food while not overindulging. It's all about balance.

88 pounds. Wow. I'm in awe... yay!!
BellaBlonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 05:02 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 300/ticker/190

Height: 5'9"

Just look at Dory swimming along your ticker - you've come a LONG way! Keep it up!
bcort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 06:55 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 245/242/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcort View Post
Just look at Dory swimming along your ticker - you've come a LONG way! Keep it up!
Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming!
BellaBlonde is offline   Reply With Quote