Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: With the Holiday Season here, what are your predictions on the scale come New Years
I think I will stay the same as I am now. 7 25.93%
I think I will be up 1-2lbs from where I am now. 4 14.81%
I think I will be up 3-4lbs from where I am now 0 0%
I think I will be up 5lbs or more from where I am now. 1 3.70%
I think I will have lost 1-2lbs from where I am now. 5 18.52%
I think I will have lost 3-4lbs from where I am now. 2 7.41%
I think I will have lost 5lbs or more from where I am now. 5 18.52%
I think you better come looking for me after New Years! 2 7.41%
Other 1 3.70%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2002, 06:19 AM   #1  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Post Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 11/18-11/24

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-THURSDAY RECIPE DAY
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=22071

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

Old 11-18-2002, 06:23 AM   #2  

GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

Will post my usual morning post sometime later, but wanted to make sure I got our
MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY
done early in the morning, so here's my contribution for MM, there's two good ones to read

THE SMALL MOMENTS

Some of the biggest, most positive and enduring accomplishments are the result of small efforts repeated again and again. There is enormous, nearly unstoppable power in those small efforts when they're focused consistently in the same direction.

Tiny, soft water droplets will eventually wear smooth the hardest of stones. So too will small, positive efforts eventually yield big and valuable results.

Your thoughts and actions in the smallest, most seemingly insignificant moments truly matter. They matter very much more than they would seem. For it is in those small, ordinary moments that extraordinary accomplishments are built. It is in the actual living that a life of distinction, success and fulfillment is achieved.

Though you may only move a few inches at a time, those small steps, taken one after another, will eventually put you miles and miles ahead. See the value and real opportunity in each small moment, because those small moments are indeed what combine to make a big and magnificent life.

-- Ralph Marston

CLARITY OF POSSIBILITIES

Most of the limitations you experience are largely defined, supported and given energy by your own perceptions. Change those perceptions, genuinely raise your expectations, and the limitations will begin to melt away.

The experience of limitation is only one way, out of many possible ways you have, for relating to a particular situation. You are always free to make another choice, to relate to your circumstances in a more positive, empowering way.

Though one approach may be blocked, it is only one of many possible approaches. Limitations are always finite, yet the number of positive possibilities is unlimited.

Whatever is holding you back is doing so because you have accepted it as something that's holding you back. Imagine what would happen if you accepted, with just as much certainty, the very real possibility of moving forward.

Are you looking at the world through the fog of limitation or are you seeing the bright, shining clarity of your best possibilities? The way you choose to perceive where you are can make a world of difference in where you end up going.

-- Ralph Marston

Have a wonderful day, and a fabulous week!!!!!

Debbie
194/1??/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 11-18-2002, 07:53 AM   #3  

Default Good Monday Morning!

I slept like a rock last night...after 3 anyway. I had the electric mattress pad on high, and hubby had put clean sheets on the bed and added a velux blanket in the process. I was all warm and snug. It was hard to get up this morning. Of course, I didn't really need to. I will probably go back after breakfast.

Going to church last night was wonderful. I was right...he wouldn't let me stand during the hymns, and I got a few odd looks. After church, I stayed seated a chatted with a couple people who stopped to say hello. It felt great to be back after four weeks! I came home, ate a snack and got in bed. Today I will sleep and read all day.

BOB: I am letting you know in advance that I am going to a doctor's appointment tomorrow. Other than that, I will be staying in bed, resting. I hope you slept well last night.

HEART: That was nice that you knew someone up there..I hope Deb can get the picture posted for you. The one of Boogie in the cow costume was awfully cute!

SEF: I love Scrabble! I have a computer edition of it and play the computer all the time. Of course, it does have a word finder hint thing that makes it pretty easy at times.

I'll be back later! Its time for breakfast!
Old 11-18-2002, 08:13 AM   #4  

Hi to everyone. I've been lurking here and decided to introduce myself. I have been doing SB for 10 days. I decided on this WOE for health reasons, it makes so much sense to me. It's been challenging, since I also cook for 2 guys that aren't doing SB. I have very recently relocated to Charleston SC after living my life in Ohio--I have not started working so have some free time to devote to learning SB WOE. I have 3 (almost) grown sons, 2 are away at college.
I guess the most challenging part to me is cutting out the potatoes, pasta, etc. I am so used to eating these starchy foods with meals. I have been hungry a lot too. But it gets easier everyday so I will keep at it. I look forward to chatting with everyone.
Old 11-18-2002, 09:00 AM   #5  

Good Monday Morning Everyone

What a gorgeous day here in Miami! It's cool, crisp and just a bit breezy. Would be a wonderful day to get out and run, if it weren't for having this fing cold! Not that I feel too too bad at this time, but my lack of sleep last night, well, it sure doesn't give me a lot of energy, that's for sure. If anyone looks, they'll see I posted the EXERCISE BOARD around 2:30amish. I went to work on the weekly board and got logged off and couldn't get back on, then ELI came in and said "what the heck are you doing?" and off to bed I went-off to bed, but not to sleep though. Couldn't fall back to bed til 5-something then up again by 6am.

Sooo, today, I'm just lounging at home til I have to go get the kids. Have done a few loads of laundry already and just about ready to go make the bed with nice clean sheets. Started the day out with some chicken soup (canned, of course) that I tried my best to spruce up. I'm going to work on getting in some water, I know I have to be somewhat dehydrated with not only being sick but not drinking much of any liquids this entire past week-not something I'm proud of.

I got LAUREN the cutest bracelet on EBAY for Hanukah. Anyone want to see it, just click on the link. I think it's well worth the money.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...item=980498925

If you missed my quick post of the T-shirt I'm thinking about getting ELI that I posted yesterday, check it out at the link below, I think it's hysterical!!!!!

http://tshirtgiant.site.yahoo.net/bz1052.html

FOR THOSE OF YOU MEETING IN ORLANDO IN JANUARY I will be e-mailing you soon with some details. Until then, if you have any ideas for our Friday night get together, please, let me know via e-mail at [email protected] If there is ANYONE who is thinking about coming, please let me know as well!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

MONET, glad to see you got out over the weekend and continue to get better. Scrabble lover here too!

LINWORTH, Glad you've decided to jump on our weekly support board and join us. Really, we don't bite, maybe ***** and moan sometimes, but hey, we're women, we're entitled!!! I think SB is challenging for most of us when it comes to cooking. Heck, cooking is challenging for me period! In my house I eat SB, my daughter won't eat anything remotely healthy, my son is lacto-ovo vegetarian and ELI will eat whatever whenever he comes home. Even though I'm epicurian challenged I do have an obsession with cookbooks, well, ones that I could use for SB legal meals, but once again, just cracking those babies open after the initial look at them, well, it just seems Greek to me sometimes. What can I say??? LOL!!!! Remember, you can still eat the potatoes and pasta and rice, you just have to choose the healthier alternatives of it being a sweet potato, ww pasta and brown rice and then have to limit the amounts you eat and not to eat too many starchy carbs. This is just one of the great things about SB, you can still eat those foods but just the healthier counterparts! Don't be afraid to ask questions, we love throwing in our 2 cents when asked!!!

Well, I'm off for now. Going to make the bed and then probably climb back in later, in hopes I will fall asleep for a little bit.

Have a great day, and a wonderful week everyone!

Debbie
Old 11-18-2002, 09:53 AM   #6  

DEB: That is a really cute bracelet! Laura would love one too! I looked all through that sellers stuff..and not one more to be had! I emailed them to see...thanks for posting the link! The rest of that sellers stuff is really nice...they have some really beautiful necklaces!
Old 11-18-2002, 10:40 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Default I'm Back!!!

And boy did I miss you guys. Our trip was great fun. Very different from what I expected and what I am used to doing for vacation. I'm still rocking though. Hope this doesn't last too long.
Boy is there a lot of food. I did so good with my eating the first 3 days. Basically all the time, but there was just waaay too much of it. Portion control is not something you do on a cruise. The first 3 nights I have fish and veggies and always had SF ice cream for dessert. Stayed away from the breads until the end. They were just too good. I ate some things I have never had, escargot (sp) and it was great! Never thought I would eat and like snails. Lobster (didn't like it). Eggplant. Sorry Deb, didn't like it either. Never made it to the midnight buffets. Always too full. Dinners were 5-6 course meals. I did have about 3 pieces of pizza and a lot of pina coladas. The seas were pretty rough, could feel the boat swaying but neer got sick. Maybe I should have. LOL. Couldn't get into the shopping too much. I have trouble parting with my money. Went to the nude beach one day. DH loved that, All in all it was a great time. Glad to be home and back in the routine. I wasn't going to weigh until WIW. But I thought I needed that shock to get me back on track today and a shock it was! 10 lbs up. I really thought I was watching it pretty good. We worked out everyday we were at sea and got our 3 miles walk in every day. It just goes to show you that it can come back very quickly.

I'm hoping that this gain won't last long and I think it will be great incentive for me to stay 100% OP during the holidays. I was worried about it, but I think I will be better now that I can see how fast I can put it back on.

Can't go back and read last weeks posts so if I have missed anything that I should know, someone fill me in.

Deb, Sorry you have been sick. Man was it cold when we got to Ft Lauderdale yesterday. We were at the airport for 4 hours, wished I had your number to call you and at least chat.

Monet, glad you finally got out of the house for awhile and are feeling better. Don't push yourself too hard.

My desk is covered today I'll try to get back on later.

It sure is good to be back on here again and back on track with my eating today. I am starving already and didn't have any food in the house so I am drinking water, water, water today.

Jackie
Old 11-18-2002, 11:45 AM   #8  

Angry Good morning everyone,

We had a good ole Nor'Easter over the weekend. We were very lucky, as we didn't get the ice a lot of people got. Some people will be without power until Wed., so they say. Our's didn't even hiccup.

Jack-K, it sounds like you had a lot of fun on your cruise. Where did you cruise to? I'm rather new to the boards and I have missed a lot of posts.

Deb, sorry you aren't feeling well. Hope your cold is better soon.
I liked the T/shirt. What a cute bracelet. She will love it.

I hope you all have a great day.

Aleka
Old 11-18-2002, 12:04 PM   #9  

Angry

Good Morning Ladies, :)

It's so good to be back on I feel like I've been in hibernation, and boy was it a big black hole. Don't fall in it's slippery trying to get out;)

Linworthlady: Welcome it's nice to have you on the board, I've just come back myself and these ladies are wonderful. There a great help and a joy to get to know. We all need the suport from time to time. Some of us more that eithers (thats me:o )

Deb: Wow I love the bracelet, I'm sure that Lauren will be in love with it. I also liked the Shirt for Eli, that's cool. I'm sorry your not feeling good. Hope the chicken soup helps. I'm so glad to be back. I hated gaining that weight back, but I still have the 70lbs off. It's just that I made so much progress and now I have to do it all over again. :( I can't believe I allowed that to happen to myself.

Well I guess I best run and fix some eggs for breakfast. Have a nice day everyone,

OOPS: I almost forgot thanks for the Welcome Back BOB and for remembering me, it's so nice of you.

Love to all Glory
Old 11-18-2002, 12:05 PM   #10  
aka Zippy LiverFace

Default SPAM

SOMEONE keeps sending me SPAM about some stupid song called "ROCKY TOP" - who could that be?!?!? I think this person musta gone in a neutered all my bulldawgs in August just so they could BRAG this week-end.

ALEKA - There's a picture on Yahoo's most e-mailed content of the snow and ice up there. I'm glad you still have your power. We were without power once for a whole week and had to rotate shifts putting logs on the fire. Camping in the living room with your whole family gets old after one day.

JACKIE - Dontcha love those cruises? We took a nap one day just so we could get up to go to the midnight buffet. It was absolutely gorgeous those ice sculptures and the chocolate fancies....oooohhhhh.....I could gain 10 lbs just thinking about those!

MONET - I sure hope you feel better soon! I'd love to stay in bed for 4 weeks, but because I WANT to and not because I HAVE to!

DEBBIE - The bracelet is awesome!! Lauren is going to love that! I like Eli's t-shirt too. FRIDAY - Can we do something at my house?!? Everyone has to see the new house and meet Vixen! Remember we talked about doing something when we agreed to all sign up for the marathon and meet again in O-town! YOU PROMISED!!!

LINWORTHLADY - WELCOME!! I've actually been mia for a while but it's not my fault - it's those stupid Germans who invented SAP! (Not all Germans are stupid, just the ones who programmed SAP) Anyway, you're in a great place for support and ideas!!

That was my baby gurl posted on my last post and my avatar if it's working. I figure she's cuter than those castrated bulldawgs o'mine. I have lots more pictures if anyone wants to see them. We had our first "conformation" beauty pagent this week-end. She came in 2nd!! (out of 2 dogs) We had lots of fun, though, and didn't expect to win. Just lots of learning for when we start turning up the heat on the rest of the border terriers in the ring. It was good for wearing her out and a tired puppy is always a good puppy.

Gotta run the Network **** will be along shortly.
Old 11-18-2002, 12:26 PM   #11  
Goddess

Thumbs down Monday, Monday

It is a gorgeous Monday here, but sad. I just got a call that a member of my church died unexpectedly this morning. He was in church yesterday and looked well--so I guess you never really know.

It's cold here today and this weekend--was miserable at the game on Saturday--and not just because Auburn lost in an increadibly STUPID fashion. It was cold and wet and we only made it until halftime--and came home and watched the second half in my warm living room.

BOB--do me a favor--don't root for Auburn anymore. I have noticed that whenever you root for my team--we lose! I have two words I want to you repeat all week--like a mantra--Go Bama--Go Bama. Put the jinx on them for a change.

Beth--I've sent you an email, I will be arriving in Huntsville late tomorrow afternoon or early in the evening. If you will send me your phone #, I 'll call you and see if we can get together!

Monet--Sounds like you are slowly getting your strength back! I hope you weren't out in that awful weather we had this weekend. Ick!

Aleka--Thanks for telling me the history of your name--it is beautiful! Miss Belle is a cat. She came to me as a baby a little over a year ago and has enriched my life greatly! She will be making her first road trip when we go to NC for Thanksgiving next week. She is black with yellow eyes--hence my avatar.

OK--I have to get back to work. I hope everyone has a great week. My eating seems to be getting back on track and I am starting to feel "clean" again! It's a good feeling.

Susan
Old 11-18-2002, 01:03 PM   #12  

Hi!

Thank all of you for the kind works and thoughts...you really made me feel special. I am slowly coming out of my blues and also getting my strength back a little. At least I am spending less time in bed and taking fewer pain pills.

Zanne: Thank you for your nice words/

Music Teach: You are right that we are very fortunate in the scheme of things. I will be happy when we are even luckier and things get boring around here.

Monet: I do appreciate the prayers, we have needed them. I have been seeing posts about you needing to be in bed. I am sorry that I was not able to go back and find out why. Do you mind repeating the information?

BOB: My goodness! Congrats on the major weight loss! We have been back in Texas since Nov. 4th and will be here until next spring. It is fun to be able to see two fall color changes in one year.

Gracious: Yes, we are all glad that the injuries were not even worse which they could have easily have been. Please keep us up to date about the tests. You know we are pulling for you.

Beth: After being in the hospital just three days, I can see how one can quickly lose their modesty but I agree....sheese!

Fillise: Thank you also for your concern for me. On the subject of traveling with cats....We take our cats back and forth to North Carolina and they do just fine. The vet said not to feed them or give them water the night before the trip and not to let them out of the crate until you are safely in the hotel room. I take a litter box and litter with me and have it made up before I let them out and they do great. If, on occasion they get unsettled, we put a light cloth over the crate and that seems to make them happy. We did not start traveling with them until they were in their teens(14 and 15 years old now) and we have not had any problems
with accidents, etc. Good luck with your trip.

Cherylco: Thank you for the good thoughts and wishes.

Debbie: The accident was near Asheville. We were just going along happily enjoying the fall color. Things will be okay again...soon, I hope. All this shopping talk is making me think I need to get busy and think about Christmas shopping. I hope my family will take pity on me and not expect too much this year. Maybe catalogues will be my best friend this time.

CountryMom: The accident was very scarry. Now, we will need to drive through Houston toGalveston next Monday to visit my daughter and her husband for Thanksgiving. I hope my poor husband is a very tolerant mood since I am an absolute basket case in the car these days.

Tranquil: The doctor says is may be 3 to 4 mounts before the collar bone is healed. I went to the health store and bought some products that are suppose to be helpful in speeding up the process.

Serene: A new job with someone you know.....sounds great!

Jack-K: I stayed on program while in the hospital from the car accident and gained 7 pounds. I was most miffed but it has already disappeared and I hope the same thing happens to the pounds that showed up on the scale for you. I am glad the cruise was fun.

Linworthlady: Welcome! We live part of the year in North Carolina and have had a few occasions to visit Charleston. If it is as wonderful to live there as it is to visit, you are a very blessed lady.

Bye for now,
Old 11-18-2002, 01:34 PM   #13  

Thanks for the welcome everyone.
Debbie-I don't know how you can exist on so little sleep. I hope you got a nap today. Thanks for all the time you spend with this board.
Solshine-Your dog is a cutie. I have a 9 y.o. beagle named Grace--she is loved and spoiled by the whole family.
Jackie-The cruise sounds so wonderful. I've never been on one but now some of them leave out of Charleston. Wish I had the $$ to hop on one of the big boats.
Yellowrose/Lyn-Your weight loss is phenomenal! I hope you feel much better after the accident. It all sounds very scary and I'm glad you were not hurt worse. Where do you stay in NC?
Filise-Sorry to hear about your friend. We are huge Buckeye fans and I am excited/worried about our last game on Saturday. We'll be watching it at a sports bar with the Lowcountry Alumni Club.
Thanks to everyone I missed for the welcome and I look forward to learning from you.
Linworthlady's poll: Is it OK to eat an egg everyday?
Old 11-18-2002, 02:13 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Boy I go away and all sorts of "oldies" return to the board. How nice to hear from all of you again.

Looks like I have missed out. Guess I'm going to have to try to skim the board from last week to find out what's going on.

Linworthlady- Welcome to our board. This is a great place for support and friendship. I know I sure couldn't do this w/o these people. I look forward to getting to know you.

Aleka, Welcome. I guess you came on board while I was away. We were crusing the EAstern Caribbean, St. Thomas, St. Maaran, San Juan & the Bahamas.

GloryIBe, Welcome back. It is good to hear from you again. We all know where to come don't we?

Solshine. Glad you are posting again. Your puppy is adorable.

Fillise, I think all our SEC teams are doing stupid things. I sure wouldn't want to sit in the cold and rain to watch that either. Maybe next week. Sorry about your friend from church. You're right, we just never know.

YellowRose, First, it is so nice to hear from you again. I take it you have been in some sort of car accident and hospitalized. Hope nothing too serious. Anyone else hurt?

Gracious, What tests? Hope nothing serious. Fill me in please.

Later,

Jackie
257/164??/145 I'm not changing it until I get back there.
Old 11-18-2002, 02:23 PM   #15  

Just popping on to say that I have reverted back from all my crazy eating schemes to SugarBusters! I had planned on switching back once I got to goal but I keep falling off the wagon by eating so freaky. Even I can't eat *just* protein for 2 weeks and not have a response of some kind...a carb response that is! So here we go, I know this is best but I just needed to be reminded that slow and steady wins the race.

DEBELLI- I finally tried those Chinese Pears and they are simply delicious! They taste like a cross between an apple and a pear and are so sweet, almost candy-like.

MONET- Glad to hear you are doing better and even got out to church. I am sure that enouraged your heart to be with God's people!

YELLOWROSE- I read your message there and now I can't remember what tests you are referring to! I understand about your being scared in the car still. Nearly 2 years ago I had a man run a red light and turn my mini-van over with me and my 2 boys inside. We were all hanging upside down and they were crying and so terrified. I was nervous being in the car after that for quite awhile...not afraid of my own driving but everyone elses!

LINWORTHLADY- Welcome to the board! This is an awesome place and helps keep you on plan with the support.

FILLISE- You are so right, we never know when our time is up here. I think people should really take that fact to heart and consider if they are truly ready to die or not, spiritually speaking. Very sobering indeed.

JACK-K- Welcome back! Glad you had such a great time. Tose 10 lbs will be gone soon enough, at least you enjoyed yourself and made an attempt to eat well. So you went nude on the nude beach too or what?!

Gotta run. Making pajamas for my littlest son and I have to cut that pattern out before dinner.
Closed Thread