Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2002, 08:11 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default Week of Nov 17!!!!!

Been up since 5am cuz little munchkin was banging at the door for grits!!!!!I guess she is preparing us to getting up early even on the weekends!!!!!I have been cleaning out closets--getting rid of small clothes and inventoring what she needs for the winter...It is 36 today..soo we went out and bought her a coat for this year!!!!!

WEll, off to get me and Kaylee some breakfast and then making a list to complete the Christmas shopping..It is down to just the nitty gritty things!!! Karen--glad U got yours done!!!!
RR

Last edited by RoadRunner; 11-17-2002 at 08:13 AM.
Old 11-17-2002, 08:58 AM   #2  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good morning all. I had to get up twice during the night to clean up garbage. Our older dog kept getting into it. I don't know what was wrong with her. She hasn't done that in years.

RR: 36 degrees? It's not even that cold here yet. Have fun finishing up your Christmas shopping.

We are going to go see Harry Potter this morning so I gotta go look up the times. Have a good Sunday!!
Old 11-17-2002, 01:06 PM   #3  
Donna

Just stopping in really quick to say ALL YOU PEOPLE WITH YOUR CHRISTMAS SHOPPING DONE ARE CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been lurking, not doing too well and not sure what to do about it. My mom's b-day party is next Saturday and we're almost ready for it. The best part is we're getting a lot of the little stuff done around the house that we've been putting off.

My sisters are coming over and we're going to see "Star Wars - Episode II" on the Imax screen at work this afternoon, it sould be fun.

Have a great week everyone.
Old 11-17-2002, 09:11 PM   #4  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Sorry I didn't get on earlier today to stick the new thread, was busy cleaning, and then had to go take mom out for b-day dinner...but they tricked me, it was my shower!!! They had me going until I was out of the shower and DH said, are you gonna put your face on for your mom's b-day? I said, yeah, I guess I could, and then it hit me...the last time someone said that to me was the day of my wedding shower, my mom said, aren't you gonna put a little makeup on?! So of course I had to make sure my hair was blown out and looking pretty good, and the makeup was all done up. It was nice, but quite a few people didn't show, or couldn't make it. Got a lot of nice stuff, but not everything we need. I'm not complaining too much, but you know, you register for stuff and then people don't get it for you.

Tech- I'm from your school of thought...haven't started my Christmas shopping yet!! I'll be in the mall a week or so before Christmas making a made rush to get it done. Thankfully we don't have many to buy for.

Karen- Hmm, maybe the dog is sensing the baby and getting into trouble? My cat hasn't changed a bit, but I know a lot of people's animals that do.

RR- You are on crack, almost done with your Christmas shopping!! 36 degrees?!?! Was that just early this AM? I mean, we've gotten cold, but I don't think we've had a day were it's been below 40 something during the day!!

Have a great day tomorrow all!!
Old 11-18-2002, 05:37 AM   #5  

Hey...it was below 30 during the night and 36 that morning!!! It is now 40!!! a friend loaned me her cape since my belly is too big for a coat!!!!

Lauren--Out of the 52 presents I got on Friday(have a big unit that I work on) none came off my registry!!!I went that afternoon and bought my crib and cradle sheets for emergencies!!I did delete some things cuz it was stuff I had registered for but came from other stores...not exactly the stuff but wonderful anyways!!!My mom gave Kaylee her first real gold solid bracelet for her picture!!!It is simply beautiful!!!

Well, must run!!! GOt both jobs today and have to be there on time!!!
RR
Old 11-18-2002, 11:29 PM   #6  
Hollywood Homebody

hi all

picked up the keys to my house today. yay! moving day is this sunday. car is still on schedule for completion on the 20th but i'm not holding my breath. last time they called me every day for 2 weeks telling me it'd be ready and then suddenly within 48 hours the insurance company had declared it a total loss. but i put a stop to THAT.

hope all the moms are doing well. getting down to the wire! you all must be excited. me, i'm just happy i'll finally be able to cook again. i've been downloading so many recipes into master cook. some of them sound so good. i can't wait to test out some of my new calphalon pots and pans i didn't even get a chance to use yet.

as for xmas shopping, all i can say is god bless the internet!!
Old 11-19-2002, 08:11 AM   #7  

Hi all, I'm doing much better here. I finally got an attitude adjustment. Actually I went and bought some new running shoes. There's a small specialty store here just for runners and they take the time to really help you. It was great and I bought a pair that fits so much better than my last ones. Over the weekend I went to the mall and tried on some clothes. I couldn't believe it -- everything fit me. I can say I'm officially a size 12 now. Last time I shopped in June I could only fit into a few 12's. So even though the scale is still reading the same I know now that there are changes occurring in my body.

To the mommies, keep on taking good care of yourselves. A friend of mine is 6 mos along and I got to feel her baby kicking on Saturday night. It was amazing. I think it was the first time I've ever gotten to feel that before. Too strange. I just don't think I could handle that!!

LA, congrats on the new home. If you find any real winning recipes let us know what they are.

Tech, I'm with you -- Christmas shopping already?!?! I have a small family so I don't start until December. My mom is one of those who starts in February.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!
Liz
Old 11-19-2002, 09:01 AM   #8  
LBH

Hi All,

Liz- My mom is the one that starts finding all the presents she bought during the year around April!! We always say we celebrate Christmas in April!!

LA- Yeah!! Definitely let us know if you find any really good recipes. I have to say, the best pumpkin pie recipe I've ever had I got off allrecipes.com, it's called Mrs. Sigg's Pumpkin Pie, if you wanna try it. I made it with fresh pumpkin that I cooked in my pressure cooker nad then pureed in the food processor last year. I had enough for 4 pumpkin pies from one pumpkin (a "cheese" pumpkin they called it, I grew up calling them "milk" pumpkins.) Homemade crust also...got rave reviews!

RR- We got a check in the mail yesterday from DH's Uncle and Aunt in Fla., enough to buy one of the car seats!! We're definitely excited about that. DH suggested we do a savings account with it or something instead, since we won't need the car seat for about 6 months or longer...dependign on how fast he grows.

Have a great day all!!
Old 11-19-2002, 09:07 AM   #9  
LBH

Forgot to mention...

We had childbirth class last night, and one of the girls had her baby!! She was due Dec. 10th, but her water broke at 5:00 AM Friday, and she had the baby somewhere around 11 PM Saturday night. It was a girl, 4 lbs, 11oz., tiny, but she's doing well, and they came home yesterday. The ironic thing about it was, we had just talked about L&D last week, and how we were going to start working on birth plans this week, and she was saying she's a really anal, perfectionist, and she needed things to go her way!! Instructer said she called her at 6:00 AM begging her to come to the hospital to be her coach, but she was on her way out of town and couldn't. The instructor did find her someone though, and got her through. She goes to the same midwife we go to, the one that said she's never on vacation...well, she's been on vacation for the past week, so the evil Dr. G. had to deliver!! Instructor said apparently he was great though...let her go over 24 hrs. to delivery after her water broke, which most doctors won't allow. That made me feel better, just in case.

Anyway, I thought I'd throw that out there...things are getting sooo close!! AAAAHHHHH!!!
Old 11-19-2002, 10:19 AM   #10  

Hi all. Well, the amnio is this afternoon and I am SO nervous. Everything I've read says you don't feel the needle, but still. Ugh.

LA: Congrats on the house. Hope the car keeps going well. The 20th is tomorrow so hopefully you will have it back soon!! Hope the recipees are good. New cookware to try out hmm. Sounds like fun. I have a new stockpot to try. I bought the stuff to make Gumbo but I haven't started yet. Better get cracking soon.

LBH: Wow, you guys are so close!! I have so l-o-n-g to go. I dreamed that the baby was a girl last night. Every other time I've dreamed about it it's been a boy.

Liz: Cool on the size 12's. That is totally awesome. Hopefully this summer I will be able to start loosing again.

Have a great day all!!
Old 11-19-2002, 11:50 AM   #11  

Karen--Good Luck today....Rest and stay calm like they say!! Post when the best rest is up....

I am at home today..starting with contractions last night around 1am that made my back hurt like !!! I think the 12 hr shift on my feet was a little too much...I dont feel contractions in the front just from my back down my leg then moving to the front...I decided to stay home...write thank you notes...nest in the baby's room, pack my suitcase and diaper bag and just stay in pajamas all day....I have the cradle ready..just not the baby bed..It is decorated but the mattress is not opened or the sheets washed or the crib pad washed etc etc...I will do that when I get home with Kaylee since she will be in the cradle!!!!!

Take care all!!!

Liz--It is wild when U feel movement..THe weirdest is the hiccups(5-6 times/24hrs) and then the stretching..I know the baby is head down and facing forward cuz when she stretches..I have 2 elbows pocking out down below and 2 skinny feet on either side of the belly button...It is definately like the X-Files when they shift in the tiny space they are in!!!It was nice at first..but now the toes in the ribcage are a little painful but I love it all!!!!
RR
Old 11-19-2002, 02:09 PM   #12  
LBH

RR- WOW, on the body parts!! I guess with all my extra fluff I don't see that. Maybe in another month I will. I did notice that he must've been sticking his butt out last night, because my stomach, right above my belly button, kind of hurt, like it was stretching or something, and was reallly hard right there. At my shower Sunday, he almost had me incapacitated for a few minutes because he had maybe a hand or his head or something shoved to the left, I actually couldn't stand up straight, it hurt too bad. Do you know what I'm talking about? I had to literally push on my stomach down low on the left to get him to move so I could stand up straight and walk!!

Karen- Good luck this afternoon!! Hope everything goes well and you're able to stay nice and calm. Get lots of rest when you come home!
Old 11-19-2002, 05:08 PM   #13  

Hi guys. Well, it wasn't so bad!! It didn't even sting like when they take blood. Just an awful pressure for a minute (OK, 10 seconds but it felt like a minute at the time!!). When I felt that they were saying "OK the fluid is coming out nicely" so I didn't feel the stick at all. I just tried to keep up nice steady breathing and relax the tummy muscles. I felt sorry for DH (not enough to let him out of the room though ). He had his glasses off and his head buried in his arms while he was holding my hand.

I rested at MIL's while he replaced a couple outlets for her. Now I am ensconsed on the couch and I intend to stay here for the rest of evening except for a short foray into the tub!!

RR: Whew, that sounds rough!! Elbows and feet, huh!! What joys I have to look forward to. I told DH the other night to remind me that I had been anxious to feel the movement when I am complaining about feet in the ribs!!

Lauren: You too!! I'm glad you two are here going through all of this before me. That way I know what to expect!!

Have a great evening. I am now officially known as the couch princess!!
Old 11-20-2002, 05:02 AM   #14  

Karen---Take it easy and just be the princess for a while until after the 24hrs have passed or however long they tell U to rest..Protect little peanut!!!!!

No more back pain after resting all day and I have everything packed and ready!!Dh was surprised that everything was completed!!!14 more days and MIL will be here and I will be less nervous if something happens at night...It would be tough to wake up 2 kids and remember the suitcase and everything to get to the hospital..My mom said she wanted to be with her little girl and not a babysitter!!!!
Have a great day everyone!!!!
RR
Old 11-20-2002, 10:54 AM   #15  

You all crack me up with how prepared you are bags packed for the hospital and all. With Weston I had a planned inducement, so I did pack a few things at 4 a.m. (we had to be there at 5). With Alex I was out shopping with a friend, stopped by the Dr office for my weekly check-up and he was concerned about my Blood Pressure and told me to go check in that he'd probably induce me the next day. I walked over to the hospital, got check-in and called DH. Told him to bring me my phase-10 cards that I was calling some of the youth group kids and they were coming to the hospital to play cards with me. All thru the night (I did start labor on my own) I'd send DH home every hour or so to get something else for me like....oh I need some make-up - go fetch, or oh...I need something to wear - go fetch, oh...I need a book - go fetch. Its a good thing we're just 20 min. from the hospital.
So anyway, I'm just extreemly impressed with you gals.

I have a ton of things to do today - guess I better get on with it.
- jul
Closed Thread