General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-21-2009, 08:39 PM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Is Yours OLD & WRINKLED Too?

Boy mine sure is!

It could use some oil too...it has been a long time!

She hasn't been out to play in years.

What about yours?

Played with it lately?

Knucklehead nephew called tonight and said he is trying out for the NAVY softball team at his base. He told me he didn't have a glove but they had good ones at the K-Mart for $20...

I almost fell out of my chair! My first glove, a Wilson back in 1964 cost $30! I know because I had to earn half of it!

I told him I would send him my high school ball glove....started out for hardball and became a softball glove. I told him it was a Rico Carty glove...

he said..."WHO?"....

At first I figured it was because he never played baseball in all the years I raised him....mostly soccer and a lot of tennis....let's just say the kid couldn't catch or hit...we had to redirect his energy....

Anyway, I then figured out he didn't know Rico Carty because his last game was 30 years ago....

I pulled the glove down from the garage shelf...

wish I could still throw but the right shoulder has rotator cuff issues...

playing catch with my son a while back I had to have him slow it down because the ball would just "explode" when it got within 15 feet of me....

dang eyes going too...

the glove still fits...

but it's old and wrinkly....needs some oil...

how about yours?

I sure miss those days of catch with my kids...

so does my son....

brought that up the other night at the sports bar...

things change...
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 08:45 PM   #2  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Hubby bought me a new glove on mothers day. I have loved playing catch with my kids all summer. My last glove was when I was 12 and my hands have grown since then!

ETA I even showed off at thge batting cages a few weeks ago! They never knew that mom could hit a home run! Mind you DS Jacob reminded me that I needed a sub-runner. LOL love the honesty of babes!

Last edited by JuliaDH; 08-21-2009 at 08:48 PM.
JuliaDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 09:59 PM   #3  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

My first one was a Pete Rose-who else when you grew up only 30 miles from the Big Red Machine!? My dad always would play with us-it was the only sport he played then because of a broken hip in high school-we had to use trees for bases because there were no baseball fields near us and we lived in a thick woods! NOOOOOO sliding!!! Those were the good old days.... unfortunately, the glove got chewed up by one of our dogs several years ago-such is life-bet it would have gone on ebay for a lot at one time.......
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 11:28 PM   #4  

As soon as I saw the title on the "Latest Forum Posts" I knew it was EZ!
Darby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 11:38 PM   #5  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliaDH View Post
.... Mind you DS Jacob reminded me that I needed a sub-runner. LOL love the honesty of babes!
In the ASA around here they call them "courtesy runners"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronni62 View Post
My first one was a Pete Rose-who else when you grew up only 30 miles from the Big Red Machine!? My dad always would play with us-it was the only sport he played then because of a broken hip in high school-we had to use trees for bases because there were no baseball fields near us and we lived in a thick woods! NOOOOOO sliding!!! Those were the good old days.... unfortunately, the glove got chewed up by one of our dogs several years ago-such is life-bet it would have gone on ebay for a lot at one time.......
One of my best friends, growing up, was a huge Pete Rose fan....wonder what ever happened to him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darby1 View Post
As soon as I saw the title on the "Latest Forum Posts" I knew it was EZ!
Ha! Darby I do have a reputation...not always a good one
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote