Old 08-20-2009, 04:10 PM   #1  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

Talking I can see clearly now, the FOG is gone!

This is finally it. Joined MRC last Wednesday 8/12/09 and began the preparation menu for 1 week. And yippy -- lost 5.5 pounds before I really even begin the real thing. How great is that? Starting at 243 and one week later to 237.50. So I am encouraged and really feeling like I can shed these 100 lbs. Officially begin on Mon 8/24/09.

It's not that I hate myself at this weight, but am noticing more and more the way I let it hold me back. And in my mind, I am still as active and ready to do things as I was in my 20s, but the body just does not agree at age 57!

Found that out the hard way last fall when I went with my friend, Rhonda, to kayak down Sugar Creek (never had done that in my life). She thought we should do the 15 mile trip -- !was on the creek for 9 hours! -- I thought I just might die by the next day! Crazy thing is, I really want to do it again.

Plus, I have always been a people person, and try to avoid running into anyone that has not seen me for awhile, cause I am afraid of what they will think. I hate that -- just not really me!

And then too, I am type 2 diabetic -- AND TRULY don't want that to be the end of me. So I feel finally ready to make some pretty dramatic changes like my hero, Rush Limbaugh, who lost 82 pounds just since March -- INCREDIBLE. Well, afterall, he is a man, so it may not be that easy for me, but that is fine. Taking it as it comes.

Want to be healthier, stronger, sharper, less likely to injure myself, and the last thing -- TOTALLY HOT! Seems like the fairest thing I can give my husband, so here I go . . . .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg me.jpg (19.4 KB, 28 views)
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 04:54 PM   #2  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 239.5/232.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy2MeNu View Post
This is finally it. Joined MRC last Wednesday 8/12/09 and began the preparation menu for 1 week. And yippy -- lost 5.5 pounds before I really even begin the real thing. How great is that? Starting at 243 and one week later to 237.50. So I am encouraged and really feeling like I can shed these 100 lbs. Officially begin on Mon 8/24/09.

It's not that I hate myself at this weight, but am noticing more and more the way I let it hold me back. And in my mind, I am still as active and ready to do things as I was in my 20s, but the body just does not agree at age 57!

Found that out the hard way last fall when I went with my friend, Rhonda, to kayak down Sugar Creek (never had done that in my life). She thought we should do the 15 mile trip -- !was on the creek for 9 hours! -- I thought I just might die by the next day! Crazy thing is, I really want to do it again.

Plus, I have always been a people person, and try to avoid running into anyone that has not seen me for awhile, cause I am afraid of what they will think. I hate that -- just not really me!

And then too, I am type 2 diabetic -- AND TRULY don't want that to be the end of me. So I feel finally ready to make some pretty dramatic changes like my hero, Rush Limbaugh, who lost 82 pounds just since March -- INCREDIBLE. Well, afterall, he is a man, so it may not be that easy for me, but that is fine. Taking it as it comes.

Want to be healthier, stronger, sharper, less likely to injure myself, and the last thing -- TOTALLY HOT! Seems like the fairest thing I can give my husband, so here I go . . . .
Welcome! This is a great place to get encouragement.
lmickley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 05:04 PM   #3  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Welcome to 3FC!!! This is an awesome site where you'll find support/encouragement/recipes, and just good laughs sometimes!! I look forward to seeing your posts/progress.
noahsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 08:31 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/201/160

Height: 5' 7"

In the event you are not trolling here and ridiculing the poor overweight women who died in the kayak accident, I'll wish you good luck in your weight loss.
Dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 08:45 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Welcome Joy2meNu!!
Karen1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 08:15 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 362.5/see ticker/180

Height: 6'0

Welcome to the club! I am so happy for you! Stay encouraged...There are awesome people here who will give you great support...
kaylasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 11:49 AM   #7  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

Awesome. Thanks so much everyone!
Old 08-21-2009, 01:08 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 188/151.5/141

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy2MeNu View Post

Welcome aboard I want to wish you the best of luck.
angelofsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 02:57 PM   #9  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

okay, gonna give this a shot:

Old 08-26-2009, 01:18 PM   #10  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

okay, did my first official weigh-in today. down 9 pounds in 2 weeks. I think this is workin!

Last edited by Joy2MeNu; 08-26-2009 at 01:18 PM.