Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 01:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 211/205/160

Height: 5'6"

Default YOU: diet...August/September Chatter....

Hi there everyone, new person here! Sorry if I posted against rules or anything as I didn't see a August/September thread and was wanting to see how y'all are doing.

So..how are ya doing?

What do you eat for YOAD snacks?

Breakfast ideas?

How about lunches?

Dinner?

What do you eat while on the go when you need grab & go foods?
Old 08-18-2009, 07:34 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 256/203/150

Height: 5'5"

Breakfast ideas.....hmmmmm. A egg soft boiled on a piece of ezekiel english muffin. A scrambled egg omelet with onions and green bell peppers in a ezekiel tortilla rolled up.....my newest favorite but it doesn't stick as well as the eggs is 1/2 cup of cottage cheese with diced peaches.

Snacks.....my favorite is celery sticks with hummus as a dip.....yummy

I have been reading Jullian Michels Master your Metabolism.....she is pretty close to the doc's plan so I try to modify.

Thanks for starting the thread.....I think I might be it unless someone pops back on to start postig again.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:17 PM   #3  

Oh, sorry, I wasn't clear in my message. I wasn't looking for a list of ideas, I was hoping to hear what others eat each day on the YOAD plan..like what did you eat today for B, L, and D? I find it helpful to hear what others eat each day as it sometimes gives me ideas of things that I'd not thought of before. Thank you for your reply.

Last edited by itsabouttime2; 08-19-2009 at 06:18 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:08 PM   #4  

B - Scrambled egg beaters on Ezekiel english muffin with a little bit of smart balance spread.
L - Stuffed Green Pepper (stuffed with quiona, diced tomatoes, mushrooms, onions and a little bit of low fat mazorella cheese) and mixed vegetables.
S - Homemade roasted almonds (22 pieces)
D - Baked Talipia (6 oz) and green beans
S - banana
102 oz of water and plain black coffee

I do a lot of pick and stick but on a weekly basis. I found if I avoid the artificial sweetner (splenda included) I don't have the cravings. I also use SparksPeople to track my food to give me a good idea of balance....something I need to work on. :0 Hope this helps.
Old 08-20-2009, 06:44 PM   #5  

Thanks, it does! Your stuffed peppers reminded me that I've not made stuffed cabbage rolls in a long time and that we've not made fish in awhile either.

When I tried Ezekiel break a few years ago, I could only buy it frozen in health food stores. I nuked it, but still couldn't get it to taste fresh. Do you buy your's frozen?

My today menu....

B) Shredded Wheat, raisins, 1% milk, high pulp orange juice

L) low fat cheese on whole wheat bread with olive oil mayo, no sugar added applesauce

D) chicken tenderloins, brown rice, broccoli

Snacks) raw almonds, green olives, small can tomato juice

6-8 glasses of water
Old 08-21-2009, 07:53 PM   #6  

Oh....on the ezkiel bread, you have to keep it in the refrigerator or it will spoil. It was a little different at first but I crave it now. I usual toast mine but yes, I buy it frozen and let it thaw in the refrigerator. I was so bummed to pay that much money for a loaf of bread that didn't last but about 3 days on the counter. I can't remember who I talked to but they said because it is considered 'protein' that is why you keep it refrigerated.
B - Greek yogurt and a banana sliced up in the yogurt (I like peaches more than the banana in my yogurt)
L - Roasted chicken breast, green beans, sauted onions, wild greens salad with oil and vinegar dressing and 1 cup of melon cubes
D - Shrimp scampi over quiona
102 oz of water
Old 08-25-2009, 07:29 AM   #7  

Down 1.2 pounds this week. Things are starting to slow down but at least the weight is going down. Yay!!!!
Old 08-25-2009, 04:15 PM   #8  

Congrats on the 1.2 lb loss!! I lost 1 1/2 lbs too and then went out to eat last night and gained it back! So darned frustrating!! Here's what I ate....

B) Simply Jif on ww bread..no sugar added orange juice
L) forgot to eat, wasn't hungry
D) Chipotle's..rice (they don't have brown, so had a little white) beans, pico, guac, lettuce
Snack) blueberries in skim milk & Splenda, spoonful of Simply Jif, walnuts
Old 08-28-2009, 06:47 PM   #9  
Lovin' Zumba!

Hi gals - glad to see you still posting here. I've been lurking - I just can't seem to get my YOAD mojo back - and Lord knows I need to.... I have a trip back home to MI over Labor Day weekend, but after that I will definitely have to buckle down. I'm so not happy with my weight as of late... My big challenge will be do get DH back on program - he is an eating-out junky - somehow he thinks eating out is always better than eating in!

itsabouttime - do you mind if I ask your first name? It's so much easier to call someone by their actual name! Anyway, congrats on your good start. You may want to consider getting some lean protein into your breakfasts and lunches - it will help the whole grains to "stick to your ribs" longer and you won't be hungry.
Also, check the label on your Simply Jif - I think the sugar content is a bit high. You may want to check out Smart Balance natural peanut butter. It's less "oily" then some other natural brands, and pretty good. Yes, less sugar makes it less sweet and tasty, but your taste buds will adjust - plus you will be less likely to overdo it with pb.

Hiya Kim - keep up the good work!
Cindy
Old 08-28-2009, 06:55 PM   #10  
Lovin' Zumba!

My favorite breakfast is steel-cut oats, with an apple chopped into in, along with a scoop of vanilla protein powder. Or, "pastel" eggs - a whole egg plus 3 egg whites, scrambled, along with whole wheat toast and orange juice. I also enjoy Kashi GoLean cereal with milk.

Lunch is often a can of tuna, mixed with a bit of mayo and pickle relish. I eat that on Triscuits or AkMak (a whole wheat cracker). Or, salad with lots of veggies and poached chicken breast.
Cindy
Old 08-29-2009, 01:30 AM   #11  

Cindy.....I am on this crazy plan with no white stuff....sugar, artificial sweetner, cereal or soy products. Thyroid isn't working as it should so I have to stay away from the stuff Ilove until I have labs done to talk about medication. Honestly....this time is easier by staying away from the artificial sweetner....the sugar crave has almost totally disappeared. I still have my days where I crave a pizza of any kind but I still have 3 more weeks. Glad to see you haven't forgotten us.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:09 AM   #12  
Lovin' Zumba!

Hey, there's always whole wheat Boboli! I use that with a low-sugar pizza sauce and some low-fat mozzarella to get my pizza fix. Around here only one of four grocery stores carry the ww one, so you may have to look around to find it. But, it will help you to get your pizza fix!

When are you getting your labs done again? I hear you about the artificial sweetener - and that's what the studies show - that they make you crave sugar more, since your body knows it didn't really get sugar!
Cindy
Old 08-29-2009, 10:06 PM   #13  

Labs will get done on the 14th of September. Ezekiel breads are the only ones I can have. Its okay, I am starting to get used to it.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:29 AM   #14  

Down 2.2 pounds this week! I will take it!!!!!
Old 09-07-2009, 09:50 PM   #15  

Hi gals!! Been busy, but still sticking to plan! Sure is hard eating out though! My DH is an eating out junkie too..lol..and I like it also, but not as often as he does.

Cindy...My first name is Donna, thanks for asking. Simply Jif is a good product..only 2g sugar per 2T..and I only need 1T for that's enough. I don't like the taste of Smart Balance pb, but we do use their buttery spread.

If you gals haven't tried Olive Oil mayo yet, it's good! I only use it now. I prefer Hellman's brand. Kraft makes it too though.

Saw where Rhodes frozen breads has 100% whole wheat bake & serve rolls, ww Texas toast and ww bread. My grocery didn't' have any of those though..darn! I'll see if they can get them in.

Do any of you know if anyone makes whole wheat frozen waffles? Some of them say it is on the package front, but they're tricking you when you read the ingredients! Darn them!

Well..I'm down 5lbs in August and shooting for 7 more in September. We went for two exercise walks today, morning and evening plus grocery shopping. Sure makes a person feel good! )

Kim, I hope your thyroid and lab all turns out good and it's an easy fix! You'll feel better when it gets worked out.

Sweet dreams gals!!

~ Donna
Closed Thread