Old 08-20-2009, 02:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 166/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Question Disney Trip

My family is going to Disney in a few weeks and I was curious if anyone had been while on the program. I'm wondering if they let you bring your HNS (still packaged) and supplements into the parks. When we went years ago I remember them searching your bags when you entered. I am so hoping I can get the HSN inside!
funshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 03:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/120

They do search your bags, but not too thoroughly, if you stuff your food into the bottom in like a small makeup case or something I bet you're fine, or under a sweater in bottom of bag....
They are sticklers mostly about water bottles and soda, they'll make you throw them away if they see them.
happeningf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 05:18 PM   #3  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

In response to the above:
Last time we went to Disney, we actually saw them take and throw away a lady's sandwich. They said since it was stuffed in the bottom, it looked like she was trying to hide it and that made it suspiscious. She kind of tried to explain it was her lunch, but they said sorry and took it anyhow. She was a good sport about it, but I suggest you not try to hide the food in your pack.
stargzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 05:36 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 0/62/67

Height: 5'5"

Here is my suggestion, pack all of your powders or concentrates in a nice looking cosmetic-type bag (you can buy one for a couple of $ at Wal-Mart or Target). Have them lined up nicely in the bag and the bag placed in your backpack, purse, etc. If they end up opening the cosmetic bag (which I doubt they will) tell them that they are high protein dietary supplemts that you are required to take for medical purposes. (Losing weight is a medical issue in my opinion.) They are not going to deny you any sort of "food" that you have to have for dieatry purposes. Just as if you were to have had gasteric bypass and were only allowed to have certain high protein drinks, or if you were to bring baby formula/food into the park they will typically accomdate your needs. I think that if they do come across it and you act like it's no big deal, and as long as you're not trying to hide it, they won't be suspicious and they won't think twice about letting you in with it.

Last edited by E4FEwife; 08-20-2009 at 05:37 PM.
E4FEwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 06:02 PM   #5  

Yeah I don't know, I can't guarantee anything... but I have annual passes and go often and they are always barely looking through my bag all nonchalantly and I always feel like I can get away with a bomb or gun in my bag if I wanted to... it also helps if you go at a busy time and they are busy and exhausted with a long line of people with bags to look through.

I can't imagine they will make you throw out pre-packaged dietary foods if you say they are neccessary, if you cause a fit at Dland they let you get away with murder, I used to work there, and the guest is always right as long as you ***** and scream enough
Old 08-20-2009, 06:04 PM   #6  

Find a young bored kid to go through, not a mean old strict lady who's been working there for 50 years and acts like she's with the CIA, that helps too

Also, you know you can get into the park via the Monorail? And skip those people all together. You give your ticket to the cast member at Downtown disney monorail station and they scan you in, I don't remember them even looking at your bags around there.
Old 08-20-2009, 06:09 PM   #7  

FROM WEBSITE

Can I bring food into DisneylandŽ Park or Disney's California AdventureŽ Park? Back to Top

With the exception of food items for Guests with specific dietary restrictions, food or beverage items are not permitted into either of the DisneylandŽ Resort theme parks
Old 08-20-2009, 06:11 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 0/62/67

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by happeningf View Post
FROM WEBSITE

Can I bring food into DisneylandŽ Park or Disney's California AdventureŽ Park? Back to Top

With the exception of food items for Guests with specific dietary restrictions, food or beverage items are not permitted into either of the DisneylandŽ Resort theme parks
AHA! So that is the answer, we have very SPECIFIC dietary needs; bring a copy of your menu if need be.
E4FEwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:28 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 166/ticker/135

Thanks for all the advice. I'm gonna go for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by happeningf View Post
Find a young bored kid to go through, not a mean old strict lady who's been working there for 50 years and acts like she's with the CIA, that helps too
That really made me laugh. And it's exactly my plan if we don't go in on the Monorail.
funshine is offline   Reply With Quote