Old 08-08-2009, 12:43 AM   #1  
Marina

S/C/G: 317/286/190

Height: 5'9

Default Faux Big Macs!

It has been a minute since I have eaten at McDonalds but anytime I start eating healthy, the first thing I crave are BIG MACS! I put some time into this, made them tonight and the ENTIRE family loved them! The best part is, this recipe took me 15 minutes from start to finish...enjoy!

1 package of Jenny-O Lean Ground Turkey Patties (You can also use the extra lean ground turkey)
1/4 onion
Garlic Powder
Pepper to taste
Sea Salt
Fat Free Thousand Island Dressing (Kraft)
Sara Lee Heart Healthy Hamburger Buns
Reduced Fat Shredded Cheese or slices if you can find them

Sprinkle patties w/ garlic powder, pepper and a dash of sea salt (you can omit if you are watching your sodium intake). Cook patties until fully cooked. While patties are grilling, I take a 1/4 of an onion and put it in my mini food processor, grab a handful of lettuce and chop it real fine. Once patties are cooked I assemble: pattie, shredded cheese (I used 2 tbsp on mine) then I put a dollop of the dressing w/ onions and top w/ lots of lettuce!

This truly hits the spot when you are craving something "bad"! LOL I overheard my 10yr old talking about how good her moms Big Macs were!

Last edited by ThickAZChick; 08-08-2009 at 11:01 AM.
ThickAZChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 03:19 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 172/163/105

Height: 5'1''

thanks for sharing this quick recipe! i loves me my hamburgers! lol
normalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 09:08 PM   #3  
Eyes on the Prize

S/C/G: 350/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

This sounds YUMMY.. Did you happen to calculate the calories for one serving? I grilled some of those Jenny-O patties for my kids the other night and they LOVED them.. I was so happy - am trying to replace some of the things in their diet as I go along, too. Thanks so much for the recipe!
HotWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 11:44 AM   #4  
Marina

S/C/G: 317/286/190

Height: 5'9

I didnt I will say I tried it w/ the Extra Lean Ground Turkey...not so good. I think I will reserve the Extra Lean for my Chili since it has virtually no fat!
ThickAZChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:36 PM   #5  

yummy! I was craving a Big Mac JUST tonight, so this was very timely! Going to give this a try.
getfitchicks is offline   Reply With Quote