General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-19-2009, 10:44 PM   #1  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

Default Octomom

so im watching this 2 hour special on fox. what do you guys think about this? this woman comes off extremely irresponsible. she doesnt seem unintelligent, but she is a bit dim about raising 14 children. i feel somewhat bad for these kids.
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 11:19 PM   #2  
banned

S/C/G: 213/ticker/135

Height: 5'5

I refuse to watch or read anything with her in it.

I just don't understand her. She accepts donations like diapers and clothing, but then turns around and donates them to churches or other charities. People need to ignore her, it's apparent that she just loves being in the media spotlight.
sunflowergirl68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 11:27 PM   #3  
Losing 20! :)

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Height: 5ft 5in

I saw a special on TLC or something about families with atleast 12 children and they have these annual meetings...kinda like networking...Im not a very judgmental person so I dont judge her.....I think the only reason people have sucha problem with her is because hows shes portrayed in the media...My husbands grandmother had 12 kids! Yes 12 and no one boycotted her home....She has 14 kids so what! I dont get why Americans are always so preoccupied with others lives.....Feeding the media and the fact that majority of the time they ALWAYS have something negative to say...

I doubt that her having 14 kids has showed up on our pay checks.....I just think we should be more about helping her and not discouraging her...And yes she is educated...a bachelors or masters in psychology...Shes very intelligent..maybe her parents sucked! And she felt like having kids was the only way she could be loved...Look at if from a EMPATHETIC point of view...and not a SYMPATHETIC or judgmental point of view....
kiahna23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 11:34 PM   #4  
banned

S/C/G: 213/ticker/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiahna23 View Post
I saw a special on TLC or something about families with atleast 12 children and they have these annual meetings...kinda like networking...Im not a very judgmental person so I dont judge her.....I think the only reason people have sucha problem with her is because hows shes portrayed in the media...My husbands grandmother had 12 kids! Yes 12 and no one boycotted her home....She has 14 kids so what! I dont get why Americans are always so preoccupied with others lives.....Feeding the media and the fact that majority of the time they ALWAYS have something negative to say...

I doubt that her having 14 kids has showed up on our pay checks.....I just think we should be more about helping her and not discouraging her...And yes she is educated...a bachelors or masters in psychology...Shes very intelligent..maybe her parents sucked! And she felt like having kids was the only way she could be loved...Look at if from a EMPATHETIC point of view...and not a SYMPATHETIC or judgmental point of view....

It's not that she's being criticized because she has 14 kids, it's because they were all conceived with fertility treatments, she's single, and she's unemployed. If you're unemployed and on disability, you should not have 14 kids, because kids are expensive (and if you can't work, you can't support them), and pay for said fertility treatments with your disability checks. Pregnancy is disabling in and of itself.

it's more people being concerned about the welfare of her children (two of which have autism). It is extremely irresponsible to have that many children if you are single and unemployed. And it also brings into question medical ethics and the nature of IVF, and how much is too much.
sunflowergirl68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 11:36 PM   #5  

you had to see it to believe it.Wow.I would have whooped them kids like its noones business.ridiculous.Them kids dont have a chance with that kind of parenting.
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 11:38 PM   #6  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

it's a comedy right?
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 11:39 PM   #7  

Not judging her for having 14 kids.I dont think she could handle parenting 1.Those kids were OUT OF CONTROL.And I am not talking about the infants.Masters degree?Just goes to show that does not equal intelligence.Seriously, watch this show before commenting.You will probably change your opinion.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:40 PM   #8  

EZ-It was definately a comedy.A very sad, tragic, comedy.Oxymoron?Or just Moron?lol.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:41 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflowergirl68 View Post
It's not that she's being criticized because she has 14 kids, it's because they were all conceived with fertility treatments, she's single, and she's unemployed. If you're unemployed and on disability, you should not have 14 kids, because kids are expensive (and if you can't work, you can't support them), and pay for said fertility treatments with your disability checks. Pregnancy is disabling in and of itself.

it's more people being concerned about the welfare of her children (two of which have autism). It is extremely irresponsible to have that many children if you are single and unemployed. And it also brings into question medical ethics and the nature of IVF, and how much is too much.
I get what your saying and she does crave attention....BUT...I just think people should dislike someone they only know from TV....I hope she does well...She always took care of her other kids....with lots of love...Yes she went to extremes to get more attention but I think we should just observe because the kids are already here....Theres nothing you can do...
Old 08-19-2009, 11:44 PM   #10  

I agree.The kids are here....swearing, smacking her and other, misbehaving,mouthy...I can not believe she would allow that to even be televised.I was embarrassed for her.She is so out of touch with reality.Dr. Phil hit the nail on the head with her.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:45 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrismm View Post
Not judging her for having 14 kids.I dont think she could handle parenting 1.Those kids were OUT OF CONTROL.And I am not talking about the infants.Masters degree?Just goes to show that does not equal intelligence.Seriously, watch this show before commenting.You will probably change your opinion.
If your trying to comment on my take...I know degree doesnt mean intelligence...Well aware of that...And my "opinion" is that its her life...Im watching it right now...She does have it hard...why cant we be empathetic..I look at things from more than just an angry point of view...The kids were out of control but so are my 3 neices! They kick me and hit me and pull my hair...Please tell me this isnt the first time you have seen an out of control child?
Old 08-19-2009, 11:46 PM   #12  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

I made a bad sad joke....I am just 2 hours from her...we saw it happening on the local news when she had the babies, while working out of town....the story is old for me.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 11:47 PM   #13  

No.I also have a masters in nursing(as do you Right?)I have done pleanty of clinical work with mental health adolescents.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:47 PM   #14  

And I also have 3 teenage boys.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:48 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrismm View Post
I agree.The kids are here....swearing, smacking her and other, misbehaving,mouthy...I can not believe she would allow that to even be televised.I was embarrassed for her.She is so out of touch with reality.Dr. Phil hit the nail on the head with her.
The kids at my daughters school do the same thing...I am going to take them out of the school...but my point is this isnt at all uncomon...I saw this lady in the store and her son was kicking the shi#$ out of her! All she said was "stop that brad!"....yea ok! He would have gotten smacked! I hope she gets better and finds a way to handle them...For their sake...Maybe hire a nanny? or 3?