Old 08-19-2009, 09:42 AM   #1  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Default 30 Somethings Daily Chat: Wednesday 8/19

Morning! Happy Hump Day!

Hopefully today will not be as stressful as yesterday. I ended up with chex mix and ice cream for supper. Work was very high stress. I had a baby RUN OUT of milk and formula. Thank God my DH was off yesterday and could run to the drug store to get some. This particular child is often dropped off very quickly and with barely enough supplies. His Mommy often looks very harried and I am concerned for her.

I did manage to call and bother the Doctors office and get an appointment. Yay! Doc ordered some physical therapy and gave me some pain pills for night time.

Today my goal is to count my points all day - not just until lunch and "estimate" after that.

Have a great day!
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 211/181/140

Height: 5'2"

Oiy that's bad to run out of!! yikes

I'm glad you are able to get some relief from your Dr.

It's still early in the day and already I've planned a small cheat for the day! But actually I don't feel too bad about it.... my parents are taking me out for lunch to one of my favorite taco places. I'll be getting chicken tacos (actually quite healthy) but I'm on atkins so shouldn't have the soft taco shell. But I'm gonna anyway.
UniquelyNormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:59 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/213/199

Height: 5'6"

Mornin'

I'm still trying to get over my cold... it's mostly gone by tomorrow!

I did 35 mins on my Wii Fit last night...SO much fun! The balancing games are my favourites!

Playing softball tonight...and definitely not gonna get dinged in the ear again!

Hope everyone's having a great day!
Wifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:29 AM   #4  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

mortonpixie -- I'm so glad you finally got an appointment I hope that you're feeling better soon!

UniquelyNormal -- and I hope that you enjoy every single bite of that soft taco! I bet it'll be delicious.

Wifey -- I love hearing about the Wii Fit. Hubby keeps asking me if I want one but I keep telling him that I have plenty to do right now and that as soon as I feel like I need to make a change or want to add in something different I'll go out and buy it.

(today is apparently the day I try to find appropriate smilies for EVERY DARN thing I say!)

Today I did 30DS level 3 for the first time. I'm going to go post in the 30DS thread in a few minutes with all the gory details, but for now I'll just leave it at this -- I apparently have found new muscles that I didn't even know existed. Oww!!

After that I took the pups for their walk. I'm planning another lunchtime walk. I'm considering going to the barn to hack my horse (hack = work on the flat without jumping fences) but we had a pretty intense lesson yesterday so I may change my mind and give him the day off. I will probably let the rain decide for me. I hate riding in the indoor arena in the summer, so if it rains I'll probably give him the day off.

Breakfast and lunch are set. Today is pasta day! Plus, the hubs made hummus yesterday so I have some hummus and cucumbers with me for my after-lunch snack. Dinner is pork stir fry with steamed rice. I got a new kind of stir fry sauce to try. It's orange glaze with ginger or something like that. I'm excited to try it. It has a very strong (but good) smell to it. I can't decide if it's orangy or gingery, but I think it'll be yummy.

I hope that everyone has a EXHILARATING day!
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 02:49 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 385/339/140

Height: 5ft 7

Hi girls just got off of work, watching a storm brewing in and being thankful for it not really motivated to go walk tonight, just been so draggy lately, I think I am coming down with a cold. uggh I need to get a new scale as when I got on it it read error I was like what! then I stepped on and stepped back on and it had me at 310 I stepped off and stepped back off and it had me at 298 I'm trying not to be a slave to the scale because I know they aren't always right and I need to get motivated to go try on new clothing but as I said I hate to shop Hope the rest of your day goes well.
TracyB73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 04:39 PM   #6  

S/C/G: see tickers

I thought this week would be less stressful than last week and that I'd get back into my routine again. Mind you, it's not that I haven't been exercising, or that I've been overeating, I have just been off schedule. Well, *today* I know I'm overeating. Yesterday afternoon, my MIL, with whom I am very close, called to tell me she has ovarian cancer. I told DH before he went up to their farm for farm chores (which he does almost every night). We're really scared.

I did get my workout in this morning, but I was distracted and the intensity was lower than usual. I did okay with food until after noon, but then it all kind of fell apart. 4 c buttered popcorn and a milk chocolate candy bar (left over from baby shower). It's not so much that I don't let myself eat that stuff, but I had *just* eaten lunch, and I plowed through it in under an hour. I'm drinking decaf coffee now. It's my substitute for when I find myself eating for reasons other than sustenance. I'm not going to beat myself up for overeating, I just want to continue to make healthier choices.

I'm just so scared and angry and . . . scared. This sucks, but I know I can't eat my stress away and that overeating will only compound my discomfort. I thought this might be a good place to vent and get support.

I need to be healthy to be there for our family. Just unloading here is helping.
BlueFruitMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:32 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 385/339/140

Height: 5ft 7

BlueFruit Your family is in my prayers, and perhaps maybe when you feel the urge to binge, maybe walk that is what I do. I was in the mood to take my neighbor up on her offer of a slice, should say more than a slice of, homemade fudge chocolate cake, but I kindly refused and went for a walk then came back and treated myself to a jello 100 cal pudding snack.
TracyB73 is offline   Reply With Quote