Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2002, 06:33 PM   #1  
Eve's Mom

Default Weekend Thread

I figured its after work on Friday so I'd get a weekend thread going! Since I missed the whole day...I finally caught the bug that my co-workers have been passing about. I was the last one and I feel really crappy. Literally...!

Wow, you had a busy day!

Ali - congrats on your successful date. I can't offer advice re: if its a re-bound, etc, since i am lame at the dating game, but have fun!!

Jayne - Ooooo, I had a few days in my life eating like that woman. Yikes.

I love the Chai too! I dno't know anyone else that does until now, of course.

Kier - I wish I got that show -that is way cool! I would love to see Kirsty on TV. cool

Laura - I have had those periods of time too - I even went to teh doc at one point. If you think its serious enough, ask for help. Being depressed can be so destructive on your life. My problem was that I didn't (and still don't sometimes) ask for help. I have realized over the past month or so that I am overwhelmed also. I am goign to see a councillor and try to get through it with some help. good luck honey!
And in your spirit of giving thanks, evne though the Canadian holiday is over...

I am thankful for:

My neices
My family
My boyfriend
My health (albeit a little under the weather today)
My country
My friends

KIRSTY I'M TELLING - just kidding. I'd never rat since I do it too once in a while....hee hee.....I like the chi-chi term too but its a drink here, so people would be confused. For those fancy coffees, I usually call them "over-priced". However, I still drink them. I had a peppermint mocha from starbucks last night (nonfat, no whip) while visiting b/c I was starting to feel sick and needed "soul food". It worked.

Rina - yay for not eating, even if you were crabby, so what!? You did it! Yay, I salute you!!

Jess - good luck honey and Deb check in!

Hi to Jen1, Jen2, Jihan, Lori, Tonya the new Lori, KT and the lot.

I must go get more rest - yes, I am like a Neo Citron commercial. I just need the St. Bernard!!

Have a good OP weekend....!!!

Last edited by Belle2000; 11-15-2002 at 06:41 PM.
Old 11-15-2002, 06:43 PM   #2  

Hi Belle, i am Niki SAHM to my 1 year old son. I am currently battling the bulge, it seems to be winning. *LOL* I just wanted to wish you a great weekend.

Niki
Old 11-15-2002, 06:56 PM   #3  
Eve's Mom

Hey Niki! Welcome....! Do you have time during the day to come on and post? The girls are usually busy in the morning and taper off during the day. Its nice to meet you. Tell us about youself on the bio thread or here.

B
Old 11-16-2002, 07:45 AM   #4  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Good morning! Well not really, its 8am and I've been at work for an hour. At least I get paid overtime! Thanks for the welcome everyone.

My weekend dillema:

BIG PARTY TONIGHT
Now, given the fact that I go to a party about THREE TIMES A YEAR now, I really want to go and have some fun and have some drinks, whatever, and not worry about it but I have to and it sucks!

Just gotta do my journal for the whole day ahead of time I guess to make sure I know what I can and can't have.

Tomorrow is my fiance's birthday and when my friends found out they decided to make him a cake at their party we're going to. Thankfully, one of the people who is throwing the party is also on WW so I told him I would make the Key Lime pie so we could celebrate too =)

I changed my profile, so I hope it works. I will soon see!
Old 11-16-2002, 07:47 AM   #5  

Oh I forgot to mention that I am really big into hockey, a lifetime Bruins fan, and play myself. I don't know if anyone else here is. I was on the women's team at my college and now I graduated but managed to find some guys at work who play pickup. Apparently I'll be the first girl most of them have played with (thats a big surprise . At least I won't have a hard time gettnig my activity points in!
Old 11-16-2002, 10:15 AM   #6  
Canadian Chick

Hey girls!

Happy weekend! I'm off to work shortly though Welcome to our new friends! Its always good to have new faces! If you want to get to know us a little we have a bio thread. I'll pull to the top for you all after this..

Yesterday was an interesting day. I had 16 points for lunch then we went to Costco & they had samples (of course) I only had four diferent ones but I still am sure I hadlike 6 points -most of the samples were chocolate! Anyway I wasn't hungry for supper. Our friends came over & we watched some movies. They brought chips with them (argh!) I counted out a portion for me (good girl!) Anyway in the end I was at my max points but I didn't go over & all I ate all day was junk! Who says with WW you can't have it all? Today I'm plannig some nutritious food into my life -I feel just a tad guilty about yesterday but at least I was still in my points range!

Belle, Hope you're feeling better! Hope your day is full of rest & fluids

Lori, I love hockey too! I don't play though because I'm a horrible skater! I'm a lifetime long Flames fan (stop laughing!) & I love to watch any & all hockey. Another pal on here, Lisa -who seems to be AWOL right now, is a huge hockey fan. She lives in Boston. She's crazy about the BU teams but follows the bruins too. During last hockey season we PM'd all the time with our hockey fanaticism! It's great ot have another fan Good luck with eating at your events this weekend!

Niki, welcome! Feel free to jump in anytime. We love new faces

Everyone else have a super OP weekend Take care!

-Rina
Old 11-16-2002, 10:28 AM   #7  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Default Happy Weekend Ladies

Yes, more hockey fans! I attended St. Cloud State, which, if you don't follow college hockey, you probably won't realize is ALWAYS in the national championship for the NCAA. I love the MN wild, too...the only MN team I like.

Rina, just to update you on Lisa...her company is monitoring internet site usage right now. She is hoping that it's a temporary thing. They're also in the midst of massive layoffs, so she's not even making the occasional visit in hopes of dodging that bullet. But she told us she would be back ASAP. Way to go on staying within range yesterday...it's ok to have a "junk" day every now and then as long as you don't have them every day. Like my leader says, you don't have to do it perfectly, you just have to do it good enough.

Lori I so admire you for being able to be out there and take everything that hockey dishes out. I played once and was just overwhelmed by how much pain was involved, between the weak ankles skating around, getting knocked on my butt, getting smacked around with other people's sticks, and taking a puck in the shin (we weren't wearing great pads...it was a PE experience thing...) So my hat goes off to you...you are a REAL woman!

Hey Niki...I am also a SAHM (with a 2-day a week job) to a 15 month old...it's tough work isn't it, although very rewarding. What's your little boy's name? I bet my little boy's name is pretty obvious.

Hey Belle, good to hear from you. Make yourself some hot tea with lemon and Splenda, and eat some chicken noodle soup...some nice low-point comfort foods! I hope you feel better, hon!

This weekend should be a nice relaxing one. Today is hubby's and my anniversary of our first date. We thought about going out on a date to celebrate, but there is a big indoor marching band event going on in town tonight and all of our babysitters are involved. Oh well, it will just be a nice family day then. I am looking forward to just hanging out with my boys and enjoying their company!
Old 11-16-2002, 10:54 AM   #8  

Wink Working Weekend !

I'm surprised to see so many fans! Hey I can't knock any other team. The Bruins did so well last year and then what happened in the playoffs? They can't play one team in numerous games in a row and pull out on top. They have a real problem with that! But they are #1 now in the NHL. I grew up in the suburbs of Boston and still live in the area, so I think I will really be a life-long fan.

Hockey is GREAT exercise. I have never seen my love handles shrink so fast before Practicing hockey stops is what does that. And it is just great for your legs and overall an amazing workout.

Sunday is my fiance's birthday...going to take him to see Harry Potter (I was REALLY surprised he liked the first one, I didn't even think he would be willing to watch it with me!). After that we are going to this restaurant called "Fire & Ice". You pick out your meat or fish, veggies, sides, and sauce and watch them cook it on this big grill. Its really cool. Of course they have to cook mine "in the back" because I'm allergic to seafood. Its ok, I hate how it smells anyways Its a GREAT restaurant. All you can eat for $16. If you have one near you, I highly suggest checking it out. The highest point stuff there is probably the sauces. They have a salad bar too.

I will have to check out the bio page. I updated my website just recently. It is: http://home.mathbox.com/lori

I have a "Pictures" link on there and from there a link to WW pictures, so you can see what I look like.

Oh and if you are wondering what the pig-picture is on my posts, there is this japanimation cartoon called "Ranma 1/2" where the characters turn into different things if they get splashed with cold water. Hot water turns them back to normal. Ranma turns into a girl, and back into a boy and one character turns into a Pig who's name is "P-Chan" so thats who the pig is. I think he's cute and I love the cartoon!

I hope I'll be able to keep up with the posts!
Old 11-16-2002, 12:06 PM   #9  
Eve's Mom

Hi girls! Its 10am here....b/f is playing a PS2game and I am trying to not watch him b/c I get addicted to it and can watch for hours. Yes, its lame I know. but its like watching a movie.

I am still feeling grubby today - not as bad as yesterday but I am taking it easy today. I did promise to go to a girlfriends place for dinner (a couple thing) and I asked them if they wanted me there sick and they said yes, if I wanted to. I felt bad so I said OK. B.f didn't want to go and thinks I should say I feel to bad to go, but I figure, we haven't ever been to their place, we can leave early but at least show up.

Lori - take it from Rina, you can eat what you want, just count it! Maybe eat super low point til the party and then allow yourself to go over. Have you banked this week? That might do the trick.

Jayne that is cute that you guys celebrate the first date! Awww!! Have fun....

well, back to the couch with a good book....!
Old 11-16-2002, 12:14 PM   #10  

Well I will let everyone know a little bit about me. Anywho I am 23 yrs old and I have been on WW on and off since August of this year. I am the proud SAHM to my 1 yr old son Sebastian. I have been married for going on 2 1/2 years. My hubby is in the military and is currently ending his 1 year Korea tour. He will be home Dec 3rd. Once he is home I will have more motivation to keep within points and such as he will keep me in check. My highest weight was 205 ( after I miscarried our first child) then I got down to 192 and found out I was pregnant with our son. I didnt gain any weight in the pregnancy till the very end and that was a total of 3 pounds. Then I lost 23 lbs and was down to 172. Then I got down to 154 and started watching a friends son and I got stressed and started eating again. I am back now to 174. I have a goal of losing of 49lbs by June 1st. This will be our 3 year anniversary and I want to get some pictures taken of just me. I also plan to start going to school online in January and I am hoping that will help me not want to eat and snack when I am not suppose to. I do try and journal everything I eat. I am hoping to lose 7lbs by Jan 1, so I can get a new journal for the new year. That is my prize for obtaining this goal. Well I think I have bored you all enough. Cant wait to get to know you all better. Have a great weekend. *hugs*
Old 11-16-2002, 03:33 PM   #11  
Water Freak

Hey guys-

Welcome Niki and Lori! And a big hello to everyone else!
So the past couple days have been up and down. Thursday I went to the gym and did 45 minutes on the treadmill- 20 running. I was pretty proud of myself. I have another gym date with a galpal this afternoon, so that should be good. Thursday was also great for eating. Last night, however, I went out to the movies with some friends. We went to see 8-mile. It was so-so. Anyway, didn't do the movie popcorn or anything, but we went to the bar next door afterwards and played pool for a few hours and I sort of blew it on bar food. Not super blew-it, and I am back on track today, so hopefully I didn't do too much damage.

Cat

P.S. Just want to say that I'm a huge Montreal fan-even if they do kind of stink. I was born in Montreal (we moved when I was really little), and then there was no local team in NC until I was in high school, so I still rooted for Montreal. Last year it was very sad because of course they were playing the Canes and lost. Bummer.
Old 11-16-2002, 04:23 PM   #12  
Running Babe

Cat - You're originally from Montreal? No way! I was born and raised there (Born at the Lakeshore General, which is in Pointe-Claire, but is now apart of the city of Montreal)!!! Ah, Montreal always seems to have a weak start and then builds its momentum... We have some of the coolest players right now... Theodore (YUM!) and Saku is just an amazing guy for still being able to play after all he has gone through.

Niki: Ah a man in uniform, lucky gal, still must be hard when he's gone for so long. I am from a family of searfarers so my mom got used to not seeing her dad for long tours of duty. Oh as for being a paralegal. Currently I am just doing legal research in my job, but I LOVE it!

Belle: My roomies play vgs all the time too, and right now my best friend has her bf staying at her place and she keeps watching him play too.. But she's happy, it also doubles as a DVD player, so I lent her my copy of season 3 of Sex and the City

Lori: Ah, my bro loves Ramna 1/2. Welcome btw!!! Yeah I like seeing my stirfries being made in front of me, have fun celebrating his bday

Jayne: How long ago was the first date? That is so cool you still celebrate that

Belle: yeah well, I saw him again last night, I know the rules ladies won't be impressed, but hey aren't they divorced ? So anyhoo, we went to East Side and then saw "The Ring". The Ring was so scary, it's more of a forth/fifth date movie since I wasn't comfortable enough with him yet to hold him or anything during the film. But alas, as we hugged and said goodbye he kissed me on the cheek and I kissed him back on his cheek and then he kissed my cheek again!! awwww, I know..... I am glad though he's not afraid to touch me or hug me like grad school boy seemed to.,...... Also more open too which is good... I like that... but again, I won't hold my breath.. It's pathetic isn't it? I am smart, pretty, confident and have a ton of things going for me, yet when it comes to guys, it's a whole different ball game and I get doubts about me. I have learned not to take rejection personally (hey I dump guys too). Don't worry, I think overall none of us are dating experts, it changes from guy to guy and you just have to play by ear and dating just gets soooo frustrating!!!

Have a good weekend all!

Ali
Old 11-17-2002, 08:30 AM   #13  
Running Babe

Morning ladies,

I hope someone comes out to play today Anyhoo, I ended up spending 1.5 hours on the phone with the guy yesterday! He called me and we talked a lot. He says he's not looking for anything serious right now, BUT would really like to gte to know me and see where things go from there (he just got out a 5 1/2 year relationship), and I am so cool with that. I even admitted to him that I was a little hesitant about the fact that he'd just out of one... Damn this open communication and honesty thing is really good.... Seriously gals, I have a problem with it sometimes... Not that I lie, but I am scared to admit feelings and stuff.... I don't know why. One of the guys I dated couldn't figure out why I was being secretive about myself and what not (this guy knows me inside out now), I mean sure it's okay to be mysterious, but this lack of information telling I guess might send guys the message that I am hiding stuff etc...

On the other hand, I did make a mistake in the convo.. We were talking about abusive relationships, and I said it sucks that some girls are so manipulative of their boyfriends etc (I even have friends who have been), yet the guys stay in since they're scared of being alone (I wasn't implying anything about his past situation. His ex didn't sound manipulative or anything) and he confessed he stayed in his relationship a lot longer than he should have since he was scared of being alone... oopsies... I felt bad... But you have to understand, although I don't want to be single for life, I am just the type who wouldn't stay in a relationship just for the security. But still he seemed okay that I said that...

Last night I went to dinner with my roomie's co-workers... I have been way overboard, so I am going back into the losing points zone which is about 23-25 points for me, basically until the new year... I have so many things coming up like a Wedding (in Woburn MA), Christmas parties, and what not, that if I keep in that range on most days I should be okay... I know, we're pretty much all in the same boat!

Take Care!

Ali
Old 11-17-2002, 03:57 PM   #14  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

hey girls busy weekend for me
friday way too much food and wayy to much drinking
saturday i had about 18 pts
and saw harry potter!!! with bf and some of my friends
mind you BF stood up to his mother who hates me
but he also told me some of the things she said about me
I could spit nails!
I ahd a small breakfast today and a HUGE lunch so i'm thinking if i ahve room for dinner its all about the no points veggies
will bbiab i have papers to write!
Old 11-18-2002, 06:01 PM   #15  

Ali, Hi That is cool that you like your job. I am really wanting to get in to. I am hoping to start my remedial classes in January. I have at least 3 to take plus a study class but I can only afford to take 2 at a time.

I hope you have a great day.
Closed Thread