Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 08-14-2009, 01:11 PM   #1  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Default Rut-ROH... VLC diet time for us...

OMG we went for pre-op yesterday.

we both gained like 11 pounds. they were NOT happy.

'cept their parting words to us at our last meeting was "you are good to go now TRY not to gain too much back"

oh well... please. I have food issues. I know this is not magic but I wanted my last hurrah!

nope. not happening.

Brian has to lose at least 5 pounds by MONDAY. (well since he had heavy jeans and a belt on it won't be too hard)

I need to lose 11 in 4 weeks.

ugh.
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 01:20 PM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Luck !!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 01:41 PM   #3  
ONEderland here I come!

thanks we are going to need it.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:52 PM   #4  
I got my DS done 4-26-10

S/C/G: 463.1/273/170

Height: 5' 5 1/2

Try phase one of South beach, no simple carbs, no potatoes or corn, no grains for 2 to 3 weeks, on the other hand you eat lean meats, beef, pork chicken and all the sea food you want, eggs, green veggies, beans and low fat and part skim cheeses (an entire long list)
I am on it and lost a rediculous amount in 17 days, I am NOT hungry and I dont have the cravings I had, the first 3 days are Hard dont get me wrong but even they were easier than a 1500 calorie diet. You can find stuff about it on line or go to hastings or someplace that sells used book and invest a little in the book, it is an interesting read and will change how you look at food. Also common weight loss in the first 2 weeks is 8 to 13 pounds.

I need to lose 33 pounds before they will do my op and I am halfway there now after less then a month. I am staying on a modified version on phase one, only eating one serving of whole grains or fruit every 3 to 4 days.

Anyway it is just a suggestion
SpookyXXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 02:53 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 287/186/160

Height: 5'6"

Good luck! You guys can do this!
Mrs Karen79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 03:04 PM   #6  
ONEderland here I come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpookyXXL View Post
Try phase one of South beach, no simple carbs, no potatoes or corn, no grains for 2 to 3 weeks, on the other hand you eat lean meats, beef, pork chicken and all the sea food you want, eggs, green veggies, beans and low fat and part skim cheeses (an entire long list)
I am on it and lost a rediculous amount in 17 days, I am NOT hungry and I dont have the cravings I had, the first 3 days are Hard dont get me wrong but even they were easier than a 1500 calorie diet. You can find stuff about it on line or go to hastings or someplace that sells used book and invest a little in the book, it is an interesting read and will change how you look at food. Also common weight loss in the first 2 weeks is 8 to 13 pounds.

I need to lose 33 pounds before they will do my op and I am halfway there now after less then a month. I am staying on a modified version on phase one, only eating one serving of whole grains or fruit every 3 to 4 days.

Anyway it is just a suggestion
I won't lose like you did on Phase 1 I've done it before and there is a paradox that after the first time for some reason it does not work as well.

I know SBD inside and out. I actually own and run a message board for folks on SBD... I did it from may 2006-September 2008...
Old 08-14-2009, 05:28 PM   #7  
I got my DS done 4-26-10

S/C/G: 463.1/273/170

Height: 5' 5 1/2

that is weird, well I guess I better make this first time count...LOL
SpookyXXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 12:13 AM   #8  
Old Cackler

nessa - for once in your life, it doesn't matter HOW you lose this weight - seriously!!!! you could do a liquid diet, even. as long as you get the vits and protein, you'll be fine.

not that i'm advocating such drastic measures for anyone else EXCEPT those who have to lose a few pounds before surgery. the objective of pre=op weight loss is to give your liver a chance to shrink, and to avoid adding even more strain to your heart and other body parts.

you can do this.
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:17 AM   #9  
ONEderland here I come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiffypop View Post
nessa - for once in your life, it doesn't matter HOW you lose this weight - seriously!!!! you could do a liquid diet, even. as long as you get the vits and protein, you'll be fine.

not that i'm advocating such drastic measures for anyone else EXCEPT those who have to lose a few pounds before surgery. the objective of pre=op weight loss is to give your liver a chance to shrink, and to avoid adding even more strain to your heart and other body parts.

you can do this.

exactly.

DH only has to do this till surgery on tuesday (and really only till monday then he's on clear liquids)

my surgery is 4 weeks away. I can do VLC for 4 weeks (of course last night I had green beans and hummus and carrots)

I am getting all my vitamins and trying to get enough water. I am taking sugar free fiber supplements.

I did have a salad with chicken for lunch at applebees but i'm doing much better.

IF the doctors office had said "DO NOT GAIN WEIGHT" it would have been better... their instructions were 'try not to gain weight' well DUH....

I know what to do. I know how to do it. I plan to do it.

please.... I'm actually a bit ticked with them.
Old 08-15-2009, 05:44 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 287/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5.5"

Nessa~
You both can lose what you need to.

Check your PM~I'm going to drop you a line!

mgf~
MyGirlFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 12:05 PM   #11  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Nessa You can do it
Spooky Nessa is the SBD QUEEN of the universe.
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 12:11 PM   #12  
ONEderland here I come!

Gals,

INVOKE PRAYER, SWING a Chicken or something. Brian is being very negative about this going to weigh in and he feels he has not lost. He was not PERFECT. he had some solid foods, he could have drunk more, he needed to take more laxative than he did.

he's leaving as I type to go weigh in. it's killing me. I don't know how I will deal with him if he doesn't lose the requite five pounds....
Old 08-17-2009, 12:54 PM   #13  
ONEderland here I come!

Good News! he lost 16 pounds.... he's good to go!
Old 08-17-2009, 08:15 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 287/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5.5"

Awesome news!
MyGirlFriday is offline   Reply With Quote