Old 08-17-2009, 10:18 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 270/See Ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Default I've been maintaining...

Hi Everyone,

I hardly ever post so some of you might not even remember me, but I've been maintaining for a little while and am now starting the weight loss up again. Gosh, losing weight is mentally exhausting for me. So many of you are doing so well and dropping pounds like crazy and here I am having to stop all the time because I just can't handle it. It's sort of difficult not to compare myself to others even though I know that I am doing the best that I can. I mostly use your success stories for inspiration, but sometimes wonder why I can't keep up. Well, it's not like I've been gaining weight. I just pause and maintain for a couple of months. I guess that's some kind of accomplishment and when I think of how far I have come, how long it took to get here doesn't really matter as much. I have all these conflicting things going on in my head and that's mostly why I never post anything.

Anyway, I've jumped back into the Fall Equinox Challenge and lost some weight last week, which is good. I just wanted to put my feelings out there a little bit. I sound crazy, LOL! Plus, I'm not feeling so well today. I stayed home sick from work. Yuck.

Thanks to anyone who reads this!
Sunrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:25 AM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Good luck with your goals, you can do this
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:37 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 298/298/150

Height: 5ft 7

you can do it!!! you are definitely in good company here, the ladies are a huge inspiration, as are you! 56lb loss is terrific!!!! you are doing it!!!
Bonnie+J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:41 AM   #4  
Shrinkin' Salsa :P

S/C/G: 127/122/72 (kg)

Height: 5'9"

I've lost a scary amount of weight over the past two weeks, and barely any of it had anything to do with healthy eating or exercise.

What I think of when I look at your sig is "Oh WOW, she's lost nearly SIXTY POUNDS!!" 60 pounds! That's nothing to be sniffed at and you should be blimmin' chuffed with yourself for that achievement - you're halfway there (I would love to be halfway to my goal ). I don't read your post and think "Pah, what's that about, her crawling back after falling off the wagon." I think, "I really hope* that several months down the line I can still be focused as she is."

So please don't let the quick beginnings of newbies like me discourage you. You're inspiration to someone like me

*Although several days of reading posts by people like Robin have convinced me that "hope" has nothing to do with it (to me the word suggests a certain passivity). If I want to still be on track in several months' time, I will be there As will you

Last edited by salsa chip; 08-17-2009 at 10:42 AM.
salsa chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:48 AM   #5  

Sunrose - I think you're doing a GREAT job. Maintaining your weight loss while you pause is great. Hope I can do thje same.
waquilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:00 AM   #6  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

56 lbs is wicked!!! I've taken months long breaks like that too, but on purpose! I would lose 20 lbs., and then maintain it for 3 to 4 months to be sure I could live like that forever, and then lose another 20 and I've done that 4 times, on my way to 5 times and it's been the BEST THING in the world for ME! I am NOT gaining this weight back, so I do it in spells and see if I can survive that lifestyle. As long as I'm ok living that way forever, I'll keep going!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:16 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 255/239/155

Height: 5'8"

I think it's better to take a little "break" and maintain for a little bit then to push yourself until you break down and just completely give up. Good job!
Jadebatdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:29 AM   #8  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I have lost 150 lbs by doing what you are doing. I find it mentally exhausting at times as well and part of it is that I grew up obese so my expectations and my mental hang ups are a bit different than others.

Keep on doing what you are doing!!
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:31 PM   #9  
Metric Member

S/C/G: 140/120.3/90kg

Height: 163cm (5' 4")

Losing weight is hard work, and 90% of that hard work is mental. People say that losing weight is just maths..... which it is at it's core, but to get the maths to work for you - that's all mental. Weight loss is about changing habits, creating new routines and expectations, increasing your self discipline and learning how to deal with emotions without turning to food, all of which is exhausting, and there's nothing wrong with going into maintenance mode, especially if you know that the alternative is to crash and burn.

Can I make a suggestion? That for this weight loss phase, you really focus on the mental stuff? Thinking about how I relate to food, accepting that it's not rational and that my brain is wired oddly when it comes to eating has made all the difference for me. Do you journal or blog? That can be really useful for sorting through emotions. And focus on creating routines and habits that you can do forever.

Good luck
Couch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:47 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

I think maintaining a 56 pound weight loss is admirable!!

I have never achieved that myself...
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:56 PM   #11  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

I think that you are doing great! We are all different. Some of the people here are losing very quickly while some of us, including me, are losing at a slower rate. There is nothing wrong with either of these.

I identify with you. I am losing slowly so I just have to tell myself to have patience. It helps to look how far I have come.

You have lost 56 pounds that is great! You will get to your goal!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:41 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 270/See Ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for all of your kind words and support. It means a lot and it's what I need right now. Sometimes I feel like I've accomplished a lot and sometimes I feel like I've accomplished nothing - it's really weird.

Couch, thanks for the suggestion. Yes, this time around I'll try to focus more on the mental stuff. I'm not in the habit of journaling but maybe I'll start.

You are all so nice, thank you!
Sunrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 01:35 AM   #13  

Welcome back!
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote