Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-16-2009, 07:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 307/lost 140+ lbs/125

Default unintentionally gained weight... ugh

UGH!

Got on the scale today and found out I'm back at 160 lbs from a nice low of 157.8 lbs (*** FYI: I decided not to change my current weight info since I want to keep that as motivation to get back into the dang 150s! ).

I had a bad shoulder injury last sunday night so I took time off from the gym (bad as in I woke up the next morning and my body screamed: you get up for anything other than going to the bathroom or eating and I will literally kill you ) ... I walked outside this past week and enjoyed it and still counted my calories like the calorie counting/food scale **** I am with myself.

I think I know why I gained weight:

1. I kept the calories at the same amount as if I was still going to the gym. Looking back, I should have gone back to 1,500 calories from the 1,800 calories I've been eating as of late (***or maybe even as low as 1,200 calories for maintenance... but for a 5 ft 8 inch chick, it's frustrating to figure out at this point in the weight loss journey, how much to eat to maintain if I don't workout at the gym for a week, grrrr).

It just didn't occur to me to do that with all the difficulties I've been having lately in just trying to figure out how much to eat PERIOD in order to lose weight

2. I thought my food scale was accurate... turns out, I finally realized this morning by not making a certain adjustment if I don't use the food scale dish that comes with the food scale, then I have added an extra 2 oz to my food!!! (*I only have been using the scale this past week to weigh some apples... I weighed them as full apples without cutting them up first and putting them in the food scale dish. DUH! *smacks head.*)

Honestly, I feel like such a moron when I realized this. I was hoping to just maintain this past week. I planned all my meals down to the last morsel in calories so I certainly was NOT planning on gaining weight this week, sigh.

I also know I've had severe PMS cramps for several days in a row and had to take midol (*which is very rare for me to have to take unless the cramps - and I hardly get them - are bad). I'm not going to use this as an excuse compared to the 2 that I listed above, but just as a side piece of info.

But my shoulder's healed up and ready to go back to the gym monday!!! A part of me doesn't want to, lol since I enjoyed the break in my routine with walking outside, but I need to break a hard sweat and get back into a better aerobic routine.

Ah well....

My rant for the day is over, lol.

Thanks for listening!

~ tea

Last edited by teawithsunshine; 08-16-2009 at 07:16 PM.
teawithsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 07:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 249/175/149

Height: 5'8"

Aw, sorry about your shoulder! Glad you're doing better

I'm sure sweating out any water weight you might have accumulated will help too Don't let this get you down.. you've already come so far! You can do this!
kuhrisuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 07:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

girl, you are awesome. You are going to get that weight and then some right off of your gorgeous self. I am glad your shoulder is better.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 08:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

tea -- I think the hardest part of maintenance is dealing with all of life's ups and downs. I haven't necessarily been really graceful at going with the flow, but I deep in my bones recognize it's part of the territory. Things will happen to shake me off plan. You haven't lost your focus, so I suspect you're going to be just fine!

Also, it doesn't sound like you really gained a couple of pounds of fat in a single week. TOM may be a culprit here, too... The scale may be down just as fast in a couple of days. That's it's way.

Good luck!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 08:18 PM   #5  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

I think you did and are doing wonderful
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 08:57 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Don't worry too much. You didn't gain fat on 1800 calories. Your body water is just fluctuating due to changes in activity, injury, phase of the moon, and who knows what You're fine.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 09:50 PM   #7  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Hang in there! It WILL come off -- promise...

Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 12:41 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 175/166/150

Height: 5'10"

Also, some of the weight could depend on what type of shoulder injury you had?

Some of the weight might be from the swelling of your shoulder, if it's swollen. Swollen areas hold a lot of water. I was just on a trip to Asia from the States, and the day I got back I weighed three pounds over my usual. Two or three days later I had dropped it all and then some. Just from the swelling from the plane.

I am sure you will take those 2.2 pounds off. Good luck, and feel better!
Salacious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 07:56 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 172/150/145

Height: 5'7"

Wow, you have accomplished an amazing weight loss!! Personally, I don't worry too much about a couple of pounds, because i find that I fluctuate so much within a day or few. Don't get me wrong, I like seeing those pounds drop, but sometimes i gain a pound or two and the next day its gone- i try to pay attention to the general trend, and your general trend is right on track!! At any rate, you know what to do, and one way or the other those few extra pounds will be gone in no time!!
Take care of that shoulder and enjoy your workout!!
pucedaisy is offline   Reply With Quote