Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-16-2009, 07:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW:290 CW:ticker GW:189

Height: 5'7

Default Whats wrong with me?

Why cant I lose weight? How is it that I over eat almost every day? I hate myself right now. I cant stay imotivated longer than a week. Why is that? People say well than u dont want it enough. Which isnt true. I think it has a lot to do with my meds for anxiety. Sometimes I cant stay with things. But its all in my head.

I need to lose this weight. HELPPPPPPPPPP
Breannaj1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 07:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 249/175/149

Height: 5'8"

Just try to breath. Gather your thoughts.

Now. You've already lost 5 lbs, which is a great start. You CAN do this. Something that might work is planning out your meals in advance. Plan exactly what you will eat and how much of it for each and every meal and snack. And stick to it.

Anytime you want to start snacking or eat beyond the point of being full, come here. Look at goal pics, post, heck, you can even PM me. We're all here for you.

It's going to be hard, but you are STRONG. Take it one choice at a time. Don't worry about the past or the future; just worry about RIGHT NOW and what choices you are going to make.

Don't give up!! Your health and self-confidence is worth fighting for.
kuhrisuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 07:44 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

sweetie, you are overwhelmed. Figure out where you got overwhelmed and then get your bearings. The little things add up. So you really need to track your food even if you think you are doing fine. unfortunately, though we hate the scale, it is a measurement tool to let us know that what is going in is MORE than we need.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 07:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

Breanna--

I have gone through periods where I have felt the same way--like I just couldn't seem to stay on track. I have been on my current program close to 4 weeks, and feel really good about my progress; but, there are days that I feel no motivation at all to be truthful. It is almost like I hear a little voice telling me that what I am doing doesn't really matter, I should just give up, it would be so much easier to let go, etc. But, at those times, I refuse to let myself give in because I know that, if I can get past that moment of doubt, I will be glad that I did it. So, while motivation is a great thing, you won't have it all of the time (it comes and goes, in my experience). At the moments when you have no motivation, my advice is to press on regardless. If you get off track (which virtually everyone does from time to time), immediately get back on track. You will be so glad that you did.

Good luck; you can do this! Just take it one day at a time.

Cheers,

J
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 07:56 PM   #5  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

First of all...deep breaths.

Okay now that we are calmer.

I know too well, as most of us here do, that losing weight is not easy. It's not fun. It is a lot of hard work. It takes dedication and commitment. You have to stay focused. You have to stay determined. Hating yourself will get you nowhere fast. You should write out the reasons you want to lose weight and keep it visible. You should join a site where you can track your foods, drinks and exercise..I recommend sparkpeople.com. You should come here each and every day for inspiration. Everytime I am feeling like it is too hard, I come here and I read the Success Stories and all the people there that have been where I am and have succeeded. It is possible for anyone who wants it and wants to commit to getting it done. We're always here for you and you need to be there for yourself as well
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 07:59 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 372.9/358.4/155

Height: 5' 6"

Default You can do it!

You can do it!!! Just believe!
Donna5503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 08:28 PM   #7  

S/C/G: SW:290 CW:ticker GW:189

Height: 5'7

Thanks ladies. Im so confused. I dont know if i should do ww or calorie count or what. Ahhh
Breannaj1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 08:30 PM   #8  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

You need to look at both plans carefully then decide which is best for your lifestyle. Myself, I am a calorie counter. It is fairly simple and flexible.
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 08:44 PM   #9  

I know how you feel. I've been trying to do this for a long time and haven't had much weight loss. I HAVE gained a lot of self esteem. That's been my first focus. And I track my calories (most of the time) even if I have a day where I eat over my calories. There are habits that I am putting in place that will help me in the long term. I'm not that discouraged by the scale. I know that I will get there.

Have you looked into other diets, such as Atkins or South beach. You can also start by just living a healthier lifestyle. Replace processed foods with whole foods. Start walking. Etc....
wendyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 08:46 PM   #10  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

I know WW works for a lot of people but when I did it, I completely failed, but the reason was because I was a newbie to this Weight-loss thang, and I was eating all the wrong foods (processed crap) and using those bonus points and nothing was happening. It wasn't until I explored all there was to explore here @ 3FC, and learned how to eat better, more fulfilling foods and started counting calories and exercising that I started losing.

You can do this! Stop beating yourself up, forgive yourself, KNOW that you WILL have set backs, but instead of beating yourself up, pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and keep trying! Keep doing and NEVER give up! There are so many reasons that factor in why we over eat and emotionally eat and a lot of it has to do with Hormones. Doesn't that just suck? But it's true. Here is a pretty good article that will explain this a little more.

Don't give up. You can do this! You did the right thing posting about it! That's a good tool right there, so see, you are on the right path!
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 08:55 PM   #11  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Here's another article I read about Our Over eating Hormones from Fitness Magazine.
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 10:46 PM   #12  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

i was in the same position you were. last new years eve, i started a private blog and poured my heart out online about how much i hated myself and how i was resolved to change no matter what or how long it took. i frequently write in the journal and i find it helps.

i am also on anti anxiety meds (a LOT of them) and it does make losing weight more of a challenge. i am agoraphobic also so exercise is tough for me and being home all the time makes boredom eating a HUGE temptation.

whats worked for me is calorie counting. its more flexible and fits my life better. i eat 5 or 6 snack sized meals a day so that im never "starving" and tempted to overeat. i still can NOT have sweets in my house (aside from my sugar free diet treats) or else i WILL eat them. my husband hides all the donuts/snacks/goodies, literally, and hides them well. for me its not about self control (i have very little), its about determination to make a change and stick to that commitment.

trust me, if *i* can do it, (lazy, on meds, HATE exercise, LOVE food), then so can you!!! just decide this is what you're gonna do no matter how hard it is, or how long it takes, and then the decision is made!!
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 04:29 AM   #13  
funny mummy

S/C/G: 166/150/130

Height: 5ft 6"

I cant really add to what everyone has already said
Trust these people, some of them are veteran loosers and maintainers andhave acheived so much, and not just in terms of weight loss!

Personally, i can totally relate to you! You sound like me a couple of months ago when i was first starting out. as long as you keep trying (easier said than done) it does get better! i have done WW and switched to counting calories, i personally find it more flexible and it encourages a healthier view of foods for me. Counting calories of everything i ate was the first step in the right direction, taking a daily walk (even if only 20mins) was the next!

Very slowly things starting getting better, and there was no, "oh wow ive found if i do this one thing, i eat right and exercise all the time!" it was all tiny little baby steps that added up to big results and weight loss.

First i couldnt keep on track for one day, then i could manage every other day, i i would manage just under a week and it slowly started increasing till i was only slipping up maybe once a week, then every couple of weeks, once a month and so on. as long as you just keep going, it will all add up!

edited to add: oh and as for your title, "whats wrong with me", the answer is, nothing at all! your HUMAN! it happens to the best of us.

Last edited by Lilbert; 08-17-2009 at 04:32 AM.
Lilbert is offline   Reply With Quote