Old 08-16-2009, 06:45 AM   #1  

Height: 5ft6'

Unhappy Faking It!

So I am beginning to feel like I am faking it. I mean I have lost 47lbs so far and at about 1-2 lbs a week. I WAS working out like 2 hours a day, every day. My eating was good for a while. But lately (in the light of some stressful situations and general life getting in tha way) I have faltered.

I still try to exercise but there are 2-3 days a week I haven't gone in the last 2 weeks. I have been making atrocious food choices just because they were convenient or comforting. But still i was loosing. So I feel like I don't deserve the loss. Or like it wasn't real.

I need to recommitt myself in a big way if I want to keep succeeding at this. I am only 3 lbs away from the 50lb mark and the most weight I have ever lost. I still want this more than ever. I don't want my losses to slowly turn into gains and think "what happened?"

Just needed to get that off my chest and out there.
TraceyElaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 07:02 AM   #2  
Escape from my fat suit

S/C/G: 290/210/130

Thanks for being honest with yourself. Every new minute is a new opportunity to forget about the past and keep on going. You can do this. Good luck.
better health3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 08:41 AM   #3  

that's bad but people have bad days too.
Maybe there's some emotional turmoil around your life? Or you're feeling tired?

You don't have to go in a binge, maybe what you need is a holiday. Perhaps.

I hope you'll able to get through this..
Trefle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 08:46 AM   #4  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Being honest with yourself can be a real healing experience. Hang in there and don't ever give up on yourself
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 09:04 AM   #5  
That's me!

S/C/G: 270/251/150

Height: 5'

Oh, I totally know what you're going through! Now's the time to make the decision to stick with what you started! Get yourself back into your workout routine as soon as possible, before not exercising becomes the routine again And if that isn't possible, come up with a different way to get yourself some exercise. Remind yourself of your goals as you are eating and just make the best choices you can at the moment. But don't beat yourself up about any of it, ok? That never serves you.

Be encouraged! You aren't alone, we've all been there, and you are doing so well already, I know you can keep it up! We're all rooting for you!!
Phenomenal Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 12:54 PM   #6  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

3 days my friend. Commit to THREE DAYS totally on plan. Just force yourself to do it. By the end of three days I can almost guarantee that it will be MUCH easier. All of the junk will be out of your system and you'll be good to go
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 01:09 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 253/Maintenance/140

Height: 5'8

You do need to recommit. I totally get how you are feeling because in my experience you are at a point where it's been a lot of freaking work for awhile yet it's still able to slip away ... don't let it! I had to recommit in a way at almost 50 lbs down. That's when I got my exercise bike and joined 3fc. Keep on keeping on!

You know you can go either way, because you seem to know yourself -- you also know which way you want it to go!
WhitePicketFences is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 01:23 PM   #8  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

I don't know if this is true or not, but my sister was telling me her Jenny Craig consultant told her that her weight on the scale today reflected what she did up to 2 weeks ago. Never heard that one before, but if true could explain why you weight is still creeping down.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 02:06 PM   #9  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

Hmmm. Maybe you should commit yourself to 3 or 4 days a week working out, an hour a day, or an hour and a half.... and see how that works for you. With our lives these days, its next to impossible to go to the gym 6 to 7 days a week and stay that way forever. I just don't think it's doable. So, I'm trying to be realistic and get myself there 3 days a week to be healthy and realistic.... Sure, you might not lose at such a rapid pace... but isn't it better to just lose it slowly, while getting used to living a lifestyle you want to live the rest of your life?

That's pretty much what I'm trying to do.... cos I know EXACTLY what you mean about not having enough time to do it all. *sigh* Good luck chica!
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 06:59 PM   #10  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori Bell View Post
I don't know if this is true or not, but my sister was telling me her Jenny Craig consultant told her that her weight on the scale today reflected what she did up to 2 weeks ago. Never heard that one before, but if true could explain why you weight is still creeping down.
I find this to be true for me, the overindulgences show up on the scale a week to two later, and the good work can take that long to show up after slip ups.

I was thinking 2-hour workouts 7 days a week didn't leave you much wiggle room other than down too (meaning doing less). Maybe it's stressing you out to be at that intensity exercise wise all the time.

Last edited by dragonwoman64; 08-16-2009 at 07:04 PM.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 07:22 PM   #11  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

Quote:
I do believe this...with me, it seems that any "badness" that I partake in doesn't show up until at least a week later (with the exception of eating items with too much sodium).

Back on topic, Traceyelaine, you're not the only one...I am currently in the same boat. All summer I've been in "party mode" - not eating on plan, half a**ing my workouts, and to top it all off, I went on a cruise two weeks ago. I've tried to recommit since I've been off the ship...I did really well last week so I'm hoping the momentum continues on into this week.

I'd like to see my ticker keep moving past the 50 pound mark where it's been stuck. Come on, we can do this!
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 07:26 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

Quote:
I feel like I used to be like this, years ago. But this time around it seems like the results of my choices show up within 2-3 days most of the time
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 07:47 PM   #13  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Do you feel like your plan was doable for the long term? 2 hours of exercise a day is A LOT to commit to - I'm not surprised you couldn't keep it up. Maybe it's time to take another look at both your food and exercise plans and really think about what you are willing to do for the long haul. If it's not something you can stick to when things get rough, then maybe it's too strict for you? A plan that only works when things in life are going well wouldn't work for anyone long term! Weight loss isn't a punishment, don't forget to be kind to yourself .
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 08:25 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Tom Venuto (author of the Body Fat Solution) says the number one reason for failure in losing weight (and life in general) - is the lack of clearly defined, written goals.

TraceyElaine, you have done so well so far, but you know you are floundering. I would urge you to write down specific short and long-term goals. And you MUST stop the negative self-talk.

You know exactly what to do, because you've written it in your post. You said: I need to recommitt myself in a big way if I want to keep succeeding at this. You've told us you want to succeed. Make a written list of where you want to be this week, in three months, in 6 months. You will be happy on your journey if you do this. We are all here for you.
CJZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 09:19 PM   #15  

Height: 5' 6

So you've still been going to the gym 4 or 5 days a week? That's great!!! Sometimes we have to focus on what we have been able to do instead of what we could have done better. \
Just recommit yourself today and take it one day at a time. I find that when I'm struggling or losing commitment I start to plan my food out a day or two ahead of time and then all I have to do is commit to sticking to the plan for one day. Next thing you know it'll be a week later and you've been on plan the whole time!
MandiK is offline   Reply With Quote