Old 08-16-2009, 10:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 288/seeticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Default My weight's down enough to cut calories but...

it's also the point in my workout routine (I do DVD's that are tiered, step 1, 2 & 3) where I'm supposed to move to step 2 which means increasing my cardio 10 extra minutes.

I'm trying to figure out how to approach this. I've tried doing both this week, being easier on myself about the calories; trying to keep them under the "new amount" but not focusing on it unless they went over or came really close to the "old amount," which was twice this past week.

I think I'm going about this wrong. I've gotten a slump starting to rear its head. I get up in the morning and all I want to do is go back to sleep, even if its on the couch. I don't have the energy or desire to do the daily chores let alone workout/calorie count; but on the same hand I don't want to undo all my progress and I really, really want the scale to go back down so I'm trying to find the energy to move and keeping the Slump Monster at bay. I'm really wondering if this has to do with the situation with the increase workout/decrease calories delima.

How would you guys go about it? I'd really, really, really appreciate your advice.
TaraLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 10:12 AM   #2  
Shrinkin' Salsa :P

S/C/G: 127/122/72 (kg)

Height: 5'9"

I don't have any advice for you (perhaps eat a little more?), but wanted to offer sympathies - it's taken me about three days so far to tidy my bedroom, and I'm not even done yet. This lack of energy is horrible.
salsa chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 12:30 PM   #3  

Height: 5'11"

Well, it's not easy but what I do is ignore the whining Slump Monster in my head. I get dressed, strap on my shoes, and go for my walk (3.5 miles). I always feel better after that, every time. When I MUST clean house (a chore I hate), I just force myself to get going. Once I get going, then I feel like continuing. If it helps to turn on music, then I do that. I might sing while I do it (I live alone so no one gets hurt when I do this, LOL).

Make sure you're getting all your vitamins and getting enough sleep at night. If all those things are good, then sometimes you might just have to get tough with yourself and not listen to that voice that says, "Let's lay down and watch Regis and Kelly!"
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 12:43 PM   #4  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

If cutting your calories is leaving you with NO energy then I would up them back up... for a bit. I cut my calories to 1600 twice and then bumped them back up before finally dropping them. It just was not time yet. Now I'm quite comfortable eating 1600 a day and can't see dropping them again anytime soon. So tweak... if it's not working than change it!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 12:46 PM   #5  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

I agree with upping your calories for a bit. Hang in there
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 01:27 PM   #6  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I agree if you have upped the exercise leave the calories at the same and see how it goes, if nothing is happening weight wise then slowly bring them back down again.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote