General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-16-2009, 02:42 AM   #1  
on a journey

Default Come talk to me here

i'm up late, come talk to me. my doggies woke me up.

Perhaps i'll wake tomorrow to find some comments? Tell me anything, how your day was, what you are looking forward to in the next few days etc.

i also started some new games, i thought a few new ones, along with the old ones, would be fun.
Lisa_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 08:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I will look for your games. I play the games because it keeps me out of the refrigerator.What kind of doggies do you have ? I have a cockapoo , he likes to sit on my lap while I type.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 12:01 PM   #3  
on a journey

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
I will look for your games. I play the games because it keeps me out of the refrigerator.What kind of doggies do you have ? I have a cockapoo , he likes to sit on my lap while I type.
i have a pure Black Lab and a German Short Hair bird dog X chocolate lab. i also have some cats.
Old 08-16-2009, 12:39 PM   #4  

I have two Pomeranians....so I need some advice. I never make the move first on a guy, i just never had to. A couple bats of the eyelash and they normally will come over first. But there is this guy in my boxing class I am REALLY attracted too. I see him when I go to the class twice a week. Well he's always staring @ me and we make eye contact bla bla but in the SIX times I have seen him he's never come over. Now last Thurs, I caught him looking at me like really hard and it embarrassed him so he laughed and mouthed "hi", so I reciprocated but still he never came over. My friend says she sees him staring all the time and I should go say something b/c he appears shy. BUT I'm TOO shy to go say something to him! I've never had to do that before and plus all I keep replaying in my head is getting rejected b/c maybe he has a girlfriend or a wife or something. I don't know. Now I am going on a business trip this week so I won't see him again until next week. What do you all think?
Deana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 04:18 PM   #5  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

See that slogan at the bottom of your post?

JUST DO IT!

haha..not that easy..so just start with a casual verbal hello...go from there.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 04:29 PM   #6  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Height: 5'5

I have a German Shephard, two cats, and my son has a few geiko lizards, chamelions, bearded dragons......ugh......I think thats it. LOL........hope you got some rest after you were woken up!
mygritsconfessions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 04:40 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 172/150/145

Height: 5'7"

I have a pit bull. She's the sweetest grrrl you could ever meet. Her best friend is here now, too- she's a jack russell. We're all chilling out on a lazy sunday. My intention is to get motivated enough to clean my apartment, which will make the week much more pleasant.

Deana, I saw your post and first thought you were asking for advice because you have two pomeranians! Because I imagine that two pomeranians can be trouble!!
pucedaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 06:15 PM   #8  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

I know, I did a double take with that switch from Pomeranians to boxing class hottie too, heh heh.

I agree, go say hi. Since you're in a class together at least you have a easy topic of conversation (lots of flirty boxing double entendres you can make too )

I have a cat, Chloe. She used to sit on top of my computer monitor in the cooler months. Then I got a flat screen, which bummed her out. She's adjusted and sits behind it on top of my papers on the table.

dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 06:41 PM   #9  

OMG that picture is TOO cute dragonwoman!

lol And sorry about the confusing switch from my crazy Poms to boxing hottie

I have just never had a guy been on my mind like this, and I'm not sure if it's because of the "thrill of the chase" or he just has that thing that makes me go "hmmmm". I was a little disappointed in myself Thursday because I figured it would be the perfect opportunity to say something since I would be gone for a week (you know just in case of humiliation and rejection), but I didn't have the guts.

I guess I just don't know how to transition from casual convo to sooooooo 'are you seeing someone' or 'here's my number', I don't know even that sounds lame. He is on the fight team at the gym and they have a match coming up in Sept. so I was going to ask about that but then I don't know how to move from that topic to getting the real scoop about him, which is 'is he available and would he like to go out'. Ugh! I won't see him again until next Tues (God willing) anyway, so maybe you all can help me in the meantime lol
Old 08-16-2009, 07:27 PM   #10  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana View Post
I guess I just don't know how to transition from casual convo to sooooooo 'are you seeing someone' or 'here's my number', I don't know even that sounds lame. He is on the fight team at the gym and they have a match coming up in Sept. so I was going to ask about that but then I don't know how to move from that topic to getting the real scoop about him, which is 'is he available and would he like to go out'. Ugh! I won't see him again until next Tues (God willing) anyway, so maybe you all can help me in the meantime lol
I wouldn't concentrate on giving your number until you feel out the situation a little first. Once you get to know him (even though it will be on a casual level), you can get a better picture of whether you still want to date him. He sounds like he might be shy from what you say, I'd talk about the class, about the fight team, ask general q's, tell him stuff about you. See what comes out.

After a time, when you feel comfortable, you can say something like, have you ever gone to those outdoor movies in the park? I've been wanting to do that. No, says he, but that sounds kinda cool... Well, says you, Dial M for Murder is scheduled for next weekend, I think I'm going to go to that one, can't go wrong with a good murder mystery in black and white! Cool, he responds. You're welcome to join me, says you....

just an idea I'm throwing out there. be brave and fear not. if not him, another will appear on the horizon in no time.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 09:57 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
all I keep replaying in my head is getting rejected b/c maybe he has a girlfriend or a wife or something.
Hope you don't mind me jumping in. I agree with the others on this thread...go say hi! Even something like "What did you think of the class today?" Or "Want to grab a smoothie/coffee?"

I know it's such a pain wondering if a guy has a g/f or is married...lol I wish they had signs on them! I figured I'd share a story...

I was at a bar one night, and a group of a few people (guys and girls) were standing next to me waiting to order their drinks. They seemed friendly, so I made a little small talk. One of the guys in the group was very cute. So I leaned over to the girl next to me and said "I hope this isn't rude...but are you with that guy in the green shirt?" and you know what? They were husband and wife. She was super nice about it and we laughed it off. I know that could have gone other ways....but how do you know without trying?

Even just casual conversation can be a jumping off point.
"I noticed you're on the fight team. Have you been a part of it long?"

Think of it in terms of best and worse case. What's the best thing that could happen? He's single. Y'all hit it off, and have some nice dates. Worst case? He's taken, and you're a little embarrassed. Unless he's a jerk about it you'll both just laugh it off....and if he's a jerk, why would you want to be with him?
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 10:31 PM   #12  
on a journey

Quote:
I have two Pomeranians....so I need some advice. I never make the move first on a guy, i just never had to. A couple bats of the eyelash and they normally will come over first. But there is this guy in my boxing class I am REALLY attracted too. I see him when I go to the class twice a week. Well he's always staring @ me and we make eye contact bla bla but in the SIX times I have seen him he's never come over. Now last Thurs, I caught him looking at me like really hard and it embarrassed him so he laughed and mouthed "hi", so I reciprocated but still he never came over. My friend says she sees him staring all the time and I should go say something b/c he appears shy. BUT I'm TOO shy to go say something to him! I've never had to do that before and plus all I keep replaying in my head is getting rejected b/c maybe he has a girlfriend or a wife or something. I don't know. Now I am going on a business trip this week so I won't see him again until next week. What do you all think?

my mantra is the worst thing that could happen is to hear the word "no" and it's true. Your world will not come to an end if you hear he has a gf or wife. So as was said before, just go for it. Life is too short.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:36 PM   #13  
on a journey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Ballerina View Post
Hope you don't mind me jumping in. I agree with the others on this thread...go say hi! Even something like "What did you think of the class today?" Or "Want to grab a smoothie/coffee?"

I know it's such a pain wondering if a guy has a g/f or is married...lol I wish they had signs on them! I figured I'd share a story...

I was at a bar one night, and a group of a few people (guys and girls) were standing next to me waiting to order their drinks. They seemed friendly, so I made a little small talk. One of the guys in the group was very cute. So I leaned over to the girl next to me and said "I hope this isn't rude...but are you with that guy in the green shirt?" and you know what? They were husband and wife. She was super nice about it and we laughed it off. I know that could have gone other ways....but how do you know without trying?

Even just casual conversation can be a jumping off point.
"I noticed you're on the fight team. Have you been a part of it long?"

Think of it in terms of best and worse case. What's the best thing that could happen? He's single. Y'all hit it off, and have some nice dates. Worst case? He's taken, and you're a little embarrassed. Unless he's a jerk about it you'll both just laugh it off....and if he's a jerk, why would you want to be with him?

You ladies are sooooooooooo smart.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:34 PM   #14  

*sigh* You all are right. Maybe I am trying to do too much too soon. Atleast at this point I know I am guaranteed to see him a couple of times a week. Maybe next Tues I will start off casual, get the ball rolling, ask about his upcoming fight etc. and then depending on how he acts/reacts chat up a little more on Thursday and see where it goes.

DAMN! It's so hard when you know what you have to do but need to develop the guts to JUST DO IT!
Old 08-17-2009, 09:00 PM   #15  
on a journey

Quote:
*sigh* You all are right. Maybe I am trying to do too much too soon. Atleast at this point I know I am guaranteed to see him a couple of times a week. Maybe next Tues I will start off casual, get the ball rolling, ask about his upcoming fight etc. and then depending on how he acts/reacts chat up a little more on Thursday and see where it goes.

DAMN! It's so hard when you know what you have to do but need to develop the guts to JUST DO IT!
You can't lose what you don't have, sweetie. Just talk to him, befriend him, get to know him. Say hi every time you see him.