Old 08-15-2009, 11:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 290/280/150

Height: 5' 7"

Default So ticked off!!!! off topic

Some people just don't have any consideration of others. I'm at work; ready to get off in about 10 minutes and my relief just called and said he's going to be 30 minutes late. I understand things happen but it seems every Saturday that I work this guy is late.

I'm tired. I've been up since 7 am running around planning for my son's birthday bbq next weekend. I just want to go home take a nice shower and get into bed. Ok rant over
jrsygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 11:59 PM   #2  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

Oh man.. you're SO in my shoes today too. Only... MY relief was an hour and a half late... and my brother was waiting for me for two hours to pick him up from work because of it... poor kid...
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 01:09 AM   #3  
Pure American Metal

S/C/G: 245/see ticker/145

Height: 5 ft 7.5 in

That is always frustrating. I'm thankful I have an office job now which is mostly 8-5.

When I was in college though, I was working one weekend and my relief never showed up. I ended up working a double shift which came to 16 hours!!! I was seriously tired and mad. Was the most brutal day EVER.

Hope you got some nice rest and relaxation.
TXJess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 01:18 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 255/239/155

Height: 5'8"

I had problems like that when I worked at Waffle House. There were supposed to be two waitresses working but the other waitress called in every day and eventually stopped showing up. My boss wouldn't even try to find someone to cover her, he would just say 'you can handle it.' To top it off he wouldn't even fire her because "we need someone on the schedule." Well... if she's not showing up then she's not doing you any good anyway. They were happy with it because they had to have someone scheduled with me and that way they didn't have to pay another person. I found out later that same boss was charged with embezzlement.
Jadebatdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 01:39 AM   #5  

Where is he? Let me kick him in the arse for you!
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 01:53 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 280.0/205.8/100.0

Height: 5'2"

When I worked a security job I had the same problem except that if my relief was LATE I'd be ticked off but sorta happy - because it wasn't unusual for my relief to call in sick at the last minute. Then when I'd think I was going home at 8AM, I'd have to work a double until 4PM and I still had to be back at midnight for my own shift!

And it always seems to be the same people using their same old lame excuses when someone's late for work or calling off!
CamiToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 08:50 AM   #7  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineCA View Post
Where is he? Let me kick him in the arse for you!
Wait for me, I wanna help too!
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 11:58 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 290/280/150

Height: 5' 7"

Yeah, this JO didn't come in until 1:30am. No apology nothing. He just comes in as if he's on time. I didn't even wait for him to log into our phone system. I logged out and shut down my computer. Didn't even bother to give him a hand off. Oh, by the way I'm a tech for a phone company.

Monday I'm letting my manager know about this. This has to stop. The only good thing about it is that I got a little OT from it.
jrsygrl is offline   Reply With Quote