Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-16-2009, 02:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 249/175/149

Height: 5'8"

Default Relapse.

Well. l'm laying here in bed, as sick as I used to constantly feel, because of all the greasy, fatty foods I ate the past 2 days. And because I haven't done one minute of exercise in 3 days. Its been, what, 3 wks or so since I started? And already I was starting to feel better. This weekend sort of opened my eyes about how my eating was affecting my life, and how I use it to avoid feeling things I don't want to feel.

I'm not sure if I fully comprehend what this means to me yet. But I do know that I hate feeling this miserable. That I like eating healthier and being active - even though its tough. I don't want to sit and feel bad or scold myself. What's done is done. I can and will take the necessary steps to get better and try my best to take care of my body.

I'm not saying ill be perfect... I know its gonna be hard. I just don't want to give up. I don't want to keep getting worse. More than anything I just need to know that someone believes in me and thinks that I can succeed, and I know I can find that support here.

For now I'm just going to try to sleep and get rid of this awful tummy ache. Any suggestions on coming back from a relapse? What do you all usually do to get back on track, & more importantly, stay there?

Thanks for listening

-Carissa
kuhrisuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 03:39 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbee View Post
I'm not saying ill be perfect... I know its gonna be hard. I just don't want to give up. I don't want to keep getting worse. More than anything I just need to know that someone believes in me and thinks that I can succeed, and I know I can find that support here.
-Carissa
Carissa,
I'm sorry you are feeling so crummy, but I'm glad you're back. Nobody is perfect, and yes, sometimes it is hard. You can get better and there are people here to support you.

I don't know what plan you are following, so I can only share my experience with you. Most of my weight I lost very slowly-over 5 years time. It was painfully slow, because I didn't have a "plan". I really believe that every weight loss method here works as long as you stick with it.

The good news is that you weigh less than when you started so you are headed in the right direction. When you eat poorly for weeks at a time the scales will surely rise again.

Just start back on your plan and learn from your mistakes. One thing started doing was when I got in the mode to eat bad was I made a choice not to eat as badly as I used to. Point being that a single hamburger from McD won't set me back like 2 dozen donuts. Sometimes very small steps can be very important.

Just get back to healthy eating and your body will mend....and in the meantime, take care of your heart, too.

Don't give up.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 04:22 AM   #3  

Yep! What she ^^^ said!

Don't give up! You're on the best site to get the support you need.

Wishing you the best!
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 05:59 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

You'll get there, just take it one minute at a time, one day at a time. It's a new day and a new week for a fresh start. When you feel yourself going off track, think of how you felt now, write it down, read it and remind yourself you want to feel good, not be sick with a tummy ache, and instead remember how good you feel when you eat right and exercise (the endorphins!)
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 07:37 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 215/199/180

Just go back to doing what you were doing before in terms of weight loss and you will do fine. There will be plenty of times in the long journey of losing weight where you don't stay on plan (because of an incredible urge or because you planned it). It really only matters if you let that throw you off for good. You don't have to punish yourself for it by doing something extreme afterwards (besides, sounds like your body is already punishing you).
KDuffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 07:45 AM   #6  
SuperFreak

S/C/G: 330/319/150

Height: 5"5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDuffer View Post
Just go back to doing what you were doing before in terms of weight loss and you will do fine. There will be plenty of times in the long journey of losing weight where you don't stay on plan (because of an incredible urge or because you planned it). It really only matters if you let that throw you off for good. You don't have to punish yourself for it by doing something extreme afterwards (besides, sounds like your body is already punishing you).
That's exactly right. I have been up, down up down and have had to learn how to handle my emotions, my stress. The I don't really want to go to the gym today attitude to only learn once I'm there pushing my self I fell so much better during and afterward.
To tell myself I am so sick and tired of letting myself down, letting my emotions try to get the best of me. I get mad and say I am worth more then that. And yes I have had a day or days when I didn't follow my eating plan. I got back on it and remembered that I don't want to live like I have been.
I don't want to look at myself any more and be disappointed in what I see.
This a journey we all are and have taken and will take for the rest of our lives . Just know that you are worth it , you have to want it, and have to know it takes time and its a constant learning adventure you will undertake on learning what your body should be eating and doing and pushing thru .
Just keep going don't look back when you have a slip. They happen to all of us. Just never ever give up !!!!!

Last edited by MorticiaAddams; 08-16-2009 at 07:47 AM.
MorticiaAddams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 09:06 AM   #7  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

You know you went off plan and you've faced it. No need to beat yourself up over it. Dust your britches off and get right back on that horse. You can do it and we are all here cheering you on
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 10:02 AM   #8  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

I've been slow losing weight. Trying to get better with the eating (eliminating extras and bad habits) and increasing and refining the exercise.

I completely believe you can do it. Put one foot in front of the other, take each choice/challeng as it comes, when you falter forgive yourself and learn something. And never surrender. You, your health, self esteem, and quality of life are so worth the effort.

At least that's what I try to do and remind myself of all the time!
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 10:31 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

take what you've experienced and learn from it. Nobody feels good in that kind of lifestyle. Get up brush yourself off and keep going. We are here for you.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 11:10 AM   #10  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

So you really think laying in bed and sleeping it off is the answer? Get your butt out of bed and do something....anything constructive. If you lay in bed all day and wallow in this self pity you have going, you will binge again before this day is done. Get up and get out of your rut and live your life. I'm the one person who is not going to baby you and tell you it's okay to feel like crap. IT SUCKS and you and I both know how to avoid it.

Last edited by Lori Bell; 08-16-2009 at 11:12 AM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 11:15 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 249/175/149

Lol well it was like 1am when I posted that last night so I was getting ready for sleep ... BUT I do need to get out of bed right now. And go to workout. Which I'm doing !

Thank you all so so much!
kuhrisuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 11:32 AM   #12  

Just remember this sick feeling. I also "relapsed" about 2 weeks into my new lifestyle and, as I lay in bed that night, I was aware of how uncomfortable I was...so FULL....over-full really. I was amazed that that was how I went to bed for so many years. Now, at night, when I'm feeling tempted, I remember that awful feeling and that usually helps me resist.

If we never made mistakes, we'd never learn from them. Just think of this as a learning experience and DON'T DO IT AGAIN!

The weightloss journey is full of lessons. This is one less lesson you still have to learn! Welcome back on "the wagon" !

Last edited by jamiewyn; 08-16-2009 at 11:33 AM.
jamiewyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 12:42 PM   #13  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbee View Post
Lol well it was like 1am when I posted that last night so I was getting ready for sleep ... BUT I do need to get out of bed right now. And go to workout. Which I'm doing !

Thank you all so so much!
I missed that part... You go girl. LIVE!
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 01:42 PM   #14  
future bikini-wearer

S/C/G: 237/in between/150

Height: 5'7"

I am glad to hear that you are going to get back on track. I agree with the PP's... everyone relapses! I just back from vacation where we ate out almost every night. Luckily I only gained 2 pounds because I was trying to exercise everyday (mostly swimming in the pool). I'm glad that school is starting and I can get into a better routine.
girllovesmath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 02:15 PM   #15  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

Good for you for not giving up! The worst thing for your diet is an "all or nothing attitude". Three years ago I lost 25 lbs, then messed up for like 2 weeks, gained 5 back, and completely gave up. I felt like a total failure and like I had no self control. Skip forward three years to starting my weight loss again, and I'm kicking myself for not sticking with it and having gained back all 25 lbs plus some (Id have been at my goal weight if I hadn't given up!!). Even though slip ups are hard to face, especially at the beginning (they leave you thinking, man, I can't even stick to this for THREE weeks? I'm doomed!) the only thing you can do is forgive yourself and move forward! Otherwise you'll be back where you started a month from now instead of being closer to your goal weight.
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote