Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-15-2009, 02:17 PM   #1  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

Default BACK ON TRACK (mentally)

ive been whining and complaining about my weight loss slowing (i also managed to GAIN 2lb this week). i just realized that i only need to lose 15 more lbs to be at the weight i was at when i met my husband (165). ive been so focused on the last few weeks that i missed the big picture. im thinner than ive been in 4 years. my tank tops from last summer are practically falling off. fifteen pounds? pfft. ive lost almost triple that. i can SO do this!! i was ready to give up? ive lost 40 lb in 7 months and im going to let a little 1 month slowdown get to me? no WAY! it might not be til new years, but i will lose that 15 lb, and then ill keep going!! no more complaining! i got work to do!!
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 02:47 PM   #2  

Height: 5'11"

Good for you, Julia! Isn't it funny how it seems that most of our success at weight loss really starts in our head? I know that I can either feel really crappy about myself, or really good about myself and it's all just a matter of perspective and attitude. Your comment about nearly missing the "big picture" is just so timely for me, because sometimes I get into that frame of mind as well. I forget that it MATTERS that I am back into wearing my goal jeans, that my tank tops I bought at the beginning of summer are too big, that I will need to go shopping for some work tops soon because most of them are too big. I've been focusing on the fact that I've felt stuck at this weight for several weeks now, and not focusing on the fact that my weekly average weight is STILL going down.

Thanks for the reminder. You're right--we need to stay focused on the positive!
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 02:57 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

Great post, Julia.

Cheers,

J
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 03:01 PM   #4  
a work in progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windchime View Post
Good for you, Julia! Isn't it funny how it seems that most of our success at weight loss really starts in our head? I know that I can either feel really crappy about myself, or really good about myself and it's all just a matter of perspective and attitude. Your comment about nearly missing the "big picture" is just so timely for me, because sometimes I get into that frame of mind as well. I forget that it MATTERS that I am back into wearing my goal jeans, that my tank tops I bought at the beginning of summer are too big, that I will need to go shopping for some work tops soon because most of them are too big. I've been focusing on the fact that I've felt stuck at this weight for several weeks now, and not focusing on the fact that my weekly average weight is STILL going down.

Thanks for the reminder. You're right--we need to stay focused on the positive!

im also VERY up and down emotionally. its like when i have a good week of losing, i feel like i can do this, but then after a bad week or a gain, i feel totally inadequate. well, i had a bad week this week and im not going to waste it feeling bad about myself. i can totally relate to "feeling stuck", that's how i feel right now, but how many times have i felt this way before? it always moves along eventually!
Old 08-15-2009, 04:26 PM   #5  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

I agree, great post. thanks for reminding me!! I do it too!!!
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 08:17 PM   #6  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

That is great!!
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 08:34 PM   #7  
a work in progress

thanks girls! sometimes its harder to get your mind back on track than your eating habits.
Old 08-16-2009, 01:49 PM   #8  
future bikini-wearer

S/C/G: 237/in between/150

Height: 5'7"

Congrats on what you've lost so far. Thanks for putting things in perspective... we all need that!
girllovesmath is offline   Reply With Quote