Old 08-14-2009, 08:17 PM   #1  

Default Getting sick of the food

OK so I am doing OK with the weightloss but I am getting seriously sick of the food. I just want to eat something fun once. I know I am whining but what do you do when you get to this phase?

Last edited by Bobsey; 08-14-2009 at 08:21 PM. Reason: posted twice in error
Bobsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsey View Post
OK so I am doing OK with the weightloss but I am getting seriously sick of the food. I just want to eat something fun once. I know I am whining but what do you do when you get to this phase?

Bobsey....oh I couldn't agree with you more...this is my first week, and I can barely stomach breakfast anymore. I have fish twice in a row now and just can't handle it one more time.

I know I have to start making the recipes and adding some zest to the food...I just didn't purchase any creamies and bouillion to make the recipes...darn...I hate to make another trip out there, so I guess I will wait till next week at WI to re-stock.

I have a counter full of fresh garden tomatoes, and I want to grab the sea salt and just eat one right now, but can't....dang...it's so very hard.

But I can't complain, I've had a good loss this week, so it is working.. .so I will continue gagging down the breakfast and live with it.
Fifties Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 10:34 PM   #3  

We have to hang in there, I know that I too have to start preparing things in advance and stop eatting the same thing over and over. I know that I can do this but I have definitely hit the tough spot. Keep coming here and let's help each other. I have been at this a month and it is getting tougher so any advice is appreciated!!
Old 08-15-2009, 04:27 PM   #4  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 239.5/232.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Bobsey, just keep plugging away. Get the cook book and try that or look in the recipe thread. I like to eat a lot of ground meat ( turkey, chicen and bison) mixed with hommade or low sdium taco seasoning. Then mix in veg (I like broccoli, and sauteed bell peppers andmushroom). I also like to make chili with the tomato supplement (add a little extra water and season it well to fill u up). Make piuzza with tortillas or spaghetti with spaghetti sqaush. Good luck!

Fifities, u should be able to have ur tomatos raw, just go very light on the sea salt. I have seen many mrc recipes that call for salt. I use the mortons lite salt, it is very low in sodium.
lmickley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 06:03 AM   #5  

Height: 5'9"

My center said it was okay to use sea salt and in little amounts. I buy a large package of chicken breast and separate the breast into several small ziplock bags, I proceed to marinade them with chicken or tomato HNS, Mrs. Dash, salad spritzers etc. Each bag having different marinades for variety, I then freeze them in the marinade. This save a big step in having to decided on the seasoning. I just defrost in the fridge and cook the chicken with whatever veggies I have on hand. I also used Mrs. Dash seasonings on fresh chicken breast and cook up the whole package (normally 10 breast) at one time on my George Forman grill, and weigh out and bag 4oz at a time, after the breast are cooked, then freeze in bags, easy when I am in a hurry or for lunch, I take out the frozen cooked chicken and zap it in the microwave for two minutes, toss with a salad. I do this with bison as well but always flavor it with taco seasoning to make a quick taco salad...just a few tricks that kept me going and on program
GWE140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 11:50 AM   #6  
rip

S/C/G: 282

Height: 5 11

THe first few weeks were so very hard for me. There were times I just wanted to cry. I would look at my family and say I just want to grab something out of the cupboard to eat. I was sick of preparing food and extra sick of chicken. I still don't like chicken much (I use to). But after a few weeks preparing food and getting it ready ahead of time became just part of the daily routine.

You will find things that you like more than others. I will go 2-3 weeks having the same thing for lunch because I like it then find something else.

My current breakfasts are:
light toast dipped in 2 eggs with spenda and fried. On work days I just make it in the evening while I am preparing dinner then put it in the fridge

Lunch:
Cottage Cheese, with strawberries, tomatoes and splenda. I split the splenda pack between the cc and strawberries which are mixed up and the tomatoes which are separate.

Dinner,
Generally chicken, ground turkey, shrimp, steak (twice a week for the shrimp and steak) along with veggies. I have found some very good methods for cooking my fav. veggies and have grown to love them.

In a couple of weeks I will be sick and tired of this combination and will come up with a new one!

Good Luck

Started MRC 5/9/09
rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 12:16 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 331/318/200

Height: 5ft71/2

Get the MRC cookbook and try the vegetable pizza--that is my all-time favorite. It makes 7 servings and you can only have it for lunch if you are on the green menu, which I am, but it is oh so good. Other things in the cookbook I have tried are the turkey lasagna--the 'noodles' were strips of zucchini. It was good but you had to mix it with a pkg. of the tomato supplement, which I didn't particularly like. I also made turkey marsala, it was good too. You just have to become very creative and make things interesting and taste good with what you can. Hang in there !!!!

NoMoreExcuses24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 08:35 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

OMG... I made the vegetable pizza yesterday, and it is incredible! Even my husband who is not on the plan enjoyed it. Yummy!
cmb9697 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:52 AM   #9  

I am so thankful for this board. Without it I know that I would not be successful on this program! You guys are the best!! You have totally helped me through this rut and I am moving forward. I am also trying your suggestions above. Thanks for the advice and keep it coming!!
Old 08-18-2009, 01:58 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreExcuses24 View Post
Get the MRC cookbook and try the vegetable pizza--that is my all-time favorite. It makes 7 servings and you can only have it for lunch if you are on the green menu, which I am, but it is oh so good. Other things in the cookbook I have tried are the turkey lasagna--the 'noodles' were strips of zucchini. It was good but you had to mix it with a pkg. of the tomato supplement, which I didn't particularly like. I also made turkey marsala, it was good too. You just have to become very creative and make things interesting and taste good with what you can. Hang in there !!!!

Hey nomorexcuses,
I make the turkey lasagna with zucchini as well. I hate the tomato supplement so I skip it and the zucchini always makes it watery so I have a new trick to that. I actually use a mandolin slicer to slice thin strips of the zucchini (long or round, it doesn't really matter in the end) and I then place them on papertowels, spread out, cover with more papertowels and press down trying to get out all the excess water I can. I'll go through this several times, change the papertowels a few times and then go for it. During baking process if still wet I will drain out some of the water. This has made it a much better lasagna. I might also try the ground buffalo in substitute for the turkey next time. I love it!! Have a great day :0)
Karen1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 04:26 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Height: 5'2"

Cooking in advance saves the day. I have a rut for breakfast, egg, slice cheese and toast. Break out of it now and then but that is it for the most part. I love using bison, make burgers with either the prefrozen ones or mix up a few with garlic powder, onion powder and then eat with mustard and a tomato basil salad. Make up a few and freeze. Also make mini meatloafs with the bison, tried turkey but it was too dry. Made turkey stir fry the other day. Easy! Brown the ground turkey, add frozen stir fry veggies (watch out for the carrots, take them out if you are making just for you) put in some onion powder or whatever seasonings you want along with Braggs amino acids. Go easy on the Braggs, it does have a lot of sodium. Smells so good! People at work always want to know what I am eating and if it is on my plan or am I cheating! Good luck and start getting creative.
Lori123321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 07:04 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 166/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I have to admit that food prep is definitely something you have to plan for. This is hard for someone who usually short on time. I'm hoping some of these recipes help! I especially want to try the breakfast ones. Now if only I can get done with this yellow menu!
funshine is offline   Reply With Quote