Old 08-15-2009, 07:52 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Unhappy Venting!

I just need a place to get this out! I am tired. I don't want to count calories, I don't have the energy to count calories, I don't have the energy to even eat actually. But I know I have to. I just wanna crawl into bed, lock EVERYONE out of my apt, including my boyfriend.. and just sleep for a couple days. I was thinking about this and wondering what the heck is wrong with me.. and then it hit me. I am actually just really tired. I'm not sleeping enough, so last night my mom arrived in town, so we went to my grandma's until 11pm, and then came here, showed her around my new place, chatted for a while.. and it was nearly 1am by the time I got to sleep. I woke up at 6:15 for work. Tomorrow we repeat, same with Monday. I am also getting sick, have a pretty nasty earache and sore throat where it hurts to swallow anything.

I'm sick, tired and getting a little cranky... and I need to count calories. So now that it's all out, I'm going to get up (love having a laptop in bed), and deal with the day and hope that I can get to bed before 1am! Thanks for letting me vent..

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 08:56 AM   #2  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

hang in there, Amy! maybe you can follow an eating plan for a couple of day where you already basically know you're on target and don't have to plug anything in (if that's what you do, mean by counting calories)

moving to a new place is a big adjustment, don't be too hard on yourself. I can be like a bear when I get sick. Feel better.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:18 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Sounds like you are stressed out. Sick, lack of sleep. visit from Mom. Who wouldn't be tired ? You have made a good start on your weight loss. You are to be congratulated for that. If calorie counting is too much for you right now, just watch what you eat for a few days. I am a calorie counter and find that once it becomes a habit, it is not so hard to do, even in stressful times. And it does pay off.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:42 AM   #4  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

Try to breathe sweetie! It sounds like you are super stressed...I agree with Bargoo and Dragon about maybe not counting & eating things you know that will be in your calorie range.

Once you are settled in, mom leaves, hopefully things will get back to normal. If not kick them all out and get the rest you need

TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:46 AM   #5  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

S/C/G: 235/201/175

Aimee, I hope you get to catch up on your sleep soon. I usually end up a bit sleep deprived, just because of my schedule, but at least one day a week I get one long night of sleep, and that seems to catch me up and give me a recharge.

You are doing great so far, as Bargoo said.
jamsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:56 AM   #6  
Right foot, left foot ...

S/C/G: 285.4/262/170

Height: 5'11"

Oh man, I hear you! Do the best you can to re-jig things so it's a bit saner for you -- you can only run at the pace for so long before you crash. And you're body will make you crash.
chickiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 07:00 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Marge - you know how tough I am on myself.. I keep forgetting that moving, and starting a new job are some of the hardest things to do.. I expect more and more.. I did take yesterday off, and it felt both good and bad..

bargoo - it does become easier to count calories, and since I generally eat the same size of meals with the same types of things.. it was an easy day. I just woke up this morning and had a "I don't wannnnaaaaa" attitude. A visit from mom is always hard, esp in this case where she is coming to see me, but also my grandma lives here, as does my aunt and she doesn't seem interested in staying with them. Hurts my feelings for them, and I feel guilty. Yup, definitely stressed! Lemme ask you a question about calorie counting - did you have to adjust it as your lost the weight?

Tanee - I do forget to breath when I am stressed.. and tonight I planned my life around picking up my bf from work, which includes me getting to bed early

Cheryl - I am like you, I usually am sleep deprived from my weird work schedule but then always seem to have 1 day to recover, but it's been 2 weeks without that day..

chickiegirl - my body is crashing! Today it finally is yelling at me to stop doing stuff and go to bed.. it yells in the form of a fever, and my neck gets too sore to drive anymore, funny how it just knows!

Thank you ALL for your posts, it was exactly what I needed.. I'm going to take a few deep breaths, try to cherish my sleep deprived family time, and plan to sleep in on Tuesday!!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 08:25 PM   #8  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

I'm sorry you are/were having a not so good day. Hang in there and stay strong
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:19 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I will never be able to eat the amount of calories that I ate when I was over two hundred pounds.. The less you weigh , the fewer calories you need to maintain.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:26 PM   #10  
Windsong

S/C/G: 219/191/150

Height: 5'6"

Hang in there Aimee! I hope you will get to crawl in bed and get some much needed rest soon.
windsong548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 12:04 AM   #11  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Awww...my girl...take it easy on yourself! The stuff you've been through lately is no small thing!

My heart is with you!
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote